Flipkart's trials: Myntra Sales dip 10% in app-only mode

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I also created a thread regarding myntra's app only shopping on the very first day of transformation.
*www.digit.in/forum/chit-chat/191430-install-our-app.html

I was hesitant atfirst but it felt good afterwards and placed two orders.Also there were some in app game which will enable s to score some products for free.I guess we need some more time to evaluate.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is it too much of a drain of resources.

No, its not. Since the backend system (databases, web services, APIs et al) is common for both the website and the app. This is also where most of the maintenance occurs. Besides this, the website and the apps mostly need changes in design but not anything else other than that. Expenses for both is more or less the same. In fact apps could be more expensive since you need to port the app across different platforms which have different architectures while the website is more or less the same across all platforms.

It could be that they are sustaining losses and want to get rid of the website team, which is why they are moving to apps only. That or they want to bring their services closer to the customers than their competitors so that people would prefer to use the app than go on the web, where they risk customers going to their competitors who might offer lesser prices, etc.

In business, everyone cares about profits. No one cares about convenience.

- - - Updated - - -

I also created a thread regarding myntra's app only shopping on the very first day of transformation.
*www.digit.in/forum/chit-chat/191430-install-our-app.html

I was hesitant atfirst but it felt good afterwards and placed two orders.Also there were some in app game which will enable s to score some products for free.I guess we need some more time to evaluate.

Seems like a gimmick to get more customers hooked.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
I don't have even myntra app on my phone or tablet ...rarely I shop from app , Only used for recharging if there is some cashback .web version works best for me

OP
swatkats

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
Myntrality mocks myntra

*i.imgur.com/lZpPCOA.jpg

Link:
Clothing for Men | Buy Clothing for Men Online

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Damn good website. Gives product code to search from within the app.
If FK moves to this model that would be the way I would like to shop on FK.

And then put up a 1 rating saying, "FK App sucks", I had to use a 3rd party website.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Myntra sales dip 10% in app-only mode, rivals Amazon, Snapdeal, eBay to play safe for now

hmm. as in, no 'distraction' for potential customers towards their competition by way of shopping through an app? these e-tailers are anyway not known for fairplay, but if they change the mode to 'app only', perhaps they are bound to suffer a setback, like myntra; taking the very much price-conscious (Indian) netizens/e-customers for fools.

I agree with you. If FK wants to make them as APP only then let it be. This only bring their downfall [ provided others don't follow the trend ].

Top Bottom