Forum Improvement Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Let them first look at the simple posting bugs. I see the advanced editor everytime i hit 'post quick reply' in threads with a foolish msg to post after some seconds(while the content is successfully posted).

martineargent

Right off the assembly line
Add this feature

When some one add new thread there should be a list appear which title matches with the title of the new thread so he can get ideas about similar thread which is already exist in forum..

Krow

Crowman
Hold it guys... Let the admins clear the backlog of suggestions to be implemented and then go for new ones.

Krow

Crowman
Okay, now this is way too much!!! :x Please fix that crappy horizontal ad asap!

*img233.imageshack.us/img233/4127/tdf.png

Krow

Crowman
^Yeah sure! If they have time to place such ads on the forum, why don't they have the time to implement some of the suggestions in this 20 page long thread??? :x

liquidsnake

Broken In
hello guys
i dont know whether it is right position or not
but what is the condition to post new threads
(my this id is years old but i used to read threads only but posting new threads is restricted & i created a new id but figured out that i cant post new posts from that id too, i ran into a little problem that i need solution of

plz help

Krow

Crowman
I think its limited by postcount. Post more in the forum until you reach 10 posts and then try. If it doesn't work, increase your postcount to 25 and try. Else, PM an admin like Anorion. He'll tell you what to do.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
These should be mentioned in FAQ of forum.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/faq.php

But sadly, its not mentioned.

ashishtabla

Broken In
Hello!

I know this may be not right place to ask but i don't know why i am not able to create any post.Getting this message
hello myself ASHISH,
I am trying to create a new post but always show me this
"ashishtabla, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How can i get ability to make post.

Next who all are the admins and how to contact them?

Please guide me.

Thanks

sshaggy

Broken In
Hi TEAM DIGIT,
I am a not so regular reader of your magazine, but I am able to catch 7-8 issues of your magazine per year. I love the magazine and I hoped to love its forum also. I joined a few months back, and didn't had much time to catch up with it. But I am back at last. I didnt wanted my first post to look like this, but I can help myself.

There is something very much wrong with your forum. It seem to give more important to advertisements than on the content. Its interface has flash based advertisements on all sides. The pages takes a lot of time to load, on my 512k broadband. I dont know how much time it takes to load at slower speed.

I know that selling the advertisement space in this forum are an absolute necessary, but it need not to be flashy. U can put static ads in place of them.

Also the forum occupies a small area compared to the whole page. It seem to be cornered by advertisements on all sides. At least remove the side advertisements and let this forum occupy some space it deserves.

I am a reputed member of another highly reputed technology forum (i think naming it will be against the rule), and I just love it simple yet advertised interface. I am attaching a screenshot of the above stated forum as an example.
*i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt175/sshaggy/Capture-1.jpg
Thats how a technology forum should look like. More importance to the content, advertisements come later.
If you need more advertisement, then advertise on your home page. It is common for many tech companies and publishers like you to have a website and a complimenting forum. But you are the only one giving such flashy ads in the forum.

Also,a single page is crammed up with 30 posts, thats way too much. Limit that to 20 or 25 maximum. No one wants to scroll that much down.

This is my first post I hope that I am not taken otherwise I intended. I am just making a point. Its just a suggestion and its up to you, consider it or flush it.

Krow

Crowman
^Read this thread, there are many suggestions yet to be implemented. :( Meanwhile, stand in queue it seems.

Aspire

Padawan
Google Chrome?????
Me 2.....................
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Also,a single page is crammed up with 30 posts, thats way too much. Limit that to 20 or 25 maximum. No one wants to scroll that much down.

You can adjust the number of posts you want on a page

Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options
Choose from 5,10,15,30,50

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom