Firmware Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsc

Broken In
Firmware upgrade for Nokia 6630 available in India.i heard latest firmware released for N6630 let me how to do it.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You can check it at Nokia Care shop. They will do the upgrade free if your phone is still in warrany period.

Gaurav

In the zone
what actually happens after upgrading the firmware of your mobile..... where it is done. can it be done from home..?

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Gaurav said:
what actually happens after upgrading the firmware of your mobile..... where it is done.
Every feature is same after upgrade .. new firmware is done for better support n working of the cellphone
Gaurav said:
can it be done from home..?
With 99.9% certainty that after that you can throw you phone in dustbin.
firmware update require seperate hardware ..why spend wen it can be done for free at any Nokia Care Centre

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Hey mobilegeek Please be more specific. Can you tell me where is Nokia Care Centre in Kolkata. I wanna inquire and if possible get it upgraded.

But whats the advantage of upgrading????

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
buddy firmware upgrade means bug fixes ur fone is more smooth

and no it cannot be done at home u need the cable (not the data cable) its like a matchbox plugged in ur battery and somethin is done and voila its done ur fone is upgraded

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
maharajadhiraj

u got a new phone .. u are askin.. for firmware upgrade
IS THERE ANY PROBLEM IN YOUR CELL ??
FIRMWARE is reinstalled if .. there is a problem & a bug is fixed.. not otherwise.
its like drivers...u dont need one evryday & newupdates are rare

&

Press *#0000# to know the software version of your phone
u dont need to worry .. it should be something 5.03.xx

mine is 4.03 & its working fine

Last edited:

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
I am not sayin that .. but people take it as something ki .. it will add some new software or feature to phone .. thats not the case.
in his case he got a new phone .. if its working fine there is no need for that. isnt it.
I get my ph updated .. only If i get time .. which will not be soon.

Last edited:

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
And yes ...

The latest version of 6630 is 6.03.08, but I dont think its available here.. they are lazy .. If anyone got post here.

b4n

Gaurav

In the zone
OK OK that was just a question man. one more thing will all my data be lost if i upgrade my firmware through nokia care. or it can be backed up and restored easily.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Phone memory will be deleted ..
MMC will be safe .. they will give u the mmc
Yes you can take the back up ..
1st .. go to contacts>options>copy to mmc
2nd .. inbox ..> options>other>memory in use>mmc
And 3rd .. Go to Organiser>MemoryCard>options>Back up phone memory

You are done :D

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
yes dude but when u reset the fone memory all apps installed in ur mmc are useless i installed profiexplorer(cracked) on my qd

then pressed *#7370#
then when i opened the profiexlorer it restarted my fone

"in short a home made virus 4 ur cell"

popper1987

Broken In
No Offence To Above Moble Geeks .if You Dont Know What Is Firmware Then Dont Speak About It.
Firmware-it A Virtual Host Environment Used On Series (60,70,90....)
And Many Symbian Based Cell Phones

It Can Be Easily Upgraded By Using Just Your Data Cable ,and A Software Named Phoneix(with The Mobile Firmare ) Which Can Be Easily Fetched Online

amol48

Searching...
@ montsa007

Firmware can DEFINATELY be upgraded at home... i had moto E398 and i had upgraded it firmware at home only .. and it does not need separate hardware jus a USB cable, some software and the firmware ... Thats all !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom