Frustrated with Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
My hutch connection was disconnected yesterday without prior notification on the basis of “verification”. I cannot make any outgoing calls and SMSs even though i have a balance of around 1800 Rs. Incoming calls do not show the caller ID. Now even though i have submitted the required documents (not that i didn’t submit them when i bought the connection, i did submit a photocopy of my Driver’s License!), my connection has not been activated. There are problems with the network too. Calls get dropped, network congestion. I cannot dial Hutch Care “111″ from my mobile. It always shows network busy. So if i need to talk to customer care, i need to dial “9811098110″ from my landline (which surprisingly works at one go!) and pay for it while i listen to “you and i” for an hour! And when the customer care guy picks up, he conviniently just hangs up without saying a word!

What kind of service is this? Im am extremely dissatisfied, and would NOT recommend hutch to anyone. I myself cannot shift cause i have an OLD number, otherwise i would have shifted to another provider.

In Short: Do yourself a favour and dont buy Hutch..

S

SE><IE

Could it be because of the recent "I'll buy Hutch" contest? Cuz AFAIK, Hutch did provide good service when I had it as my primary XSP

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
According to the latest guidelines issued by TRAI to the service providers,all the connections had to be verified before march 31,2007 and even those who had submitted the docs wud receive a call from the service provider to verify that the details in the docs were correct and the user knew with whose name he had booked the connection....
So i guess kalpik...they are first coming down on those who had not submitted the docs at the time of taking the connection...
This wud have been the case with many users,so it is taking some time for them to reactivate the connections...
As for the customer care service...i dont think ne1 will be satisfied with his/her mobile service provider in that matter!

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Oh! Thatz a horrible experience kalpik. It's better to stick to Indian brands like Airtel. I am using it frm past 2 years and never had big issues with them. Recently I had some frustration due to their GPRS service, but all are sorted out now.
To ankurgupta... I guess it is march 31, 2007 and not 3007! :)

T

thunderbird.117

kalpik said:
My hutch connection was disconnected yesterday without prior notification on the basis of “verification”. I cannot make any outgoing calls and SMSs even though i have a balance of around 1800 Rs. Incoming calls do not show the caller ID. Now even though i have submitted the required documents (not that i didn’t submit them when i bought the connection, i did submit a photocopy of my Driver’s License!), my connection has not been activated. There are problems with the network too. Calls get dropped, network congestion. I cannot dial Hutch Care “111″ from my mobile. It always shows network busy. So if i need to talk to customer care, i need to dial “9811098110″ from my landline (which surprisingly works at one go!) and pay for it while i listen to “you and i” for an hour! And when the customer care guy picks up, he conviniently just hangs up without saying a word!

What kind of service is this? Im am extremely dissatisfied, and would NOT recommend hutch to anyone. I myself cannot shift cause i have an OLD number, otherwise i would have shifted to another provider.

In Short: Do yourself a favour and dont buy Hutch..

I had the same problem like you. I went to the hutch showroom. They did not help. So i got airtel now. It is ok for now.

amitava82

MMO Addict
their customer care number does not even work here in bangalore. if you have any problem you have to go to hutch shop. :mad:

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
I m frm PUnjab.
Got many calls 3-4 months back frm Airtel Customer care that plz give us ur address nd we wud b cming for conformation that u hav given correct Details..

They even said that plz re-submit the ID's.

Didnt gav nd nobody came..

Using airtel happily. but customer care is a problem here too.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
amitava82 said:
their customer care number does not even work here in bangalore. if you have any problem you have to go to hutch shop. :mad:

exactly! the only time they are accessible are at abt 12 midnight!!!!!

OP
kalpik

kalpik

ankurgupta.me said:
According to the latest guidelines issued by TRAI to the service providers,all the connections had to be verified before march 31,2007 and even those who had submitted the docs wud receive a call from the service provider to verify that the details in the docs were correct and the user knew with whose name he had booked the connection....
So i guess kalpik...they are first coming down on those who had not submitted the docs at the time of taking the connection...
This wud have been the case with many users,so it is taking some time for them to reactivate the connections...
As for the customer care service...i dont think ne1 will be satisfied with his/her mobile service provider in that matter!
But i DID submit my documents while taking the connection! And even if they didnt have my documents, they should have requested me to submit those before disconnecting my connection! They didnt call, didnt even send an SMS.. And my phone still doesnt work.. Its been 3 days now..

