[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajasekharan

Youngling
@krrrish......;), :lol:

ok since i know that they dont check....here is what i think the improvements could be with my 4 long years of experience with the forums

1. the reputation system suc*s big time....a forum is meant for bringing people together ....not to differentiate them....want an example...look at "esato" (my first forum) ....any esato members backing me up ????? :)....(though i don't post there any more)...u can see that it behaves almost like another home like environment....just what this forum lacks
2. what about breaking up the s/w trouble shooting to multimedia,and windows tools question and answers..??
3.rename q&a to q&a for non s/w and hardware rather than providing lengthy explanation underneath.
4.mods please behave properly.....if you feel that some one is behaving badly PM them..rather than saying i have -ve repped u , stop saying blah blah blah , and so on in the post, learn from other sites....if you cant do that then stop being a MOD.
*****(stay away from fight club or delete that thread all together , rather than posting to behave properly there , u create some and expect people to behave like gentleman is not proper , let them fight, else rename to "casual chat club heavily observed by MODS".)

thats all for now....:), don't think about reading it if u are mild at heart...;)

p.s : those who repost the posting saying "moved to different section cause of wrong post"....please be sensible to answer that persons question , at least , sorry donno will do...that person expects an answer not a "moved " note. its perfectly fine who do the double posting under two sections....cause
1. they fail to understand the structure of this forum...indicates that u have work to do in site...:)
2. they are absolutely in need , in very bad need.

stop being cruel to them...also saying "problem reported blah blah blah..."

Last edited:

avinandan

Broken In
The digit site is so cluttered with ads that it takes ages to load on my poor dial up connection. I am a digit subscriber since 2003 but i have visited the thinkdigit home page only twice or thrice. There is nothing interesting except the forum which i visit by directly typing thinkdigit.com/forum in my browser

47shailesh

Security Exp
Today i found two Discrepancies in www.thinkdigit.com

1) IN the OPINION POLL i clicked 10-15 times and for each time my click was counted... I Know it's very hard to put constraint like blocking a IP or MAC after one click coz in situations where user access through cafes.. u can't block a IP or MAC after a click.. But to a minimal can be done is Introducing a TIME GAP between successive click say of 15 min to "minimise" the fake polls and getting more nearer to real world scenario....

2) In "Interactive Content" the pdfs were not uploaded properly i guess.. coz when i tried to access those pdf they said error while opening pdf.. not single time i tried it mainer time and the result was same

So please consider my suggestion...:)

shree

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

When you will update your subscription forms. I could not find the new offer at all in the website(cutting edge) which is the banner

Asfaq

Keyboard addict
PLease improve the front page of the site.. it really looks pre 1998.. thesedays, u can really reduce page load times by encorporating css and tables !! Lets use em..

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Can we have an Atom or RSS feed for the forums?

DTD feeds are considered a Security threat and not supported in Internet Explorer 7.

Asfaq

Keyboard addict
Asfaq said:
PLease improve the front page of the site.. it really looks pre 1998.. thesedays, u can really reduce page load times by encorporating css and tables !! Lets use em..

The front page looks better now, but what is still a concern for me are the ads!
*www.thinkdigit.com/thinkdigit_2007/images/advt1.jpg​
This ad has no hyperlink, is static, occupies 25% of vertical screenspace and is just completely useless IMHO.. In hindsight, does JDM realy require ad-revenue?

Sorry for being suche a pessimist but the smilies on the boards are really silly.. am sure there are better smiley packs available for free off the net, if you have no luck in getting them, you can always contact me, I can help.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
The new website interface looks good-- simplistic, yet striking. But there are minor bugs..
like for example, in *www.thinkdigit.com/thinkdigit_2007/index.php?action=digital_categories&head=Digital Passion&cid=116
the "Will Wii Rock" article has been posted twice..
Nevertheless, Its good.

Asfaq

Keyboard addict
ax3 said:
do add " report 2 mods " as an EXTRA option in Thread Tools .........

wont it b a COOL idea 2 just click & THREAD REPORTED 2 mods ........

u can already report a 'bad post' by clicking onto the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/Blue/buttons/report.gifbutton which is below the poster's avatar..

RisINg

Broken In
OK , first of all the links for the May DVD and CD lead to the pdfs for the April DVDs and CDs please change that!!!

deepakrao

Right off the assembly line
hi myself deepak,
i am using mozilla firefox2, and every time i open any webpage then it shows the message scripts are currently forbidden and in bracket java, flash, plugin. please help

hi myself deepak,
i am using mozilla firefox2, and every time i open any webpage then it shows the message scripts are currently forbidden and in bracket java, flash, plugin. please help

Last edited:

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
this site is good but we need the REAL DIGIT PPL TO LOOK OVER not users

like we can have agent 001 answer some questions and so too for other questions and just not edit out stuff like our RESIDENT GOD "RAABO"

coz i find this as a gr8 site to discuss but not to get help from none of my problems frm the past year and a half have been answered correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom