n thats why they r posting there threads in wrong section though we r trying

our best to correct them but still i think more effort should be made from

Ur side .

also Tutorial section is getting real mess cos of these wrong thread so i think

there should be some tab on posting in this section like every thread should

be first approved by the moderator only then it should be allowed to be

posted

someone plz correct me if i am wrong
if a mod has to approve every thread then there will be 200-300 threads to be approved which will take about 1 m p\thread and about 3-5 hrs

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
PaulScholes18 said:
if a mod has to approve every thread then there will be 200-300 threads to be approved which will take about 1 m p\thread and about 3-5 hrs

i dont think so that tutorial section receives abt 200-300 threads per day

also bazaar section is following the same policy

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
1. I think whenever a member registers, he/she should be redirected to "Forum Guidelines" thread. I don't know whether its enabled atm or not.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/announcement.php?f=11&a=1

2. There should be a link to "Forum Guidelines" at top menubar, where UserCP, FAQ, etc. links are present.

3. When a member opens "Software Troubleshooting" section, he/she should be redirected to "Frequently Asked Problems with Solutions" thread:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61413

4. When a member opens "QnA" section, he/she should be redirected to "Common Topics Covered / Frequently Discussed Topics" thread:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18523

This thread currently in "Chit Chat" section, IMO it should be moved to "QnA" section.

5. Moderators approval for each tutorial is not a good idea IMO. :)

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Vishal Gupta said:
1. I think whenever a member registers, he/she should be redirected to "Forum Guidelines" thread. I don't know whether its enabled atm or not.

2. There should be a link to "Forum Guidelines" at top menubar, where UserCP, FAQ, etc. links are present.

3. When a member opens "Software Troubleshooting" section, he/she should be redirected to "Frequently Asked Problems with Solutions" thread:

4. When a member opens "QnA" section, he/she should be redirected to "Common Topics Covered / Frequently Discussed Topics" thread:

This thread currently in "Chit Chat" section, IMO it should be moved to "QnA" section.

In addition to that, an automated introductory PM can also be sent to every new member, as soon as they register, with a few important links regarding the various rules. (Can't remember if this is already in practice or not.)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm... IMHO people never read EULA and TnC of the softwares they install .. same is the case with forums .. People never read the rules .. But once you tell the member what he is doing wrong, he'll learn it for future ..

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ You said it right. I learned it the same way. Ive never read any forum rules:D

And what VG suggested would be a bit buggy. Like the points 3 and 4, who can handle the frustration of being redirected to a FAQ page everytime (s)he opens the s/w troubleshooting and/or other sections??

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
^^ exactly....

Just think that VG is directed to FAQ pages as soon as he enters to "Q&A Section" :D

satyamy

Alive Again...
Vishal Gupta said:

yes
agreed

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

it_waaznt_me said:
once you tell the member what he is doing wrong, he'll learn it for future ..

i m bit confused kaustav_geek has given me following advice :

kaustav_geek :saurabh dude~ If its the wrong section.... Mods will shift it .... Don't you bother....Just help that Guy out.......I saw you posting a similar message in another thread~ *roll*

plz tell me should i advice the new members or should i leave this for

moderator and be a spectator of such mess.

all the advice given above r good but still i m of the view that tutorial

section should follow the policy like that of bazaar section where each thread

has to be approved by moderator

u can also increase moderators for keeping tab on threads

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Vishal Gupta said:

Well VG bhai, I dont agree with some points.
1.) Agree.
2.) Agree.
3.) Not agree. It will cause confusion. and imagin urself everytime going through FAQ thread prior to cisiting S/T section. It will be irretating.
4.) Not agree. Reason same as above.
5.) Agree.
+
I think its time Digit admins should add a new Moderator in team. One who can stay online for a lng time.

praka123

left this forum longback
a sample forum running on Vb is ubuntuforums.org .check their ways!clean.for spammers,there is a section where spams and non-appropriate contents are moved called Jail!. :D
spare us on avatar size.ppl like to show good animated avatars.
upgrade to latest Vb if it not hurts the db

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
To clear my 3rd and 4th points:

My idea was to show a dialog box (like one which u see while logging into forum) having link to "FAQ" threads and having 2 buttons "Yes" and "No".

Have you read "Frequently Asked Problems"?

[YES] [NO]

If you click on [YES] then u'll be redirected to the appropriate section otherwise u'll be redirected to the FAQ thread. :)

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
it_waaznt_me said:
But once you tell the member what he is doing wrong, he'll learn it for future ..

Yes, quite a few people have learnt quite a lot on this forum. They've been disciplined to such an extent that they analyze, contemplate and understand a situation before they react. The strategy does work then.

No sarcasm, really.

Last edited:
OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

mail2and said:
Yes, quite a few people have learnt on this forum, haven't they?

plz pay attention to my Q which is

i m bit confused kaustav_geek has given me following advice :

kaustav_geek :saurabh dude~ If its the wrong section.... Mods will shift it .... Don't you bother....Just help that Guy out.......I saw you posting a similar message in another thread~ *roll*

plz tell me should i advice the new members or should i leave this for

moderator and be a spectator of such mess.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Me being one of them .. :p

@Saurabh : You dont have to bug a guy again and again .. If you have something relevant to the thread the guy has created , you write it .. And let him know that he's posting in wrong section or whatever thing he overlooked ..

Blah... I am bored ..

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
@saurabh kakkar

It's too hard... really....

I've made same topic some days before. But u can see what replies I've got & NONE of admins or mods replied there :-(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hey if the thread is the in the wrong section ... report it and let it be .... the mods will move it and i would suggest the moderators to send a pm to the member telling him that the section wrong

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

shirish_nagar said:
@saurabh kakkar

It's too hard... really....

I've made same topic some days before. But u can see what replies I've got & NONE of admins or mods replied there :-(

i totally agree with u buddy but i think someone has to initiate ..........

if Forum Administrators r not really interested then i can bet u on it that

after sometime this forum will be complete mess

well if forum administrator will not pay attention to this thread then

i will send a pm to FatBeing

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
saurabh kakkar said:
i totally agree with u buddy but i think someone has to initiate ..........

if Forum Administrators r not really interested then i can bet u on it that

after sometime this forum will be complete mess

well if forum administrator will not pay attention to this thread then

i will send a pm to FatBeing

The only thing bcoz of which still I'm on this forum was that I've learnt a lot from this forum. Thats why I made that thread to tell admins & mods.
But as NONE of admins or mods replied there (interestingly the name of thread was "Admins plz pay attension here"), I'm thinking that whether mods are watching/reading the forum or not ??

Last thing I can say is, If u want some change in this forum then surely THIS IS THE TIME TO CHANGE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom