Firefox - Extreme Torture

Status
Not open for further replies.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I was using Opera since years when I finally started using FF3 after its launch. With some nice add-ons I became more inclined towards firefox. But what I hated about FF3 was it died with 100-120 open tabs on my 2GB RAM while Opera easily chewed 200+ tabs. After some tweaking (not with the ini settings but the addons, i removed some of them), I have reached this. Take a look above the search bar that shows number of tabs I have currently opened. I ran out of links.

*img267.imageshack.us/img267/1530/firefoxne8.th.jpg*img267.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

This wasn't a one off activity, I tried it once more and broke my previous best.

*img404.imageshack.us/img404/2827/firefox521tabsdj0.th.jpg*img404.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Congratulations.

On a personal level, 100 tabs is pure B.S., regardless of browser. (no offence to you/your net habits/your PC)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I think I heard my PC (with it's 256mb of RAM) laughing when I said aloud "200 tabs!!!". I swear I did. Let's see if I can make it do it again.

OP
casanova

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Congratulations.

On a personal level, 100 tabs is pure B.S., regardless of browser. (no offence to you/your net habits/your PC)

All except the first tab had images in it. A click and all the required images were saved and the tabs were closed. No Offence Taken :D

I guess the second thumb, I uploaded isn't displayed properly (521 tabs) in it

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
"200"tabs" *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/27.png
this is just freaking....i never went over 10-20 tabs

red_devil

Back!
WTF!!! 100+ tabs ???

even those who were into developing FF/Opera wouldn't have even thought that there would be user who'd be opening out 100+ tabs !!!

PS : you open so many for your regular use or you just wanna test the browsers or is it just to boast off here??

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Oh so you people are discussing tabs ehh?

Well, I work on ~60 tabs at any given point of time on this 22 incher. :D
Ya, that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom