Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 (Nightly) New Visual Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

seems like it's firefox which is playing the catchup now, all the new features which firefox baught over IE 6 have been implemented in IE7, but with a better management.

I liked 1.0, didn't lie 1.5 due to memory leaks & crashes....2.0 looks promising,

it's just extensions don't work & there is no assurence that they will be updated for 2.0, i mean, a simple thing like "Reload image" should be a browser feature, but it's available only through an unsigned extension

i just hope they make a Windows Native version of firefox too, just to make the Firefox Software fast

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
gxsaurav said:
i just hope they make a Windows Native version of firefox too, just to make the Firefox Software fast
That should be a thing they shouldn't even think of. It will be a crime on their part. Creating a native version for windows will mean forking the project. If they fork out their projects it will make it a lot worse to manage and cause many other problems. That's a definite no no and a very short minded vision.

Well about the extensions, this is still beta so it doesn't make much sense to write extensions for a code that is rapidly changing, though a few people do make extensions. So, wait for the final release. Betas are never meant to be used except for testing.

comrade

foreign return(0)
almost all my favourite extensions for 1.5 does seems to work for me in V2.0
..ofcourse i installed all of them thru nightly build tester tool extension.
only extension that caused problem is TabMix plus but i brought the functionality of that extension via TabFx and Session Saver(the combination rocks)...

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
well,i still find firefox 1.5 to be faster(with saipothuri's tips enabled),
but maybe thats because i'm using 2048 kbps connection and 200mhz machine!!!LOL

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Firefox has released 2.0 Beta 2 RC1. :)

It can be d/led it from here

PS: Now it says Firefox Beta 2 instead of Bon Echo Beta 2. :D

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 Beta 2 RC2 has been Released.

*ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2.0b2-candidates/rc2/

Direct Download Link

tinku dhar

In the zone
Vishal Gupta said:
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 Beta 2 RC2 has been Released.

*ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2.0b2-candidates/rc2/

Direct Download Link

hey wats this its DIFFERENT ?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom