Firefox 6 is here!!!

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Free Download

And this does not even seem like news. Mozilla's been upping the version number faster than the breeding rate of mosquitoes at the nearby garbage dump.

Here's an interesting read that sums up a lot of my views:
Firefox 6: Four Reasons Not to Upgrade | PCWorld Business Center

And just for the reference it was released on 16th August, 2011 AD.

And look at this for the lulz
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/2346550946e26710ba12e291fba45357.png

Alok

Adventurer
I still use firefox3.6 due to idm**;-) new version just catches me and disable idm:-D

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Firefox didn't say that there was an update available and prompt if i want to download it. It did it on its own. WTF!!!??

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Firefox 3 had many versions, but then 4, 5, now, 6. Why so fast in changing version numbers?? Competition with IE to beat its version number? :unsure:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Here's an interesting read that sums up a lot of my views:
Firefox 6: Four Reasons Not to Upgrade | PCWorld Business Center
]
Absolutely ridiculous article. Sums up half the tech journalists and readers who don't have a clue before writing such pile of crap.

Shouldn't they update the version 5, rather than releasing new versions so recklessly ?

This is what exactly they have done, updated Firefox 5 to Firefox 6.

Absolutely ridiculous article. Sums up half the tech journalists and readers who don't have a clue before writing such pile of crap.

Well lot of stuff there is crap, but he does make valid points when it comes to version numbering. I mean just look at the timeline I posted. And firefox has had a fairly constant rate of progress as far as features and major changes are concerned through versions.

Imagine us growing old and logging into TDF via Firefox version 1835.0 when IE would still be in some double digit version 67 :lol:

Top Bottom