For sub4k, which Headphones/Earphones/Headsets r the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I'm planning to buy a headphone/earphone/headset for dual usage.. both my N95 8GB & my laptop.

Price within 4k.... the more optimum price/performance the better.

Noise cancellation, great performance.. bass, highs, lows clarity... longer cord(as in case of laptop)... matter. A headset is preferable if I get one in the same price range and of superb clarity.

What are my options... which is the best?

One of the good ones I came across is the Creative Aurvana In-ear Earphones. Heard Shure & Sennheiser are great too... But I need sub4K ones.. What is my best option?

EP630 (Creative's)... is it really the best sub-1.2k earphone.... i would go for it only if u dont get equally good ones within 1.5k. An option... though.

Please dont refer links.. I need user options... and straight & forward results.. already webbed myself.

And... yup... where can I get it in B'lore?

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Ep630 is 850 now.
Try the Sennheiser CX300.
Shures are good too but not available in India.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Shure's are available in India, but are expensive. Their sound quality is among the best though.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
But... then.... comfort comes... also.. in headsets... i can talk.... better fpr phones & lappies.... earphones are best for music players.. right... I need to receive calls too :D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Dude get a bluetooth stereo headset. It'll work with both your phone and your laptop (provided your laptop has bluetooth). Get a Sony Ericsson HBH DS970. It costs around 3.5k and sounds great.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Get Sony EX monitoring in-ear headphones. starts at 1k and goes on to some 5k.

Yesterday, I bought MDR-EX32LP for 1090rs. at sony world after using EP-630 for around 7 months.

ex32lp is much much better than EP-630 when it comes to balanced sound with clear (very very clear) vocals and mids but EP-630 gives higher bass and is some 300 less

But for you, I suggest you get EX90LP. This one has huge 13.5mm driver compared to 9mm driver in EP-630 and EX32lp. It's one heck of an earphone but price is around 5k.

My EP-630 died suddenly after some 8 months of usage. The right bud stopped working. For a change, I tried the MDR-EX32LP and am pretty satisfied.

But, If you have never used an in-ear headphones before, better check how they fit on your ear. There are some people, for whom any in-ear headphone doesn't fit and there are some in-ear headphones that doesn't fit anyone's ear (like apple's in-ear headphones).

One huge advantage of EX90LP is it's powerful bass. This set delivers very tight bass at no distortion.

Also consider EX85LP for 3k. These are also high quality, stylish looking in-ear headphones with 13.5mm huge driver.

Last edited:
OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I feel that the Sennheiser CX400 are better than the Sony MDR-EX90LP. Cost/Quality wise.
And what about the V-Moda Bass Freq earphones?

Prices... suppliers... user opinions on the three... and probable competetors... needed. PLEASE.

Sennheiser CX400 has a 1+.3 long cable.. extended... coated with rubber for durability & not tangling.... right? What about the other two?

Heard the MDR EX90LP doesn't fit properly!?

I used Sony's HM...70 in-ear phones earlier.. with my W800i.. they were good... but I expect these earphones to be much better.... considering the premium I've to pay for them.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
the fit of in-ear is subjective. For me, luckily any in-ear headphone fits perfectly (except apple in-ear). If you are a pure bass lover, then nothing beats V-Moda Bass Freq earphones.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Other day I bought One Equation Audio RP-21 for $80. They sell for $100 but I got best offer on ebay for $80. Sounds amazing. I'm burning it now..

I've also bought a KOSS KSC75 two weeks back for $14. Believe me, they kiss some of the $100 pieces and EP630 too. If you can find these babies in india, try em out. You can also go for grado sr60/80, Sennheiser PX 100, JVC JVC HPNC250.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
aurvana is pretty gud, but i don't think u shud go for them when sennheisers are available in the same price range...

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Too many people are spending too much money on headphones these days. As far as people's opinion goes, creative aurvana is as good as the bose intra-ear for 1000 bucks less. go for them if mic is not important.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Try this one which GX bought bout a month ago for 3700/-
Philips HiFi SHP8900 headphones

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=778996&postcount=102

from this thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81885&page=1

tekken

Higher to the Zenith!!
I think the Sony EX32LP are the best provided u cud save on some nice bucks. I have used them and be assured that they will not dissapoint u.
With frequency range of 6 to 23000 Hz these are the best headphones for quality music. But provided your range Aurvana would be the best bet.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
What about these headsets:
1.Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
*images.americas.creative.com/images/products/large/16337.png

& 2.Logitech Premium Notebook Headset
*www.logitech.com/repository/254/jpg/1672.1.0.jpg

But both are not cordless... I think the Fatal1ty scores better among the two... what say, guyz?

What about the Creative Fatal1ty Professional Series Gaming Headset? R they available in Bangalore? Wher can I get 'em?

What about the Creative SL3100 and SE2300 bluetooth headsets? Cost... Which one's better?
The 2300 looks kool (5700/-) *www.tech2.com/media/images/img_2942_hrise_se2300.jpg

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
<thread hijack>Does anybody here know the price of V-Moda Bass Freq in Mumbai?<thread hijack>

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Nice to see some-one spending some cash to get some good SQ!!

First off, my recommendation is the Sennheiser PX100. If you know where to look, it's pretty cheap at 2k. It's a great warm phone, with a non-fatiguing sound. I know this automatically suggests a bit of a highs roll-off, but its minimal. Combine that with the comfort of use and you have something that you can wear for hours at end.

Now the only disadvantage is that it is open, allowing sound to "leak". This may seem like a disadvantage, but in fact, any audiophile will tell you that an open headphone sounds a lot better that a closed one, because there's no reverb. It's a lot more airy, and even increases the soundstage. Apart from that, the positioning is not at all critical for the deep satisfying Bass it provides.

Moving on, avoid Bose like the plague. They make good products, but they are waaay overpriced. Don't waste your cash on the CX300. Its almost equivalent to the EP-630.

If you need an in-ear, Sony EX90LP. No contest. Best you will get in India.

For the price the EP-630 is very nice, but ignoring the price point, it kinda sucks. The Bass is bloaty, mids are hopelessly overpowered and treble is harsh to me. And it is totally, absolutely muddy and veiled.

<thread hijack>Does anybody here know the price of V-Moda Bass Freq in Mumbai?<thread hijack>

You're not going to get that locally. Import it. Costs 45$ including shipping, but you're going to have to pay duty, which should increase the cost quite a bit.

I know you probably are asking after reading the cNet review, but for 40$, you can get the PX100 from some online stores. That totally pwns the V-moda. Great Bass, but sans overpowering and bloating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom