Finally, zeroed in on my next laptop- Dell Inspiron 14R- Need suggestions :)

mickey

Right off the assembly line
Hi Folks,

I have finally zeroed in on my next laptop, am plannign to go for a Dell Inspiron 14 R (Customised) with the 3rg gen I5 processor, 4gb RAM and 1 gb Nvidia graphics card. Am planning to buy it directly from Dell. The total price quoted was Rs 43,943 incl taxes. They have offered me a discount of 3% on this price, which is not good enough I would say!

Questions!

- Should I try other vendors/stores for a better price before I make a decision( I do not find any websites selling the same configuration).

- How much discount does Dell normally gives for customers buying direct? should I bargain for more.

-How is the Delivery and service from Dell?

- Any other laptops with similar specs that I should consider before the final decision

Thx n Advance...

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
The delivery and service by dell is pretty good.
And I strongly recommend you to buy dell products from their website only.They offer good prices and also you get genuine products, as I have tried at many local dealers and was not able to get those prices anywhere and they make some silly story by saying that the things they are offering are different.And also have heard few cases that the local dealers change some parts so its good if you buy online from dell website only.
But I have also experienced one bad thing about dell i.e. the parts they fit later in your laptop(after you broke or anything needs to get replaced) are not as good as the original one, they have also provided refurbished parts.And this has happened almost everytime. But I have got to know that every company follows the same strategy

rider

as Kratos
The delivery and service by dell is pretty good.
And I strongly recommend you to buy dell products from their website only.They offer good prices and also you get genuine products, as I have tried at many local dealers and was not able to get those prices anywhere and they make some silly story by saying that the things they are offering are different.And also have heard few cases that the local dealers change some parts so its good if you buy online from dell website only.
But I have also experienced one bad thing about dell i.e. the parts they fit later in your laptop(after you broke or anything needs to get replaced) are not as good as the original one, they have also provided refurbished parts.And this has happened almost everytime. But I have got to know that every company follows the same strategy

About hp: I replaced my webcam, dvd burner both of them work very well.
Webcam is overall good.
DVD burner get knocking sound when it loads, and specially when there is no disc.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
And I strongly recommend you to buy dell products from their website only.They offer good prices and also you get genuine products, as I have tried at many local dealers and was not able to get those prices anywhere and they make some silly story by saying that the things they are offering are different.

same story. went into a heated argument with the store owner. he said exactly same thing mentioned by you. the product is different, extra cost, untrusted, etc. blah. and asked me (laptop was for a friend of mine) to buy laptop from them if i don't like. wish to give that guy a black eye :evil:

Top Bottom