Felt very strong Earthquake in Guwahati

Alok

Adventurer
I was playing GTA V as usual and my bed started to shake like I'm in boat. I never faced an earthquake before so I though someone is shaking my bed , I saw no one was there. I thought something must be under my bed. But I couldn't find the reason and my mind didn't think even a single time that it is an EQ. It lasted for about 15 seconds. After it stopped I looked google and found that its common here in North East India as It is earthquake prone region. But after receiving a call from my home at Lucknow & Bahraich I switched to news and found that It was 7.9 Richter Scale :-( All over north India.

Last edited:
OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
I was like zero mind zero thought. Never felt anything like this. I was on the second floor of the building :p

Hrishi

The first earthquake I felt was when my friend was playing death metal songs.
He said , he felt earthquake. I said , dude its the song man. Step down the volume a bit.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I switched to news and found that It was 7.9 Richter Scale :-( All over north India.

It's the intensity and depth that decides the extent of damage. And the distance too. Idiotic journalism by newspapers.

M7.9 - 29km
M7.9 - 29km ESE of Lamjung, Nepal

icebags

Technomancer
i felt quake here in kolkata too, but i was having my weekend morning sleep, so i thought i was dreaming. :p

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
It's the intensity and depth that decides the extent of damage. And the distance too. Idiotic journalism by newspapers.

M7.9 - 29km
M7.9 - 29km ESE of Lamjung, Nepal

I see. thanks for info. Journalism is shame and too my knowledge:p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am in Delhi and was on second floor of some building. Felt the tremors quite strongly. Probably the first time I felt it so clearly. Many people including me rushed to ground floor through stairs.

It's common to feel after shocks with an earthquake of this intensity. Felt aftershocks two times.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
I was half asleep on my bed at that time as I slept late at night. Lying on the bed on my back, I felt as if my blood vessels are opening that's why I am feeling the sensation of vibration on my back. Looked at the water bottle and the water in that too was shaking. Because I was half asleep I thought that maybe I might have moved somewhat on the bed that's why the water in the bottle near my bed was shaking as well.

I actually felt good about the vibrating sensation on my back though. And I remained in that position to get maximum comfort.

Till that time didnt realised that it was an earthquake. After an hour, switched on the TV and they showed that it was 7.9 intensity quake. I was like wtf?!!

I am in UP. So, the impact was much lesser here. After that I thought, if the center would have been in India then I would have certainly not be able to understand what was happening in that situation. And it could have been worse for me.

gemini90

Journeyman
Nepal Earthquake - You will have to search through gutters to find such cretins -

Kanchan Gupta @KanchanGupta · 3h 3 hours ago

Another swine looking for trough. “@laveypj: Already our mission workers are there to help the people and tell them the goodness of Jesus.India is in need of knowing true God."

Just like they did after tsunami

Kanchan Gupta @KanchanGupta · 3h 3 hours ago

Suddenly swines all over. “@GlobalOutfittrs: Nepal rocked by magnitude 7.9 quake, fatalities certain. May they find Jesus' love & strength."

While the Indian Gov is working hard to provide relief sending 14 NDRF teams, C-17 , C-130.

PMO India retweeted
Narendra Modi @narendramodi · 12m 12 minutes ago

Spoke to PM Sushil Koirala, who is in transit in Bangkok on his way to Kathmandu. Assured all support & assistance during this tough time.

MOD Spokesperson: Indian Army Team in Mount Everest Area is safe and will now conduct rescue operations.

Last edited:

Lenny

Journeyman
I saw the news from various news media and the images were devastating. Hope the people of Nepal and other that got hit can recover from this fast.

Prayers to all those who died, injured, lost someone or something really important.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I was sitting upon a chair besides my office desk,when my head and body started to reel. Initially I thought that I must have some blood pressure problem or any health issue,but suddenly a commotion from some of my colleagues aroused all of us and we ran down to the ground floor out on the streets.Everywhere from various office buildings people were panick stricken and most of them were on the streets. This was the location at Park Street,Kolkata,West bengal.
Though tremors felt were not so severe here at Kolkata.

gemini90

Journeyman
Dainik Bhaskar ‏@DainikBhaskar 2m2 minutes ago

एवरेस्ट बेस कैंप से 18 शव निकाले गए, 13 शवों को भारतीय सेना ने निकाला.....

BSNL will charge local rates for all India Nepal Calls on their Network for three days.
Indigo Airlines and other major airlines have waived off cancellation or rescheduling charges for next week.

NDRF and IAF

*pbs.twimg.com/media/CDcNC5yVEAAMB7H.jpg

*pbs.twimg.com/media/CDcM_y9VIAEI2LL.jpg

*pbs.twimg.com/media/CDcRSujVIAEOpcm.jpg

*pbs.twimg.com/media/CDcK-TDVAAAsb2T.jpg

*pbs.twimg.com/media/CDcUtaiUgAAl3Aq.jpg

A little while ago. NDRF team in kathmandu

*pbs.twimg.com/media/CDcUykMUkAEHacA.jpg

..........................................................................................

Sushma Swaraj @SushmaSwaraj · 3m 3 minutes ago

We have contacted Baba Ramdev in Kathmandu. He wishes to be there in this hour of crisis.
71 retweets 46 favorites
Sushma Swaraj @SushmaSwaraj · 7m 7 minutes ago

Indian Air Force is evacuating 250 persons from Kathmandu today. Please ask your relatives to get in touch with Indian mission there.
256 retweets 97 favorites
Sushma Swaraj @SushmaSwaraj · 11m 11 minutes ago

Vikas Swarup Verified account
‏@MEAIndia

RT @eoiktmnp IAF Aircraft with 52 Indians onboard to leave for Delhi, more aircrafts on the way to evacuate stranded Indians in Nepal.

Vikas Swarup @MEAIndia · 11m 11 minutes ago

Relief efforts:
Enroute
IL-76 163 NDRF personnel,5 sniffer dogs, 28 tons of relief
C-17 Globemaster III 96 NDRF personnel &15 tonnes (2/2)
39 retweets 19 favorites
View translation
Vikas Swarup @MEAIndia · 12m 12 minutes ago

Relief efforts for #NepalEarthquake :
In Kathmandu
IAF’s C-130 Superhercules - 39 NDRF personn & 3.5 tonnes of relief (1/2)
10 retweets 6 favorites

On Sushmaji's Timeline. Great way to reach people in need.It can be institutionalised by putting a team under MEA to coornidate all help tweets.

anuradha &#8207 [MENTION=5847]Anu[/MENTION]_nikumbh 1h1 hour ago

@SushmaSwaraj I had been trying hard since afternun to reach to MEA nos.My dad is in Kathmandu I m unable 2contact him plz help ppl like us.
38 retweets 15 favorites

Sushma SwarajVerified account
‏@SushmaSwaraj

Pl give your father's details. We will try to reach him [MENTION=5847]Anu[/MENTION]_nikumbh

anuradha &#8207 [MENTION=5847]Anu[/MENTION]_nikumbh 59m59 minutes ago

@SushmaSwaraj His name is Wasudeosingh Nikumbh. Age 63. From: Nagpur
27 retweets 11 favorites

‏@SushmaSwaraj

Where should we contact him in Nepal ? [MENTION=5847]Anu[/MENTION]_nikumbh

Suparna Singh &#8207 [MENTION=306406]Suparna[/MENTION]_Singh 47m47 minutes ago

@SushmaSwaraj all helplines busy. Trying to get info on Dr Sridhar Reddy. Last seen near Peak 38 Lodge at dingboche. Pls help.
15 retweets 7 favorites

‏@SushmaSwaraj

His phone number ? [MENTION=306406]Suparna[/MENTION]_Singh

Sushma Swaraj @SushmaSwaraj · 24m 24 minutes ago

My colleague [MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION]Goyal has offered to send engineers and equipment to restore the power grids in Nepal
459 retweets 284 favorites

Attachments

• CDcUtaiUgAAl3Aq.jpg
    CDcUtaiUgAAl3Aq.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 128
OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
Nepal eq is third strongest since 1897 in Indian continent. Wiki says in 1934 (Nepal-Bihar EQ), it completely destroyed Kathmandu and Muzaffarpur costing over 20k lives :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Acc. to USGS today's eq was only 2 km deep.

Last edited:

gemini90

Journeyman
#Quake #Update AI will carry relief material on priority basis, free of charge on its flts to KTM ex DEL & CCU to help quake-affected.

— Air India (@airindiain) April 25, 2015

As a part of our effort to assist affected people in Nepal, we will carry relief material for the next week free of charge.

— Jet Airways (@jetairways) April 25, 2015

@IndiGo6E on standby to carry relief materials to Kathmandu free of charge

— Aditya Ghosh (@AdityaGhosh6E) April 25, 2015

Accredited relief orgs email earthquakerelief@spicejet.com to transport emergency relief supplies, doctors at no charge #NepalEarthquake

— SpiceJet (@flyspicejet) April 25, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

As instructed by MR [MENTION=300876]SureshP[/MENTION]prabhu, 1 lakh Rail Neer bottles being despatched to Kathmandu as relief by IR. Tonight.

— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia)

- - - Updated - - -

Vikas Swarup @MEAIndia · 2m 2 minutes ago

RT @eoiktmnp 312 stranded Indians evacuated from Nepal in 3 IAF flights carrying 52, 100 and 160 Indians #NepalEarthquake

Vikas Swarup @MEAIndia · 9h 9 hours ago

285 NDRF team members have been flown in from India in 3 IAF aircrafrts to assist Nepal Army in rescue operations @MEAIndia #NepalEarthquake

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
EQ felt again . Just as I type :shock: .

strong same as yesterday

I'm in open btw . safe :|

Last edited:

gemini90

Journeyman
Aftershocks will go on for a week. 6+ ought to be normal expectation.

This is how you describe your help:
*pbs.twimg.com/media/CDf2xRJUkAAckcX.jpg
*pbs.twimg.com/media/CDf2xSZUgAABT5c.jpg

100,000 meals a day!

and this is how you DONT,
*pbs.twimg.com/media/CDf6VemUUAAgzaD.jpg

Top Bottom