feeling down and out...

dreamchaser

Broken In
hello buddies......i have just completed my BE ece with 14 arrears from a reputed college.........and im going to reappear for supplies this nov(which is less than a month away) and i really dont know whether i can clear these papers and everytime i sit to prepare i really cant get my concentration and even though i understand things i really cant do well in exam...and i have disappointed my family cos i got pretty good marks in my +2...and started to crumble in studies from 2nd year ..and result is 14 papers...please suggest me ways to clear my papers.....ofc i knw the answer is hardword but still i want some tips not only to clear this papers but also to have cinfidence to face failures...its worth mentioning many of my friends are placed and when i see their stills and updates in fb abt job their fancy lifestyle :shock: it still makes me feel bad...the reason is im from a middle class family and my family depends on me ...........
tnx for ur answer in advance:evil:

aloodum

Journeyman
hmm if ur in reputed college and had good marks in +2, i assume you got your place in that reputed place based on your merit. Tum mein kuch to baat hain ! Remember that! Thats it from me. Cheers!!!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
think about the long term, a few so called failures won't really matter
think out clearly what you can do, if it is necessary break down tackling the backlog of all those papers into two years, but do it in those two
there are many methods of studying, one thing that you can try is 4 one and a half hour sessions distributed throughout the day, making sure you do some different activity in between
then there's the basics, eat healthy, drink a lot of water, do some rigorous physical activity for a little time of the day, don't waste your time
delete fakebook, if it helps, you do not need to aspire to any particular lifestyle, don't worry about what other's are doing, focus on your work and what makes you happy
good luck

pratyush997

Inactive
think about the long term, a few so called failures won't really matter
think out clearly what you can do, if it is necessary break down tackling the backlog of all those papers into two years, but do it in those two
there are many methods of studying, one thing that you can try is 4 one and a half hour sessions distributed throughout the day, making sure you do some different activity in between
then there's the basics, eat healthy, drink a lot of water, do some rigorous physical activity for a little time of the day, don't waste your time
delete fakebook, if it helps, you do not need to aspire to any particular lifestyle, don't worry about what other's are doing, focus on your work and what makes you happy
good luck
+1..... BTW U mean Facebook?

OP
D

dreamchaser

Broken In
hmm if ur in reputed college and had good marks in +2, i assume you got your place in that reputed place based on your merit. Tum mein kuch to baat hain ! Remember that! Thats it from me. Cheers!!!

yea got 1100 in +2 i dont knw hindi please reply in english

Flash

Lost in speed
+1..... BTW U mean Facebook?

Anyway they both are same!
@OP: As your name, chase your dreams and one day you will reach what you've destined for.
Anorion told much of the things, that everyone would say.

Now you got the time and use it constructively. Split the subjects and schedule a day or two for each.
If there are 10 chapters, be confident in the matters of atleast 5.

Now its the time for you to really PUSH HARD! Just this time and you will be happy forever.

Renny

Padawan
Not VTU? Arrears is a common thing in Engineering, 35 marks(if that's the minimum) is definitely doable.

Job? Anyone can get a job dude! Strengthen your core areas and prepare well for Aptitude etc. What you don't have in marks make up in other areas.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Delete your fb account. problem solved. Its about yourself, and not looking at others. Remember that.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Some suggestions , if you may like ..
1. Don't take burden on mind ..try to console yourself
2. Do some exercise to keep cool
3.Disconnect the internet
4.Make a time table ... act like a clock
5.In one day study 2-3 subjects if u can
6.first finish easy subjects ...give good take time on tough subject

Flash

Lost in speed
I think OP is already started concentrating on his studies. :D
That's why no replies. Lets all be alright!

Minion

Conversation Architect
hello buddies......i have just completed my BE ece with 14 arrears from a reputed college.........and im going to reappear for supplies this nov(which is less than a month away) and i really dont know whether i can clear these papers and everytime i sit to prepare i really cant get my concentration and even though i understand things i really cant do well in exam...and i have disappointed my family cos i got pretty good marks in my +2...and started to crumble in studies from 2nd year ..and result is 14 papers...please suggest me ways to clear my papers.....ofc i knw the answer is hardword but still i want some tips not only to clear this papers but also to have cinfidence to face failures...its worth mentioning many of my friends are placed and when i see their stills and updates in fb abt job their fancy lifestyle :shock: it still makes me feel bad...the reason is im from a middle class family and my family depends on me ...........
tnx for ur answer in advance:evil:
Don't get dishearten people face difficulty in their life at sometime.For study do one thing divide your paper and time so that you can study all papers in limited time.
Do some exercise which will keep you charged and happy through out day.and Don't use Facebook It will do more harm than good you can use Google talk or Skype If you want to communicate with anybody.Don't talk unnecessarily with anybody especially relatives They put more salt in your wound than to motivate you.
Give Importance to you father,mother.Try to keep them happy at all time.

Since you have done well in +2 You will do a very good job. And Don't be too much depended on anybody.Just do what you like and don't do anything forcefully.
Cheers!!

mastervk

In the zone
Better to give some examples from my college..
one guy got 4 backs in a single semester and he was told that he will not be allowed to attend next year.Somehow he managed to convince management and cleared all backs(along with few backs of previous years)He had good logical skill and communication skill.He got a good job.
Another guy in same situation later scored more than 98% in gate and got good job.
one of my friend took 7 years to complete B Tech(if might be 6 yrs if that is the maximum) .He also is working now.

If you are in reputed college you must be capable.Don't feel disappointed.Work hard and don't worry about what others are doing.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
aloodum said:
i assume you got your place in that reputed place based on your merit.

There is no such thing as merit in India. Those entrance exams hardly determine merit.

The fact of the matter is that everyone who enters BE is in the same boat. If you have had problems, concentrate hard, think about the future, forget about the computer for a while and study hard. And remember always your current situation, for it will do you good to know no matter how big heights you reach, you are no better than anyone else.

dreamchaser said:
it still makes me feel bad...the reason is im from a middle class family and my family depends on me ...........

Never ever feel bad, it will only hold you back. Had I felt bad that people who had far less skill than me got into Computer Science and Electronics streams in 11th and B.E. because of marks in a stupid entrance test, I'd never have reached this far. I made it on my own, with no coaching, no guidance, and only my strength of will and dedication to go on. I had the lowest 12th score in my class, and was one of the top 10 ranks going out. That's how it is. Give it your best shot and don't think about others. The rest will come to you.

I didn't study in a reputed college, I went in via donation.....and I'm the only guy in my class who came that far with good marks despite getting in via donation. At this point I realized that all this means nothing; you have to concentrate on finishing up and getting a job, and you'll only be able to do what you're good at. The sooner you realize you are all the same; the better you'll feel about everything.

Last edited:

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I understand that seeing your friends enjoy their life might piss you off. But you need to realize that you too can get into their shoes pretty soon. When you do get there, you'll look back at your current stage and have a good laugh. Trust me. It is not the end of the world. There are many more who are in far worse situations than you.
Do realize that it is the remaining papers that are in between you and your dreams. It'll take time, energy and a hell lot of patience and concentration to clear them. But it'll all work out well in the end.

OP
D

dreamchaser

Broken In
tnx everybody it was really nice 2 see ur replies...feeling better now and imgoing to start at full pace from now on ..its my first post in TD...raelly feels gud 2 see ur replies..will get in tough with u after nov exam ;) tnx buddies ...god bless

Top Bottom