[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This was a BIG problem for me too, but until i resolved it a month ago.
Turns out, there isn't any setting to just turn off the email notifications for already subscribed threads. So this is what I did, to resolve it:

Goto, UserCP -> Edit Options. And then, select, No Email notification under, Default Thread Subscription Mode.
This step would prevent you to send mails, for any thread that you later join. But wouldn't stop mailing you for the threads which are already subscribed.
Then, I went on to every thread subscribed, and Re-Subscribed through, Thread Tools. (Resubscribed = Unsubscribe and then Again subscribe)

Mod knows, if there was an easy solution to this, but I had tried to find that in vain, earlier on.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why does TDF spams my inbox with hundreds of subscribtion alerts each weekend? I know I can disable it but it is there by default (which it shouldn't be). Can't you guys just push it all into one email?
There are many who prefer this. Default is 'weekly notification' which is perfectly alright. If you don't like it then you can disable it for yourself.

sygeek

Technomancer
There are many who prefer this. Default is 'weekly notification' which is perfectly alright. If you don't like it then you can disable it for yourself.
Dunno if most of the users prefer it but I'm not one of them :(.

Just got an idea, made a new label for it on gmail and skipped it from inbox.
@vineet369: You can try that ^

Last edited:

buddyram

New Voyage
Yes dude! There is a 'Remember Me' option but i didn't notice it. my mistake

^ Not sure what are you talking about. I don't have to re-enter my login details each time! The browser does save the login ID and pass, if you let it do!
And I have bookmarked the UserCP page, so that whenever I click that, the list of subscribed thread is the first thing I see. Which works even after a computer restart, the same day, or even many days after!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just got an idea, made a new label for it on gmail and skipped it from inbox.
@vineet369: You can try that ^

Moved the discussion to Offtopic discussion... since we are going that way...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/community...fftopic-discussion-thread-27.html#post1394427

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow.. Shadow effects to TDF. Looks good :)
Can we expect some more cosmetic looks in future?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Is it not possible to have a feature to see which section or max posts are?

It's there in phpBB. not possible in vBulletin?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey, there is something wrong with the Login System.

When I'm trying to view a thread, it appears like I'm not logged in, whereas I'm logged in. Same for when I click my Username to go to my profile.

Whereas UserCP and other thing is working.

UPDATE : I posted this reply by clicking Post reply button. I thought it wont work, but amazingly it worked. Now after posting the reply I'm again logged out. Though I'm still logged in on other tabs and can browse around the Forum.

One more thing, when I try to view some thread, it appears like I'm not logged in, which is what I said above, but the stange thing is, when I give my credentials, it accepts but again goes back to logged out state.

I think something is going on, or wrong with the forum.

Amazingly threads vanished from new posts, I mean it doesn't appears as it seems like all read posts.

If possible I request all Mods and Super Mods to come at #krow. So that we can discuss the matter.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Yeah, you are right. Quick Reply box is vanished. And it interface looks logged out mode, when in fact, we are logged in! :confused:

Update: Can't edit post! :(

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yup, EDIT wont work, as EDIT button appears only when logged in. So basically the threads are appearing as logged out mode. So EDIT button wont be there generally.

tkin

Back to school!!
Same problem as krishnendu said, someone fix this asap, this is bugging me.

Main forum and usercp is in logged in mode, threads are not, also clicking last link of thread from anywhere goes to random pages, after posting reply random page is being opened.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh... I think, we should let ico sleep. Atleast we would see, what people "Actually" writes, when they have no facility to edit it :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please keep your discussion in the thread which is meant for bug reporting. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom