[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I think blue is much better. Now I can easily differentiate b/w read and unread threads or modified threads etc. Previously it was troublesome.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Even previously the unread threads were bold so was having no problem at all. The problem is that Blue is kind of light color and I would appreciate a dark color for normal reading.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 things.

1) Difference between unread and read threads = plain text and bold. Not related to colour.

2) Unvisited "normal" link

3) Visited link (which was traditionally darker)

Now both visited and unvisited links are #1D5790.

Earlier they were #13395E and #13302E (darker) respectively.

Guess what, #13395E looked fine to me as far as differentiating between text and links was concerned. Why? because I had my monitor configured rightly.

and now I am switching back to the old colour. It was fine. But this time differently. Both normal links and visited links will be #13395E.

sygeek

Technomancer
Please make a new section "Introduction" where users can start their very first threads explaining about themselves. I have seen this in a lot of forums and many users feel themselves home after a lot of users welcome the user to the site.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Are you talking about this? *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/community-discussions/115442-introduce-yourselves.html

But I think, you already knew about it :?

sygeek

Technomancer
^^I have seen that in many forums where most of the users start their very first thread in. How do you expect for someone (non-admin) to keep track of new active users in the forum.

Krow

Crowman
We can redirect new users to that thread, or send them an automated PM for going there. A new section is not required.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^This idea is nice. When ever someone joins an automated PM can be sent to give his/her(I doubt) intro :p

Few Suggestions:
1. I think FS and WTB should be divided among subforums.
2. And as discussed with ico, an market feedback subforum under Market section would be a great idea. Where peoples can carry out those "For how much should I sell these??", "Courier Feedback" etc. threads along with if someone wants to complain he/she can carry out there.

sygeek

Technomancer
I just thought a separate section would be better as it will be more visually accessible, instead of everyone trying to search a single thread for every new user..:)

buddyram

New Voyage
Whenever i get into your site, i wanna enter my login details each time if i want to get into my account! Please make it simple like other sites to save our login details so that we can see our threads in one single click!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^ Not sure what are you talking about. I don't have to re-enter my login details each time! The browser does save the login ID and pass, if you let it do!
And I have bookmarked the UserCP page, so that whenever I click that, the list of subscribed thread is the first thing I see. Which works even after a computer restart, the same day, or even many days after!

sygeek

Technomancer
Why does TDF spams my inbox with hundreds of subscribtion alerts each weekend? I know I can disable it but it is there by default (which it shouldn't be). Can't you guys just push it all into one email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom