First Hands on nokia N97 | India

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@Rahul

I must say that v12 on the 97 has brought in massive improvements in the fone making it more robust and snappier...as far as the memory out situation ure talking about...fortunately havent faced a similar issue even when i run the Web browser, music player, best handyman and smarlight together...so no problems on the RAM FRONT...:oops:

As far as removing some pre installed apps is concerned, why dont u hack ure device to take total control over the OS? I mean i could remove some stock apps from my N95 8gb...the N97 has the same folder system if u see thru x-plore...also do check out thesymbianblog.com for a post on "how to increase space in C: drive on the N97"

Cheers!

@ Meryl
Download 80 Themes Pack For Nokia N97
*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1152/fc3a9ff9fbef48848c0c7ac04f1411c8.jpg

Click Here To Download 80 Themes For N97

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1152/7f479ba679a14bfaa405e527e0c788d1.jpg

varunjain852

Right off the assembly line
I tried to use Nokia maps and I got the message that the long awaited upgrades for the app were finally ready for download; but when I tried to download it and install it on my N97 I got the message that there wasn't enough memory available for the installation.
I tried to move everything possible from "Phone memory " to "mass storage" until there was basically nothing left , but still the space available in Phone Memory was not enough.
I looked everywhere for the option to install the updates on Mass Storage instead of Phone Memory, but this option is not available, because apparently maps and its updates must be on Phone Memory. is there anyone who can suggest a way around this problem?

meryl

Broken In
I am Playing Ngage on n97 its Nice to play with D-pad...and shooting with delete key...nice to perform i capture a video and want to share with you guy's.....Pls appriciate if you like....

[youtube]-zPtpg_rOYw[/youtube]

kwimp

Broken In
@meryl
Nice Video update and i tried this with the help of D-Pad....I heared about Firmware version the phone was rushed to the market with many firmware problems, but now with firmware v12 and the upcoming v20, its matured into a decent phone.
I had the N95, and I like the N97 twice as much.
The N95 felt plasticy and cheap, the N97 feels solid and quality.
The lens issue can be fixed by modding it yourself.

shivendershrma

i heard something strange abt the n97 . apparently the exp on the white one is better than the black??

any one any clue abt this??

Apparently there's a new v20 firmware coming out for the N97 which is supposed to fix several problems, and bring a whole bunch of improvements like kinetic scrolling everywhere. I found a video here that you guys can check out to see it in action.

shaunmarl

an early demo on v20 firmware upgrade on n97 by nokia blog

[youtube]c_iajkv2YE8[/youtube]

the phone def looks much faster, especially kinetic scrolling looks neat :razz:
the firmware shud be avlbl in october .. what;s floating arnd on blogs on change log is ..
kinetic scrolling
Improved QWERTY typing experince with displaying alternative character when a key is pressed and held
New facelife Music player
Complete new widgets with CNN, MySpace, ESPN and etc.
Support VoIP
New version of Ovi Maps
Better memory handling with increased new memory allocation :razz:

sdmaverick

Journeyman
Yeah guys! Kinetic Scrolling on the N97 is a much needed feature that nokia has added :p Much faster and smoother scrolling like the iphone!!!

Cheers!

meryl

Broken In
guy's i just download some cool apps for N97 but that's are paid i need some good and free apps and games if any one knows pls share....

meryl

Broken In
@ sdmaverick
Thanks For Information i just download a nice game called checkers... Its Nice game looks like chess game here i want to share some images for more clearity...

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1243/8231037706184aeab6f7a988e0820dea.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1243/7894d0d786314383b3d16bef36ab6b28.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1243/5fb1413ac5654a58958ea94a3b3d4456.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1243/b9ea9af671684f1cafebfdd7373ab524.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1243/6cb86ab2b72a4561a601b88b2f462a6d.jpg

Top Bottom