Final Telephonic Interview

RBX

In the zone
I applied at a company for a job with development profile (trainee). They had written quantitative aptitude/reasoning test, then technical test. Then I has technical interview with two guys, and later had a little chat with manager who told me about the work the company does, he also told me that final decision will be taken by their Director who'll arrive in January.
Recently, I got a call and a mail informing that I'll be interviewed on phone instead, and the mail said that the interview is final. I don't know what to expect for this, if anyone has any experience with this, please help me out.

tkin

Back to school!!
I applied at a company for a job with development profile (trainee). They had written quantitative aptitude/reasoning test, then technical test. Then I has technical interview with two guys, and later had a little chat with manager who told me about the work the company does, he also told me that final decision will be taken by their Director who'll arrive in January.
Recently, I got a call and a mail informing that I'll be interviewed on phone instead, and the mail said that the interview is final. I don't know what to expect for this, if anyone has any experience with this, please help me out.
It's normal, but be careful about the director part, afaik the director of a company never gets involved with recruitment. Just make sure the company is legit. Too many scams now a days.

About the telephonic interview treat it like any normal interview.

OP
RBX

RBX

In the zone
It's normal, but be careful about the director part, afaik the director of a company never gets involved with recruitment. Just make sure the company is legit. Too many scams now a days.

About the telephonic interview treat it like any normal interview.
No, it's a good company. Over 350 employees on Linkedin, and some of them are friends of a relative of mine.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I had my interview in my last company on Telephone too. Just be normal. But answer with patience.
By answering with patience I mean try to keep your answer short yet precise. Be a good listener and listen carefully the question. If sound is not audible, don't shy from requesting to ask the question again.

In the end, they just check your confidence level if not only the com skills.

All the best. :doublethumb:

abhidev

Human Spambot
generally telephonic interviews are taken first....in your case probably the the last interview will be with the one you'll be working under in the same project or business vertical. All the best. :D

OP
RBX

RBX

In the zone
Thanks for the input everyone. The interview didn't go as well as I had thought. Maybe my voice was trembling, either because it's too cold here, or I was nervous.
I was told that they'd be happy to have me on board, but the interview lasted barely 10 minutes, so I don't see it as a good sign.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, maybe the guy was busy. Anyway, if they'll be happy to have you on board, then I don't think it's bad sign?

OP
RBX

RBX

In the zone
On a later date, I had another interview - with the lead developer. He didn't ask anything, just told me about the job, and the technologies they work with. Yesterday, after inquiring, they stated that the position has been closed. Not sure what exactly this means but it's a shame seeing that much effort go to waste. At the least, I expected them to inform me of my rejection by themselves.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Bunch of *******s do this everytime with me too. from your post it looks like match has been already fixed.:-x

OP
RBX

RBX

In the zone
It really was a waste of effort. I was initially told that there were 7 openings in total, 5 for consultant trainees, and 2 for development trainees. Today I talked to the person whose friend referred me, and I was told that they hired only one person, that too for consultant position.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
On a later date, I had another interview - with the lead developer. He didn't ask anything, just told me about the job, and the technologies they work with. Yesterday, after inquiring, they stated that the position has been closed. Not sure what exactly this means but it's a shame seeing that much effort go to waste. At the least, I expected them to inform me of my rejection by themselves.
very few companies intimate the candidate about rejection...if you hear this word "Our HR will call u back..." or similar that means 99% of times its a sign of rejection.

It really was a waste of effort. I was initially told that there were 7 openings in total, 5 for consultant trainees, and 2 for development trainees. Today I talked to the person whose friend referred me, and I was told that they hired only one person, that too for consultant position.

No No...nothing is wasted my friend u have gained a good experience of the interview process and this will really help you in future endeavor.
Don't be Sad...everything will be alright in the end :cool:

archananair

Broken In
No need to get nervous just attend the call as normally you do, they will ask you some question so be prepared for it and speak fluently and without hesitation.

Top Bottom