Full HD Lcd monitor suggestions plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^ so my board will not extract the full juice from 22". Am I right?
Should I go for 20" then? If yes, Dell is the gud choice again?

Sorry, if some1 feels I have hijacked this thread!!!

dreams

Gracias Senor
thnx asigh..wil hunt for one!!!

Edit:
Which Dell should I go,
Dell ST2010
Dell Professional 2009W
Both are 20" and have a resolution of 1600x900 at 60 Hz and 1680 x 1050
Only difference is the connectivity options and contrast ratio,
ST2010 as VGA (Analog) HDMI and Contrast Ratio 1000:1 standard contrast ratio (typical)
2009W as Digital Visual Interface - Digital (DVI-D) with High Definition Content Protection (HDCP), Video Graphics Array (VGA), 1 USB 2.0 upstream port, 4 USB 2.0 downstream ports and Contrast Ratio 2000:1 (typical)

Pls help!!

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
2009W has better features it seems. If you will use this monitor to game on a console, then go for one with HDMI, else DVI-D is as good. Both have equally good picture quality.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
2009W as Digital Visual Interface - Digital (DVI-D) with High Definition Content Protection (HDCP), Video Graphics Array (VGA), 1 USB 2.0 upstream port, 4 USB 2.0 downstream ports and Contrast Ratio 2000:1 (typical)

This one is good. Digital option. Is the current standard.

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@sriharsha_madineni
congratz bro..the monitor of dell is a killin one. BTW, most of ur setup is the same as mine. Yur keyboard, altec, modem are all same as mine. lol

Guys I have a query, as of now, I have a old intel motherboard with in-built graphics. My current monitor is a 14" LG CRT. Thinking of bringin in a LCD most probably a 20 or 22".

But, will my inbuilt board support the resolution of the monitor?

My board is Intel D845GVAD2
lol same pinch
I guess that extends to ipod touch 2G as well from ur siggy. Mine's 2G too 32gig one on 3.1.1 JB

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Krow & asigh - The dell is a better option indeed but it will not be supported by his mobo as his 845G supports only 1600*1200 max but the monitor has native resolution of
1680*1050 and 845G only has VGA conector so the DVI-D will be useless for me unless he is going to get a new rig :p

@ dreams - Are you going to get a new rig sometime soon or you are going to use the monitor with your current config ? For a new rig dell 2009W will be the bet for you. But if you are not going to buy a new rig then you should opt for Dell ST2010 :p

Last edited:
OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@ sriharsha_madineni - Are you going to get a new rig sometime soon or you are going to use the monitor with your current config ? For a new rig dell 2009W will be the bet for you. But if you are not going to buy a new rig then you should opt for Dell ST2010 :razz:

@topgear
I guess this is for dreams right??

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^ I too believe the same. Its for me. I dont want to go for another desktop and thought of retaining my processor, RAM and change the mob alone. I even started a thread for it, but the responses were not satisfactory or didnt help me in making up my mind.

I use my desktop to watch movies and hear music. Days have gone when I used it to play games. So, according to my rig, what monitor is the best?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@TopGear:
Yea correct. Did not notice that native support on the board would be VGA.

@Dreams:
Get the monitor TopGear has suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom