Finally how is Galaxy s3?

clmlbx

Technomancer
Here is the story

I have been waiting for my first android for months now.. why because I wished to buy best flagship phone.. and wanted to buy sony.. but unfortunately... sony is too slow.. still no news for TX launch date in India.. Just talked to sony guy in it's store.. they have not even received mail regarding it.. and sony has not even added in it's web site as coming soon.. so it will take at least 30-45 days to launch and that too it will priced more then ion which is currently selling at 36K.. so it will be more expensive

So now I am considering Galaxy s3.. It is good phone.. I passed it because of design and had hunch sony will release soon.but sony is damn to slow :mad:.. so guys what do you think.. I am not much into looks. anyway today I saw s3 first time and checked it for few minutes & I loved it..

To me s3 looked little girly design with those round edges but it is not ugly..

need to confirm about it's build quality.. heard problem regarding it.. is it true?

rider

as Kratos
Nothing new about sony, they always launch the device late. Like New Xperia Ion right now with old scorpion processor. Their flagship device remain that it should be launch early by editors. If Sony Xperia TX launch this diwali, it would be priced around 38-40k. Though it would be come with ICS and will get Jelly bean in future. Many reviewer complained about the camera picture quality of 13MP sensor. It appeared grainy and dull, though it may fix till the lauch. Today's best android camera is of galaxy s3 and htc one x. Xperia S/Ion doesn't even stand in top 5 camera phones.
And after three four months of Xperia TX launch samsung will be ready to show galaxy S4 with key lime pie (may be this feb '13 like galaxy S2 in feb '11). If your budget is 40k better to extend to 45k and get new iPhone 5 this diwali. But still you want an android phone for today galaxy s3 is the best choice, it would cost you around 35k in market, selling like hot cakes as the best smartphone till date in India. Take a look on HTC One X too, its the second best device with better screen (IPS S-LCD2) and camera (2.0/f aperture). It will cost you around 32-33k. One more advice, after reading this some sony fanboy or salesman may come to argue. But all I told you is truth and you will get to know if you read reviews and many critics. Hope you will get a good phone.

Last edited:
OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Yes, I am closely following every detail news article on Sony TX and even I heard problem with it's camera.. and I don't expect that in Flagship phone.. TX (Hayabusa) was suppose to launch in Q3 2012 so was expecting this month but still no news and am fed up with waiting... Don't know why and don't ask but I do not prefer HTC phone.. just dose not give same feel even when I wish to get it. Frankly never used HTC phone. so not considering HTC one x.. and other then looks s3 beats HTC right,..

I was checking s3 and heard it's build quality is not good and many broke it(body) and had bad experience with samsung service center.. so need to confirm that.. I am buying Flagship & it should not face any problems.. For jelly bean s3 is getting this october..

Apple phones are too expensive against what you get... And I hate that same ui which it has from First Generation.. and I love customizing my Phone.. which in Iphone is not possible.. this is only reason for not buying that .. yes plus External card not available on Iphone.. checked few sites and read you can get Iphone 5 16GB at 40K .

randomuser111

Technomancer
@climbx

The TX is already on sale in China since more than a week and will hit UK by the last week of this month. From the info I have the T/TX will come early October in India. Pricing is expected to be similar to the Ion and not 40k.

Anyway, the S3 is a good phone no doubt. And I think build quality issues have been solved in the latest batch, so if you can't wait you better go ahead with the S3.

Also HTC One X+ will be coming out soon too, with updated Tegra 3 Quad Core and 4.8 inch screen, you can wait for that too.

P.S. One honest advice, don't buy a phone now. By March next year there will be devices that will put the GS3/One X/TX/Iphone5 to shame, so I would say get an S2 now and then sell it next year to buy the 2013 flagship phone of whichever brand you prefer. If you buy now,(be it GS3/OneX/IP5/TX) it will be outdated very soon.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
so you think I should wait for Tx. so october at least .. waiting for next generation phone is not a great Idea.. as that will be next year.. june-july almost an year.. and Don't laugh but I am waiting for now more then or 6 months as I did not wanted to buy last generation phones like s2..so now it is high time and have lost my patience but still can wait for october at best for TX.. If it come so..

SO which will be better between TX and S3?

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Tx is only for Asia.. In uk T was suppose to launched and I believe it was launched in first week of September it self.. I remember it was 5 September..I guess I can wait till end of month if it is to be released in October then we will hear for it soon

and are you sure build quality was improved in newer batches..

tx defeats s3 in very few segments like

Krait processor and better looks other then that.. s3 nails TX... what you guys say..

randomuser111

Technomancer
I guess so, the build quality issue was present in early batches and Samsung rectified it later.

What areas do you think the S3 nails TX ?

Btw both in UK as well as China, the TX is cheaper than both One X and GS3 by quite a significant margin.

Last edited:
OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
well I believe sony has realized their mistake for launching-announcing. so many phones in every segment.. For instance they know they can't sell Tx at iphone price and ion is already there at 36K so now that have to wait so they can drop prices and then launch TX. other then ion there is also acro S where will that fit ..and if SL is launching then add that too in list. same happened with Miro.....why will some one buy Miro when you can get live at lower price plus just add little more and get Ray.. Miro and tipo is the worst decision they have made .. sony needs to do proper marketing else they are doomed. plus in that entry level segment .. J is yet to make it's place.

Off-topic to our discussion but tipo is unusable from personal experience..

s3 vs tx

1. s3 has amoled screen with .3 inch larger against sony TFT
2. according to early report tx camera is very grainy and bad..against s3 8px is very good and I love Burst mode and taking images while video recording.. I need these feature from years.. (considering ion camera ) critics say problem is with hardware and not software.. sony is stretching to much as there is same sensor in iphone, samsun and sony... but only sony moved to 12-13 MP.
3. s3 Blutooth 4.0 vs tx 3.1
4. s3 1.9 Front camera vs tx 1.3
4. samsung many extra camera features
5. samsung smart stay which is very usefull
6. well samsung screen justfies extra battery but still 300 MHZ more then TX.

Please don't talk about those benchmarks.. I am surprised sony announced the phone when they had not final the hardware.. you can see old tx white paper that shows old s3 processor..and then new whitepaper was released saying it has s4 chipset
same thing with GPU all benchmarks(Gsmareana) said all three handsets has adreno 225.. but white paper always said 220.. so that benchmark are in vain...you can not consider that at all.

And last don't forget samsung is quad core.. it will show it's power... and they are power efficient.

Last edited:
OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
I can and want to buy it now(today this evening).. but I guess should give little more thought as it is not cheap.. so hopefully next week if I got time or confirmed next saturday..

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Congrats in advance ;)

@rider

Kindly add the words "punctuation" and "formatting" to your dictionary. I hope you understand what I mean to say.

Last edited:
OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ Read this from my previous post.
Apple phones are too expensive against what you get... And I hate that same ui which it has from First Generation.. and I love customizing my Phone.. which in Iphone is not possible.. this is only reason for not buying that .. yes plus External card not available on Iphone..

R2K

In the Zone
S3 is the fastest android phone available. But also has one of the ugliest designs ever.
But since you don't care about the design S3 is the best choice

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

I wouldn't really say that, in the flesh it's not bad really. :) Not sexy but doesn't really look ugly either. It's decent enough.

R2K

In the Zone
^^
Maybe, Its like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :D
But compared to S2, design of S3 is just awful IMO

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Well I totally understand you since you own the Xperia Arc ;) You don't need to say anything more :D GS3 is indeed ugly compared to Arc.

Top Bottom