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I was first with AirTel (pre and post paid) and then with Hutch (pre and post paid). I am currently still with Hutch and I can say this much, service is bad on the phone, whether Hutch or AirTel. However being a Hutch postpaid customer I find their billing quite transparent. That's a plus. But customer care, both are equally bad. The customer care lines are managed by call centre staff who don't understand the problem or give the wrong solution. Then you can't blame them. Their job is to try and sort out your problem if they can, give you a complaint number and forward your complaint to the correct department. If the correct department sleeps on it they (customer care) have to face the music from the irate customer. But then the irate customer too has no choice. The only way is to go to the head office or TeleShoppe in your city and sort things out. Only that has worked for me. And the information they give is accurate and service is fast.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

hmm.. They STILL haven't activated my number! Im gonna go to the hutch shop and fight with them today.. Wish me luck!

Edit: In the meantime, i've written the following email to the delhi/NCR nodal ofiicer:

Dear Sir/Mam

I am a subscriber to hutch since more than 3 years with mobile number XXXXXXXXXX, registered under my name (Kalpik Nigam). My connection was disconnected late night on 19th Jan WITHOUT any prior notification. When i called up customer care, they told me my connection was temporarily barred for verification of my documents. I had already provided Hutch with a photocopy of my drivers license when i took this connection, so why this harassment? Anyway, on 20th Jan, i went to the Hutch shop at Sector 18 Noida, and re-submitted my photo ID proof, after sitting in the queue for about an hour. I was told there that my connection would be activated within 24 hours. When i asked why would it take so much time, when you could disconnect my phone without even telling me, why are you taking so much time to re-connect it? There was no answer, and the lady just smiled.. Anyway, now it has been around 40 hours since that, and my connection has NOT been activated as of yet. I have already made repeated complaints to the customer care (with complaint number XXXXXXXXX), but nothing has been done so far. Every time im told that my connection would be activated in 2 hours.

Why am i being harassed? If you didn't keep my documents safely (when i submitted them at the time of taking the connection), that is your problem not mine. And why is my connection not being activated? Why do i have to waste my time talking to customer care executives or going to hutch shops? Please activate my connection, or refund my balance on my prepaid card. I would be more than happy to switch to another service provider.

Regards,
Kalpik Nigam

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

kalpik said:
hmm.. They STILL haven't activated my number! Im gonna go to the hutch shop and fight with them today.. Wish me luck!

Edit: In the meantime, i've written the following email to the delhi/NCR nodal ofiicer:

I had the similar incident like you.They said they lost all the documents i gave. For past 1 month i been running around to hutch showroom and other branches. They say they will activate within 24hours and they did not. They kept saying please wait and they did not. Mum said to get the connection we dont have landline so the hope we have is mobile phone. Then after a month i got airtel and lost 1000 to hutch.

Airtel is not good either. I applied for free sms after a month all my message started to take money and iam wasting nearly 30 rs per month without sending any sms. If i take 350 rs plan and i get only 180 rs. This really sucks.

Anyways after my studies iam leaving india for good.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Went to the hutch shop today.. same old crap.. "we will activate it within 24 hours".. I had a friend with me.. He shouted at the customer care guy and picked him up by the collar.. And voila!! My connection was instantly activated! Now only problem is, its still not showing any caller ID. So i guess ill ask my friend to visit them tomorrow ;)

This shows: "laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahi maante" :p

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Even in Delhi the Hutch customer care no is not working I want to stop the ad smses and there was some page on their Delhi site It was mentioned in the forum too. I searched but was unable to find it. If any one knows the address please tell me.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I keep on getting SMS's from these people asking to show the documents. But, I haven't shown them any documents. My no. is working so far. If they disconnect my no. I will seriously think of moving to Airtel, it's much cheaper than Hutch, only thing is most of my friends are on Hutch.

kalpik said:
I had a friend with me.. He shouted at the customer care guy and picked him up by the collar..
Kaunsi chaaki ka aata khata hain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom