[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you think we must shift to MyBB ...its far better than VBulliten
It isn't. From a user's point of view, it might be. Still it is the best free BB out there alongwith SMF.

Either it's IP.B for us, or VB 4.1.x when the admins feel the need.

m0h1t

Right off the assembly line
Hi all

I just joined the forum. I'm unable to post in the bazaar section.
Is there some kind of restriction there?

-m0h1t

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi all

I just joined the forum. I'm unable to post in the bazaar section.
Is there some kind of restriction there?

-m0h1t
First thing what you should do when you join a forum is, read the rules. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1)Well, this forum seems to have got a performance improvement after the recent updates. Atleast I feel improvement in speed of loading page

2)Can't we have a separate Sub Forum in Gamerz section dedicated to Online/Mobile gaming. I think it would be good.

3) The Mobile Monsters section is a lot better now with that new Sub Forum.
Why not a similar thing with laptops?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well..I can't give you the WML version because it won't work with the way we force styles.

What I have done is, disabled the top banner for people with a post count of 75. The top banner used to make the site unreadable in Opera Mini. This is not the case now.

Earlier members above 50 posts used to get two advertisements on top and bottom with members below 50 posts getting full advertisements. Now the criteria is, members above 75 posts get rid of every advert except the bottom one and below 75 posts get full advertisements.

I hope people are fine with this.

Try on Opera mini and tell me whether the experience is better or not. I think the pages should be full width on your phone now.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well ico, I donot know why or how but ThinkDigit Forum feels its old self and is just same like it was a week back. Posting this via Opera Mini.
Does it have anything to do with pictures enabled or disabled on Opera Mini?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well ico, I donot know why or how but ThinkDigit Forum feels its old self and is just same like it was a week back. Posting this via Opera Mini.
Does it have anything to do with pictures enabled or disabled on Opera Mini?
It is same. You won't see the difference until you are using it on a 3.3" screen mobile.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
It is same. You won't see the difference until you are using it on a 3.3" screen mobile.

OK thanks. So I am feeling the same in my N73

So in my iPod Touch with 3.5 inch screen I should notice difference right? Will use whenever I find a Open Wi-Fi Hot spot and report back here :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yea..you should notice a difference. Forum will be from edge to edge on your iPod touch. Earlier it used to be on 66% of the screen.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@ico

Can we have a place where we enter our Steam id so that it pops up like a icon(like we can enter Yahoo, ICQ, Skype, etc)
Dont you think it would be good :?:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Lol.. you can just set your Steam ID as the title, below your userID!
Your's is empty anyway! ;)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most gaming sites have the option to add our steam ids so that are show below our avatars.
Because they have edited the Templates.

I won't edit templates straightaway in Digit. Need a firsthand experience before.

Anyways, there is a difference.

IM field = you see an icon below. That is not possible in a straightforward way.

Info field = like you see Location. That might be possible. I'd look at the possibility next week. Anyhow, makes sense to simply put in your signature.

"Location: New Delhi"

^^ Lol.. you can just set your Steam ID as the title, below your userID!
Your's is empty anyway! ;)

Err..you didn't get what I meant.

I was talking about something like this:
*i.imgur.com/PYXwF.jpg
Because they have edited the Templates.

I won't edit templates straightaway in Digit. Need a firsthand experience before.

Anyways, there is a difference.

IM field = you see an icon below. That is not possible in a straightforward way.

Info field = like you see Location. That might be possible. I'd look at the possibility next week. Anyhow, makes sense to simply put in your signature.

"Location: New Delhi"

That would be much appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom