Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Sidebar+Screenlet+(Vista'ish+look)?content=63172

Is there any side bar for Ubuntu/Linux See in 2nd and 3d previews :eek:

rocket357

Security freak
Shashwat Pant said:
How to make my FB look like this ?
Aww, I'm flattered...

That's a FreeBSD machine, not a Linux machine (not that it matters, but it makes the procedure a bit different). What distro did you install Fluxbox on?

Basically, you'll need to install the Fluxbox themes that you want: *fluxbox.sourceforge.net/themes.php

Pick a theme based on the menu and the taskbar looks...forget about the background...Pick a theme and then find a cool wallpaper (that particular one is from digitalblasphemy in the free section...). Then run:

Code:
user@host ~ $ fbsetbg /path/to/wallpaper
If fbsetbg gripes about a missing root wallpaper setter (it's a wrapper, AFAIK), then install ETerm, which includes a root wallpaper setter that's compatible with fbsetbg. Unless you enjoy opening a term to set your wallpaper each time you start FB, I'd suggest adding the fbsetbg line to your ~/.fluxbox/startup file. Install conky, and either snag someone else's or write your own .conkyrc (I have one posted around here somewhere...I forget which thread), and save it in your home. Add "conky &" (no quotes) to the end of your ~/.fluxbox/startup file (at the end just before the exec command). Install adesklets/gdesklets/idesk/whatever other eye candy you need.

Post if you need more specific steps.

Edit - The term is aterm. If you start it with "aterm -tr" it'll be transparent (and if you use "aterm -tr -tint <pick a color>", you'll get a transparent term with a tinted background. Pretty cool stuff...I just toy around with it til I get it looking right, then I modify ~/.fluxbox/menu to include my settings (beware of running fluxbox_generate-menu! It'll overwrite custom stuff in your menu!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom