Amitava83

Broken In
Guys,I am going crazy with a persistent PC problem,as stated below:

1)I switch on the main power

2)I switch on my UPS
3)I switch on my Power Button
4)Power LED(Blue) turns on.
5)HDD LED turns on for .3 secs and then goes off
6)Monitor turns from Active Power Mode to Standby Mode.
7)All the Cabinet fans and SMPS,CPU and GPU fans are running fine.
8)I press the power button for 3 seconds.
9)Voila!Machine reboots fine.

Last week only I had the same problem,when I was suggested to flash my BIOS with the latest update.I did and since then,till today,system was running fine.

I also would like to give the following info:

1.My BIOS does NOT go to the POST state.

2The monitor gets active signal just for a second and then it goes to Standby Mode.

3.Since the last time I flashed my BIOS(I flashed it on June 26th),I hear no beep sounds even when the machine boots normally.Not a single beep sound.

4.I believe my system has quite adequate ventilation.I checked from time to time earlier using Speedfan.Neither the HDD nor the CPU cores ever crossed 60 degrees Centi even after intense gaming.There are five 120mm Cabinet fans(two I bought separately)

5.My HDD was checked with Seagte Seatools and worked fine.

What is the root cause?What do i have to do to rectify it once and for all??Even If I format there is no guarantee that this problem wont occur again.

Regards
AD

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Or you can take out mobo battery. Put the battery back in after 10-15 min.

1. Power down the system
2. Remove all power connection --> Physically disconnect the TX650 connector the the PSU.
3. Carefully (preferably with a thin screw driver or safety pic), remove the CMOS button cell.
4. Read the newspaper :) for 2-3 minutes.
5. Put the battery back in.
6. Power up.

This will reset the system. Try this and let us know..!

OP
A

Amitava83

Broken In
1. Power down the system
2. Remove all power connection --> Physically disconnect the TX650 connector the the PSU.
3. Carefully (preferably with a thin screw driver or safety pic), remove the CMOS button cell.
4. Read the newspaper :) for 2-3 minutes.
5. Put the battery back in.
6. Power up.

This will reset the system. Try this and let us know..!

I did all this.I even bought a new CMOS battery.After working fine for two hours.again the same problem.Machine freezes while booting.Wont even go to POST.Did a BIOS update again(did it last week)but i dont think its a permanent solution as last week after flashing it with the Latest file,the machine ran fine for only 5 days before the problem recurred again.

BIOS Details:
Model:p5Q-E
Version:2101
Chipset:Eaglelake
BIOS type:AMI
BIOS Size:2048K

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi..

It seems you have a short or leak in your system some where. It is causing the CMOS battery to drain out fast. STOP flashing your BIOS over and over again. Just put it back to the latest version.

'Bread box' your system and try to run it..with a new CMOS battery.

Bread Box = remove the mother board, and place it on the table. Keep some non conductive material below it. Like thermocoal sheet, or a foam pad, or 2-3 mouse pads.

Hook up the processor, heatsink, ram (one stick only), GPU, HDD (only the one with the OS), monitor, keyboard and mouse. Now try to run it...??

Make sure all system settings are stock. RUN IT..STRESS IT..Report back..

OP
A

Amitava83

Broken In
Guys the problem,I think ,has been solved!For the past few days,it seems that one corner of my Mobo had been grounded to the metal chassis,due to the nut coming loose..This led to voltage fluctuations and subsequent booting problems.Now the machine boots fine with a single beep everytime.

My question is:Is there a possibility that my Mobo,specially the condensers & capacitors situated near the grounded portion,has already been damaged to some extent?Is there any way to know if my severely tortured Mobo is perfectly all right?

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Guys the problem,I think ,has been solved!For the past few days,it seems that one corner of my Mobo had been grounded to the metal chassis,due to the nut coming loose..This led to voltage fluctuations and subsequent booting problems.Now the machine boots fine with a single beep everytime.

My question is:Is there a possibility that my Mobo,specially the condensers & capacitors situated near the grounded portion,has already been damaged to some extent?Is there any way to know if my severely tortured Mobo is perfectly all right?

Was your system 'earthed' correctly. You must be connected via a UPS. Where you plug it into the socket in the wall, does that have correct earthing. If the earthing is correct, then all the leaked current would have been reverse fed back to the earth pin ---> and the grounding for your house/building, so your motherboard should be fine.

Just to confirm that there are no more leaks, check your cabinet metal with a line tester. It should not glow even dimly. Even if you have a dim/faint glow, current is leaking in somewhere.

I had the same issue, three days ago. Specially called the electrician to get my home earthing rectified..!

OP
A

Amitava83

Broken In
Guys,problem still not solved.Even after all this,I again get the same problem:viz BIOS freezes befpre even going to POST...and MOST IMPORTANTLY ,there is NO BEEP when it occurs.After I press the Power Button for some seconds,BIOS boots up normally with single beep.

I'm having nightmares.Please help!

OP
A

Amitava83

Broken In
Guys,problem still not solved.Even after all this,I again get the same problem:viz BIOS freezes befpre even going to POST...and MOST IMPORTANTLY ,there is NO BEEP when it occurs.After I press the Power Button for some seconds,BIOS boots up normally with single beep.

I'm having nightmares.Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom