for how much i can keep my pc on?

guys i have got an unlimited net.
so for downloading i need to keep my pc on for long time?
so is thr any harm in doing so?what is the limit to keep my pc on in a stretch?
are thr any precautions i need to take?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
None. As long as it does not ask for a restart (after a patch), leave it on till it dies....!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
but if your hard disk dies then you lost the data. So always have backup.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
FOr past one year i keep my system for Hardcore gaming , Overclocking , Downloading , HTPC , etc... I have 2 MBPS unlimited so think its 24/7 X 12 :)

SO need for worries !

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I have PC on for about 12-13 hours (7 hours for business purpose, 3 hours movie watching and music and 2-3 hours of net surfing) per day if I don't game, otherwise it's almost 18 hours and I am doing all this for last 3 years and 9 months. Not a single problem. I also have 2 mbps Unlimited, so there is no question of not using it.
BTW- I can't remember when the last time I turned off my Router, if PC is off, Mobile comes in to the purpose. LOL

Scott274

Broken In
Everything needs some rest. Unless your work requires a computer, 2-4 hours daily won't be bad w.r.t the wear and tear of your PC. Not to mention your electric bill will also come less (read about commercial/home electric charging rates usually employed by electric companies). Long hours on the PC can be very stressful to your eyes and mind too, but we usually don't care about such little thing until they start failing.

Everything needs some rest.

i disagree...

go with the truth = "till it dies" as asingh correctly stated

a system on factory setting and normal ventilation can stay on for years

see this:
*img80.imageshack.us/img80/6791/uptimek.jpg

my longest uptime is nearly 11 months (not joking)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@imrocking_since92: if have heavy pocket for electricity bill...then u can keep it on...24/7

i have myself used it for max12 hrs......& when parents r out of station then its
on...............till they come......

abirthedevil

In the zone
like karan says if you have deep pockets for electricity bills my dad's always moaning why my rooms bill is more than the rest of the house's combined bill

Top Bottom