formating hard disk keeping all the installed programmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybertooth

Broken In
I have xp home , the problem is that i need to reformat my hard disk and I have a couple of programmes installed which I had got from friends and don't have their backup setup files. can somebody tell me a way in which I can reinstall xp without loosing those programmes i.e these programmes remain installed.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
R the setup files in ur directory in which windows is located? if it is then 4 get it and If in some other drive instead of doing a fresh install of xp do a reinstall..(u will get that option during the xp-installation)

Anand_RF

Journeyman
Yes what he said. Choose repair option. But it MIGHT not be able to solve the problem because of which you're reformatting, there is a small chance the problem can continue. The best thing you can do is to download the setup file of the 2 programs you need.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I don't know why you want to format your HDD. If it is due to virus, better forget your programmes. But if not, use Acronis True Image and make an image of your drive containing the OS and other programmes. Then format and using the Acronis Boot CD, restore that image. This is the simplest and fast way bringing your PC to its pristine glory without having to go through all the hassles of installing drivers, searching and putting in different cd's for installing different programmes, etc.

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
@rama
then wats the point in formatting???probably he has a system problem...or may be he feels his installation is become dirty.....i think he is askin whether u can back up just the installed program folder and still make its work...
well if that is the case then,some small prog do work...but the once which depend on registry then they 'might' not work...best is try repair!!!

k_blues24

Journeyman
First creat the restore point then Back-up the desired (all drives) drive ( so all reg. entries will be safely copied )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom