firefox problem

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys when i use hardware acceleration option in firefox everything gets blurred and fonts won't be visible correctly but if i disable it everything works fine. why is so?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sorry bit I cant seem to notice much difference with the screenshots

Try Reinstalling the browser, reinstalling GPU drivers.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^ Add me in the list too i also could not figure any difference
@sukesh try re-installing the GPU Drivers

gameranand

Living to Play
No different is there for sure. I can easily recognize it and its irritating also.
Try updating your video drivers and reinstalling as already suggested.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
i tried with all the drivers guys but the problem is not getting solved.i enable acceleration from mozilla options menu.here i have uploaded the images in imageshack,just compare the fonts in both the pictures you will see the difference.
Imageshack - desktop2011072816582740.jpg

sygeek

Technomancer
Try this:
  1. Type about:config into your address bar and promise Firefox you'll be careful.
  2. Type render in the search box, and find the following two keys:
    gfx.font_rendering.directwrite.enabled
    mozilla.widget.render-mode
  3. Double click on the gfx.font_rendering.directwrite.enabled entry so that it's set to true.
  4. Double-click on the mozilla.widget.render-mode entry and set the value to 6. If you can't find this key, right-click anywhere in the window, hit to New > Integer, set it's name to mozilla.widget.render-mode, and value to 6.
  5. Restart Firefox

To revert back, just go back into about:config, disable gfx.font_rendering.directwrite.enabled, and set mozilla.widget.render-mode to -1.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
thank you guys.
@sygeek,
i set true for directwrite but i can't find the other option.i am using mozilla 6 and i found in firefox forum that many of them are having this issue and it is due to the problem with directwrite font which is not rendering fonts correctly when acceleration enabled.

The same thing happens with even safari and Microsoft office 2010 when i disable the acceleration fonts gets cleared.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
no its not firefox bug it is mlaa which tries to apply AA to the fonts also,because of which the fonts become blurry.

Top Bottom