Funny Problem with HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
HL:S? Last heard, it looked totally ugly, with Valve not having updated the character models. Same too for the textures. Whats the sitrep on that now? Have any modding teams done the needfull?

@Allyn: LOL! Many of my friends will agree with you on that, especially when I somehow manage to land in college, many hours late, eyes all red due to whole night spent surfing the net. I just make it a point to sleep early on days like today, when I have my exam early next day. But dont be surprsied if you see my post here or SKOAR! at 2 AM. I can hardly keep off this place. :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ctrl_alt_del said:
@Allyn: LOL! Many of my friends will agree with you on that, especially when I somehow manage to land in college, many hours late, eyes all red due to whole night spent surfing the net. I just make it a point to sleep early on days like today, when I have my exam early next day. But dont be surprsied if you see my post here or SKOAR! at 2 AM. I can hardly keep off this place. :)
Well now then i dun suppose by any chance u would be postin the same stuff in ur exams as well....as later end up givin a skoar Gaming exam :lol:

Oh yea the Hl:S still dosent have any improvement in its blue shift Add on but i have heard that the AI has become agrresive and the game seems impressive on 5.1 surround.....i suppose it was reatiled with the Hl2 Gold and Silver editions.....so raj....knock knock man enlighten on the HL:S as u have the Silver edition right!!!! 8)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
He's got the Silver Steam Edition? Man, he bought it via Steam? :shock: As much as I considered doing that, I just couldn't bring myself to punch in my credit card number. I actually entered all the numbers, the CVV number and the expiration date and then slapped myself hard, shook myself out of it and closed the window. :D HL:S has an addon for BlueShift? I thought it was just the contents of the original game (without OF and BS) on Source.

raj14

In Deniel
Come to reality i was going to buy the Gold Edition, But Those Vampires are Milestone interactive didn't have it. I do have HL2 with CS:Source, it's bronze edition i guess. @enoon: Dude, Can ya arrange me GTA:SA? willing to pay anything.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@raj.....dude first off the hook why always double post instead of just editing ur previuos one :?

anyways i guess u missed out on the Gold and Silver one then.....Steam hasnt yet retailed The gold and Silver for Milestone interactive's distribution....but i remember a while ago this dude in the bazaar section had got the Gold edition only a while after its release....also dun any sellers out in ur place have a SA DVD's i mean its like the hottest seller for PS2 out there....Strange man!!!!! :?

raj14

In Deniel
Yeah, wasn't able to, My GPRS stopped workin' i surf via my mob. Now i m back! PS: HL2 Gold Edition costs $95.99(Rs.3,500aproxx), it includes: HL2, CS:S, HL1, Poster, Sticker, Manual/Guide. Wanted to buy it....

raj14

In Deniel
I don't double post, the Damn GPRS is so slow, thats why it makes a copy of itself(Deep told me) cleared?Don't accuse me please.

raj14

In Deniel
I don't double post, the Damn GPRS is so slow, thats why it makes a copy of itself(Deep told me) cleared?Don't accuse me please.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Wait a minute, lets clear up one thing first and foremost, these are the ways HL2 is distributed:

HL2 Retail Standard:
HL2+HL2DM(via Update)+CS:S

HL2 Collector's Edition:
Collector's box+HL2+HL2DM(via Update)+CS:S+DoD:S(via Update)+HL:S+Prima Strategy Guide Sampler

HL2 Steam Bronze:
HL2+HL2DM+CS:S

HL2 Steam Silver:
HL2+HL2DM+CS:S+HL:S+DoD:S+Valve's back catalog (HL, CS, CS:CZ, CS:DS, DoD, TFC, HLDM, Ricochet, OF)

HL2 Steam Gold:
HL2+HL2DM+CS:S+HL:S+DoD:S+Valve's back catalog (HL, CS, CS:CZ, CS:DS, DoD, TFC, HLDM, Ricochet, OF)+Posters+Prima Strategy Guide (full)+Hardhat+Collector's Box+Postcards

This last ultra cool package is $84.95 now, which is ~ 3800 INR. All Bronze/Silver/Gold packages can only be ordered via Steam, which means that you will not get the discs at all. So, if even they wanted to, MI cannot distribute the Bronze/Silver/Gold editions. This all has its origins with Valve having a major row with Vivendi Universal Games over them owing money, with VUG wanting money from Valve's Steam Program. So, Valve decided to lower the costs for the end user and throw in a few goodies if you purchased the packs via Steam.

So, you see, Milestone has only the Standard Retail package (which you can see in your confirmation print when you complete the registration of your game on Steam).

*img111.exs.cx/img111/953/steam0dw.th.jpg

So, I dont know the dude was selling off HL2 Gold on Bazaar, unless he meant the Collector's Edition or he was selling off his Steam account itself, which would contain all the games.

@raj: Well, if you want the original, I have a friend coming over from the US in another week, so I could get that for you. No problem!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@raj....dude wasnt accusing u of anything but rather was just curios on ur frequent double posts.....darn man how in the hell do ya manage to post via Gprs......are u so addicted to the site????? :wink:

@enoo....ok ok we got the point already.....so when are ya importing ur Gold Edition :D :wink:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Nah, man, I already got Valve's back catalog as well as HL2/HL2DM/CS:S so I dont think I am gonna go in for another 3800 bucks just for DoD:S and TFC:S (when it comes out), not to mention the other stuff like the posters, for which I don't have much of use. I was gonna get it before HL2 released on Nov. 16, 2004 and was available here on the 22nd, but I never saw the point of downloading over 5GB of data over Steam. I would've taken eternity for the download. :D I am not entering my credit card number on SteamPowered.com anytime soon. Maybe HL3 will change that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom