formatting and installing OS

rajiv.ganti

Broken In
NEED HELP!!!
I have windows7(64-bit) installed in my system. I want to install winXP also for some purpose.
as im having a latest version already installed, my system is not accepting to install XP when i boot from the CD.
I thought of booting from win7 CD and format harddisk. But its not booting from that win7 cd also.
what should i do now to format my whole system and install both XP, and win7 again?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
NEED HELP!!!
I have windows7(64-bit) installed in my system. I want to install winXP also for some purpose.
as im having a latest version already installed, my system is not accepting to install XP when i boot from the CD.
I thought of booting from win7 CD and format harddisk. But its not booting from that win7 cd also.
what should i do now to format my whole system and install both XP, and win7 again?

Installing XP after Win7 is not recommended...Install XP first & then Win7.
but u can install XP after win 7..
but u need to modify the bootloader for it.to make the system dual boot

did u selected the boot option from BIOS as CD?

OP
R

rajiv.ganti

Broken In
my desktop is configured with 2nd gen core i3 and intel 64 series new chipset.
But this is not supporting wondows xp at all even when i installed it.
I formatted my win7 completely, and i installed win xp. it is showing till "loading windows xp" and restarting again.
does this 2nd gen processor doesnt support XP????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. surely it supports.

check the disc for scratches. maybe some file went missing during installation.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
@ rajiv i think u need to slipstream achi/raid drivers in ur xp cd or set the sata mode to IDE from ACHI

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think OP should slipstream Xp SP3 in the installation CD - saw someone facing this kind of issue when he tried plain Xp install CD without any SP slipstreamed ;-)

Technopond

Right off the assembly line
my desktop is configured with 2nd gen core i3 and intel 64 series new chipset.
But this is not supporting wondows xp at all even when i installed it.
I formatted my win7 completely, and i installed win xp. it is showing till "loading windows xp" and restarting again.
does this 2nd gen processor doesnt support XP????
Similar here. I can't even proceed with Windows XP installation. This laptop has CORE i5, HM55 chipset...dunno why....though I don't need that outdated XP, but I was just trying to see if it was possible...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ like I asked before - is it a plain Xp install disc or there's some Service Pack slipstreamed into it ?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
use nlite to slipstream the SP3 along with the ACHI/RAID drivers for the intel chipset i think slipstreming sp3 alone will not solve the problem here u can find nlite here

nLite - Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows installation

Gauravs90

geek........
Here is the tutorial...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tutorials...ery-disc-installation-disk-xp-sp1-xp-sp2.html

Top Bottom