First look on Antilles or 6990. Its humongous

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Guys take a look at amd's upcoming dual gpu flagship. Its bigger than amd vp's head.:mrgreen:

*i53.tinypic.com/2ppn52b.jpg

Check HERE for more details.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
its HUUUGGGGEEEEEE! :razz: and its price is tooooo HUUUGGGEEE!!

BTW something good from wiki. 595 is set to release in Q1 and so does 550.
GeForce 500 Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

some more 595 -

CES 2011: EVGA reveals Nvidia's GeForce GTX 595, dual-GPU Fermi-based graphics card | ZDNet
HEXUS.net - News :: NVIDIA's dual-GPU GeForce GTX 595 poses for the camera : Page - 1/1

this is going to be interesting :razz:

Last edited:

mohiuddin

Journeyman
That evga one is of their own design, most probably dual 560gtx,to give more performance than single 580gtx ,in almost same price and allow to use 3monitor surround 3d with a single card.we can't tell it gtx 595 or gtx 590

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
That evga one is of their own design, most probably dual 560gtx,to give more performance than single 580gtx ,in almost same price and allow to use 3monitor surround 3d with a single card.we can't tell it gtx 595 or gtx 590

That evga card is most probably a gtx 595 board based on two gf 110 die with a custom cooler. Evga doesn't make custom cards like asus ares so must be an nvidia reference.

There is no gtx 590 in the cards , atleast not for now. But 595 will see release in Q1 2011 , most probably at the same time as antilles.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
YouTube - AMD ATI HD 6990 8Go OC concept update

ultimate!!

YouTube - ASUS HD 6990

awesome things.

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well buddy, they are for a different breed of users. These guys will already have a more than decent system and enough disposable income. I don't see any other reason of not buying these beauties. If you can purchase a 6990 or gtx 595 without breaking the bank, then go for them eyes closed. Thats my opinion. These cards don't speak the value language.

rchi84

In the zone
I used to think that way, till Nvidia released the 8800GT. Since then, we've always had the current mainstream card match up, if not outpace, the previous gen leader in performance. The 570 can easily go toe to toe with the 480. Amd just abandoned that approach and releases two of their fastest single cards on a die nowadays, as their fastest card. Something for which they get a lot of flak, but which makes sense, business wise.

Today, you can buy an 8800 Ultra for a tenth of the original price, just 3 years later.. I think the mid range and lower upper range cards are the better option always.

Top Bottom