Firefox Vs Internet explorer-truths revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamyang312

Journeyman
It seems that what is,isn't.Firefox,the open source browser developed by the mozzila foundation,was always reckoned to have less security pressures than internet explorer.But that's perhaps a myth.Mozzila browsers are potentially more vulnerable to attack than IE according to a report by symnatec.
According to the report vendors confirmed 25 browser vulnerabilities in Firefox as opposed to 13 of that of IE.Firefox had more severe vulnerabilities than IE.Since the release of firefox,Mozzila has been tom-tomming how its browser was "fundamentally more secure than IE".
So which is better??
This is left for u to choose. :twisted:
note:i am not on anyone's side since i use opera. 8)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Can you point me where you got this from. BTW i'm an opera fan too. Using it as my default browser since I first used it 1.5 years ago.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
If it is not obvious to you, Firefox is still fundamentally better, I think you are referring to a controversial news about hand picked 'Firefox' vulnerabilities.

The news didn't compare anything about the ammount of actual dangerous 'IE vulnerabilities' in the same period. Just to let you know IE still have more vulnerabilities which are not yet fixed. Dont trust every thing you reading in your friendly neighbour hood computer magazines either.

They have a tendency to get biased towards their commercial interests.

*secunia.com/product/11/
*secunia.com/product/4227/

Think and observe what could be more 'fundamentally worst secure than 'ActiveX' controls ??

anandk

Distinguished Member
ya ! dscsd here in detail
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29032&highlight=honeymoon

praka123

left this forum longback
Nyways now cant leave FF kinda addicted by adblock..umpteen extensions,themes(eg noia..) ;)

Satissh S

Youngling
jamyang312 said:
It seems that what is,isn't.Firefox,the open source browser developed by the mozzila foundation,was always reckoned to have less security pressures than internet explorer.But that's perhaps a myth.Mozzila browsers are potentially more vulnerable to attack than IE according to a report by symnatec.
According to the report vendors confirmed 25 browser vulnerabilities in Firefox as opposed to 13 of that of IE.Firefox had more severe vulnerabilities than IE.Since the release of firefox,Mozzila has been tom-tomming how its browser was "fundamentally more secure than IE".
So which is better??
This is left for u to choose. :twisted:
note:i am not on anyone's side since i use opera. 8)
Uh!! Big Deal!! I use Linux!! and only linux. The vulnerabilities are mainly dependent on the OS, isn't it? I've been using ff and i can tell you it's way secure than I*E. Anyways i don't mind even running links2 :wink: from terminal.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
prakash kerala said:
Nyways now cant leave FF kinda addicted by adblock..umpteen extensions,themes(eg noia..) ;)

Thats the main reason I use FireFox other than security there a lot of extensions that you can install .

OP
jamyang312

jamyang312

Journeyman
Hey guys,
why don't u just try out opera!!it rocks totally!!!!
once u try it u will feel like dumping firefox!!

Swap

Broken In
Ok, I am sure this topic has been discussed a lot before as Srijit said. But I am new here so can't resist to add my view to this.

Leaving out all other aspects, I being a professional open source programmer point out the main advantage of Mozilla FireFox. Mozilla is open source, and hence many programmers work on it making it better each day and removing the bugs immediately.

Extensions in firefox is a fine example to explain this clearly. Any one, literally anyone can contribute to make firefox better. I understand that Opera is known to be the fastest browser especially after they brought out the no-ads free version, but this main aspect of FF puts it well above it competitors.

anandk

Distinguished Member
"Internet Explorer finally receives an overhaul that helps it match its rivals' features--but Firefox and Opera aren't standing still...."

check this link *www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,123615,tk,cx112905a,00.asp

Swap

Broken In
anandk said:
"Internet Explorer finally receives an overhaul that helps it match its rivals' features--but Firefox and Opera aren't standing still...."

check this link *www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,123615,tk,cx112905a,00.asp

Hmm, sounds impressive but Microsoft just can't be trusted. Let them deliver better products first and then talk :)

jay4u

In the zone
I VOTE FOR OPERA .... AND ONLY OPERA... IT ROCKS.... FF IS STARTING TO GET BUGGY......

knight17

In the zone
I also support Opera
it is the best and it is blazing fast
Firefox gained popularity by opensource movment
actually ff is vulnerable than ie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom