FORTUNE's 25 most powerful people in business

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
POWER 25
25 most powerful people in business

Some are empire builders. Others are hired guns. But if they truly have world-class oomph, they're on Fortune's subjective - yet really quite accurate - list of the most powerful businesspeople in the world.

Power: A cooling trend
They don't make powermongers like they used to. The new breed of heavy hitters wields attraction rather than coercion. (More)

1. Steve Jobs

Chairman and CEO, Apple

*i.cnn.net/money/galleries/2007/fortune/0711/gallery.power_25.fortune/images/steve_jobs_power.gi.jpg​

During the first two decades of his remarkable 30-year career, the Apple Inc. founder twice altered the direction of the computer industry. In 1977 the Apple II kicked off the PC era, and the graphical user interface launched by Macintosh in 1984 has been aped by every other computer since. Along the way Jobs conceived of "desktop publishing," gave the world the laser printer, and pioneered personal computer networks. As a side gig he bankrolled Pixar, which fostered the development of the technology and a brand-new business model for creating computer-animated feature films.

Since returning to Apple in 1997, he has changed the dynamics of consumer electronics with the iPod, and persuaded the music industry, the television networks, and Hollywood to distribute their wares with the iTunes Music Store. With his hugely successful Apple Stores, he gave the big-box boys a lesson in high-margin, high-touch retailing. And this year, at the height of his creative and promotional powers, Jobs orchestrated Apple's entry into the cellular telephone business with the iPhone.

That's five industries that Jobs has upended - computers, Hollywood, music, retailing, and wireless phones. At this moment, no one has more influence over a broader swath of business than Jobs.
--Brent Schlender

Read more...

The power of Steve Jobs
The charismatic Apple founder pioneered several industries, made an unrivaled comeback, and established a powerhouse brand, placing him at the top of Fortune's 2007 Power 25 list. (More)

[Via FORTUNE]

This is the full list, in the correct order:
01. Steve Jobs
02. Rupert Murdoch
03. Lloyd Blankfein
04. Eric Schmidt, Larry Page, and Sergei Brin
05. Warren Buffett
06. Rex Tillerson
07. Bill Gates
08. Jeff Immelt
09. Katsuaki Watanabe
10. A.G. Lafley
11. John Chambers
12. Li Ka-shing
13. Lee Scott
14. Lakshmi Mittal
15. Jamie Dimon
16. Mark Hurd
17. James McNerney
18. Marius Kloppers
19. Steve Schwarzman
20. Carlos Slim
21. Steve Feinberg
22. Indra Nooyi
23. Ratan Tata
24. Bob Iger
25. Bernard Arnault

I'm glad to see three Indians among the twenty five most powerful businesspeople in the world. :D

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
i knew this was coming.I read it in today's times of India.Nice to see three Indians in the top 25.

edit:isn't nooyi(pepsico.) in there?I thought she was the most powerful female in Business.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
^^ Being an Indian by Birth and living in India are totally different things mate.
Indra Nooyi is there @ #22 :|

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
aryayush said:
I'm glad to see three Indians among the twenty five most powerful businesspeople in the world. :D
NO!!!! u r GLAD TO SEE STEVE JOBS ON THE TOP

any how were r the AMBANIS bros???

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
fun2sh said:
NO!!!! u r GLAD TO SEE STEVE JOBS ON THE TOP

any how were r the AMBANIS bros???

Shouting ? :eek: :-o

He may be glad to see steve up there, but that certainly doesn't mean that he isn't feeling the same for the 3 Indians. Your "NO!!!!"didn't make any sense :rolleyes:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
I'm happy to see Gates at 7th position coz.. 7 itself is a powerful number.. 7 Oceans, 7 Continents, 7 Wonders, 7 Days in a Week etc...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom