Few Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
I need the following :

1) A key logger that doesn't get caught by Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition. Just a basic key logger will do the job, I only need to log the key strokes

2) An app that can take snapshots for the desktop at a given duration like say every 1 min. It should take snapshot every 1 min and save the files..

3) An app to log IM chats, especially Yahoo messenger

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Want to spy on someone, eh? I dont recommend you do it, bro, spying is only for the shittiest people around. No offence to you, but thats the truth. If you cant trust a person, that doesnt mean you can go poking your nose into others affairs.

That said, here is the solution: (only for legitimate spying purposes ;) )

1. Google. You can find lots of keyloggers. I dont know about the antivirus, You'll have to trial and error here. But if you know to program, hook the keyboard and redirect it to a file as output. SetWindowsHookEx or even GetAsyncKeyState for an inefficient way to do it. Since its your own program, it wont be detected.

2. Google "desktop screenshot spy" That may help you. Same with programming, you can send a print screen key, and write the clipboard contents to a file. You can bypass that too, using IMessageFilter.PreFilterMessage Thats a useful one.
or else CreateDC for desktop and blitblt it onto a file.

3. You could just use the yahoo messenger archive. Enable it in your comp, and you can use a archive viewer program to view it later. There is a program called "Yahoo Messenger Archive Decoder". Or else google for "yahoo messenger recorder" For programming, one could try the messenger SDK released by yahoo. I dont have enough info on this.

Well, thats about it, Sorry if I posted programming references too, but that was for people with itchy fingers wanting to code frequently :)

OP
jamesbond007

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Spying ... yep I wanna spy my own laptop, I am the only one using it!!
Your solutions not helpful, but thanks for your patient reply.
I am not a VC++ programmer, I am a batch programmer and I am pretty good at it. I have batch scripts running that logs every file opened and other such things. I have another batch that uses Irfan View to take screenshots but they are not very efficient and solid. Hence I was looking for standalone programs!!

I use the mentioned pc for Seeding and DVD burning as my mac doesn't have SuperDrive :-(

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Wow, you have batch scripts that record activity? NEAT dude!!! Can you tell us how you did that? I've never heard of that kind of stuff before. Man, you should be really good if you can do such stuff with only batch files!

OP
jamesbond007

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Batch programming is pretty easy and interesting as well. To begin you can start by exploring environment variables and re-directing outputs to text files. Also if you are a good C programmer you can do almost anything by combining C with dos functions.
Explore %0, %1 use them with >> to redirect output text file.

Hint %0 can be used to capture the launched application. So create a simple batch file with just 2 lines ( for starters that is..)

line 1: use %0, >> to capture the currently launched app and send its name to a log file. You can use several dos commands here like say date and time commands to know when an app was launched etc

line 2 : launch the app itself

Now lets associate this batch file with an app say Notepad.exe. Select notepad --> open with --> use our batch file to always open notepad.exe.
Now what happens is left for your imagination and what you can do is your line 1 programming skills ... Have fun :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Thanks!

I found a really lengthy batch tutorial right here:

*www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila/batch_tutorial.html

and I'm gonna check it out after exams. Thanks Bond, James Bond! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom