Fraudulent "service" subscription / activation discussion | | Airtel, Vodafone, Docomo, BSNL...

Sarath

iDota
Many of us face a similar situation, no matter where we live, which mobile carrier we use or how careful you are. This phenomenon unites us and makes sure every Indian in atleast one respect is treated equally.

Subscription to some odd service you never subscribed to, never knew about and would never use it for all we know.

Woke up one fine morning to find a message:
Thanks for downloading Game pack : Ben10. You've been charged Rs. 100.0/-
Thanks for downloading Valuepack : Best Of Cartoon Network 49. You've been charged Rs. 49.0/-
Thanks for subscribing to Hello Tunes. You have been charged blah blah blah!
Thanks for subscribing to Airtel Magic service. You will now magically lose money for no reason. You will lose even more money trying to call our Customer care and deactivating it, 'coz you don't even know what you are trying to unsubscribe to. Trolled!

Tiny drops make up an Ocean

Well, looks like someone is following it, charging a million people a rupee and calling it "not much" or "not significant" and making a fraudulent million bucks.

If you find youself activated on any service and do not know why, when, how and what your are subscribed to then post it here.

Mention your carrier name and also the "bogus" subscription package that you have been wrongly charged for.

For more visual effect, you can post a screen cap of the message or a summary of the "quality chat" with the customer care rep you had regarding the issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Also here is a nice guide as to how to encounter this problem

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/148016-how-give-mobile-network-complaint-effectively-get-solved.html

sygeek

Technomancer
I have the exact problem with services like BSNL, airtel and uninor. I won't be surprised if this is intentional.

Don't have the message logs although uninor did get me a refund.

utkarsh73

In the zone
Tata Docomo is worst in this type of frauds. They activated some astrology pack for me at Rs10/week and when I phone them about deactivating it, they say there is no such pack activated.
Finally I have port my number to uninor just to avoid the subscription charges.

On my other Docomo number, they activated joke pack for Rs.30pm and they keep sending the same PJ daily. when I checked about why I m receiving jokes, I found out about this package. They are just pathetic......:mad:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I think this would be useful for this thread-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/148016-how-give-mobile-network-complaint-effectively-get-solved.html

doomgiver

Warframe
that hello tunes one, it gets on your nerves.
i just had them disable every damn "airtel" whatever offer they had, told them that i didnt want to be contacted over phone under any circumstances, and to cotnact me only via landline, or email. woeked wonders :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Failtel all the time. They activate a service, mostly some games service (I have 1110 black and white phone and they say I downloaded the game using GPRS, wtf :|). Plus all this when I'm in roaming and my phone is switched off :( :facepalm: . Last targeted- today (22rs :cry: )

Although I bash them and get myself refunded, but I have to kick my a@@ to do it. They block my CC to prevent me to lodge complain. :evil:

I have a broadband complaint lying in since 4 months, and it didn't solved till date. Thinking of lodging a consumer harassment case, morons. :x

Reliance is very good in this regard.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ loooooooool. WTH. blocked CC? maybe they prefer private visits by a dashing guy ;)

though i was never charged anything like that but my dad have BSNL & is charged for caller tune he never activated.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Yeah, it all went like this-

>Service activated. Two times 10-10 rs deducted.
>then daily 1 rs deduction till my bal goes zero. :evil:
>I call CC and lodge complain. Deadline for my complain, some 3-4 days.
>More than a week passed, nothing. Now I call again CC to find it blocked! :(
>Go to airtel office, and talk to a CC. She says "Sir I don't have enough rights to refund your balance" I literally shout at her, ' refund karti hai ya nahi? :evil:", And then she does (maybe mujhse dar gayi :p)

Airtel service has really gone bad now a days.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Here's what airtel did to me:

Had my parent's seen this, I would have come off as a despo
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/screenshot_2012-02-26_1912.png
Lost some 10-20 bucks to this for a few "Actors" :x

*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/screenshot_2012-02-26_1912_1.png

then this:

I lolled at this: "Symbian on Android" :lol:
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/screenshot_2012-02-26_1911.png

and this:

wth :shock: :x
*i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/sarathmay3/screenshot_2012-02-26_1913.png

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I recommend to register in NDND registry of your operator.This will be helpful to stop pesky sms,calls and a evidence of violation by operator to get refund in case of fraud activations.As said please use email of appellate authority and nodal, they are free and very powerful instead of chargeable CC calls.

As said by someone, fb and twitter pages/handlers can also help to resolve the issue.

^Yeah, it all went like this-

>Service activated. Two times 10-10 rs deducted.
>then daily 1 rs deduction till my bal goes zero. :evil:
>I call CC and lodge complain. Deadline for my complain, some 3-4 days.
>More than a week passed, nothing. Now I call again CC to find it blocked! :(
>Go to airtel office, and talk to a CC. She says "Sir I don't have enough rights to refund your balance" I literally shout at her, ' refund karti hai ya nahi? :evil:", And then she does (maybe mujhse dar gayi :p)

Airtel service has really gone bad now a days.

Email the nodal officer.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Yeah, I'm going to do so for my broadband case. Tomorrow is the last deadline for my 50th complain I suppose, still no signs of solution:(

agyaat

Broken In
I had a similar problem due to Hutch which is now Vodafone when they kept deducting daily from my prepaid. I rang up the local manager and said I want their wrong corrected immediately. He said correction could be applied only the next day, and so it ended with n-1 days rectified. Before this, the call center guy kept accusing me of choosing to subscribe, and he cannot unsubscribe me etc.

Top Bottom