Frustrated with Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I Have seen POst paid connections are much better in terms of service of all the providers.

They do not treat prepaid customers with respect, however if u are have post case is entirly diffrent

krish

Journeyman
There have been some experiences lately which have really really pissed me off with hutch. I'm a post paid subscriber with hutch. I've been using hutch since the day i got my first cell phone. And it's been 5-6 years now. And I'm using this particular connection for 7-8 months now.
I've taken 299 one india roaming plan. Now when its a roaming plan (i.e I'll be charged only one rupee while i'm anywhere in India), you gotta give roaming with it!! right?? But no!! you have to activate it and that's will be charged monthly!! Fine... but when you call them up to activate (while you are going outstation), they say that you have to make a deposit of Rs 1300/-!!!!!!! What am I supposed to do then??
Many of my friends have similar schemes who pay the bill of around Rs 300-400/-. I pay around Rs 2000 each month! Their credit limit has been increased to Rs 3000, but mine is still at 1000!!!!! doesn't it sound absurd??
Once they barred my outgoing calls.. when i asked them, they said that you havent paod the bill... i said i didn't recieve any bill and you should have at least inform me before discontinuing the calls.. they said someone miss. xyz called you in the morning and you said you wont pay the bill until you get the bill!! AND I DIDN'T GET ANY CALL FROM THEM!!!!!!!!
These are some of the bad experiences i've had with them. This is what they do to their loyal customers.... now what am i supposed to do? Switch to MTNL maybe......

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
hmm. interesting. I am using Hutch postpaid for past 2 years. I never made a deposit for roaming. it is always activated. Regarding disconnection, once I didn't pay my bill just to find out when they are gonna barr my outgoing calls. They barred the outgoing line after somewhere around 40 days from the due date.Before blocking outgoing calls, I was called, hmm twice every week asking when I am going to pay bill. Credit limit for me is somewhere around 4k.

I never had any issue apart from weak signals in some areas. I get excellent support, I browse the web using GPRS.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
I think Hutch is probably taken over by either 'Reliance' or 'Vodafone',if it is taken by 'Reliance' then these problems will increase!

krish

Journeyman
Well whatever we are talking are annoyances and not exactly complaints... these are just due to the unclear declaration of their plans and all.... so you know it's not a very good idea to file a complaint until its really a complaint...

eddie

El mooooo
Have you subscribed to "Do Not Disturb"? Actually I experienced similar situation as yours where I did not get any SMS or calls. I did not face disconnection but a rude experience and was later told that it was due to DND.

This is how it happened to me. I got a call from some Jat type guy (you know that weird and rude accent) and he was like..."Apna naam aur address batao" (those were his exact opening words). I mean WTH man? I asked him who he was and what he was talking about. Then he told me that he was calling from Hutch and he needs to do verification. I said that I will not tell any random guy my details and then he threatened me that if I don't tell him details...I should be ready to face repercussions and my connection will be deactivated within 3 days.

I didn't tell him details and asked him to disconnect the connection but I did call Hutch Care immediately. The experience was terrible...the customer care executive was not friendly either and told me that they are giving so many advertisements...this and that. My details were also wrong in their database. Anyways, I went to a Hutch Teleshop next day and submitted the documents but I also wrote to their Nodal officer. Then I got calls from them asking for apologies and all. That it will never happen again...and they will even talk to the agency from which I got the call. After that I even got a call from that verification agency...the people who were threatening to disconnect the connection. They also apologized and said that they will look how their executives talk. It is all fine now...my address and name has been updated. Everything fine :)

Oh and btw...my connection is also 5 years old and it was purchased from a Hutch shop. Not the normal mobile shops and yet my details in their records was wrong. I guess this is why the whole verification drive is going on because people didn't work as expected sometime back.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I have a Hutch prepaid and a postpaid connection. The DND seems to be works only in the postpaid, lol, why am I not surprised.
So to workaround this problem, I have saved the 2-3 numbers from which they usually call in my handset phonebook, and assigned "no tone" to them.
So they can DIE.
Nothing can be done about sms though.

Pathik

Google Bot
DND works fine in my friends prepaid...
and in case it doesnt u can always "blacklist" them... in s60 fones.. :))

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well DND doesnot work on Dolphin that well....
They sent a message to all subscribers that if you donot want to receive promotional messages then send DND to 2233...i snt it immediately but still i do receive the msgs though their frequency has decreased...
Hope TRAI takes some action otherwise i will certainly do...

K

krazyfrog

Till now i've just received an sms from airtel telling me to submit my documents to them. Apart from that, i haven't heard anything from them on this topic so far. And everything is working as usual.

eddie

El mooooo
IMHO everyone who has not RE-verified their connections should do it immediately. No use getting hassled at a later time.
DoT turns heat on sub verification

speedracer

Right off the assembly line
I have a Hutch related issue:
Basically about 3 years back my friend bought got a Hutch prepaid connection ... Next month he got a MTNL connection, and since I was looking for a Hutch one.. I just started using his sim.. and have been doing so ever since..
Now in light of the documentation that Hutch is pushing ppl before March 31, I wonder if I can use my documentation for 'verification'... because they may have my friend's name in their database...
Or is there some way to 'transfer' account from one person to another?
Or am I better off just gettting a new connection :D

Thanks
Kartik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom