[FEEDBACK] New Thinkdigit Website

What do you think of the all new ThinkDigit.com?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
Hi all,

I've been busy with Digit's Anniversary issue. I want everyone to understand that all of this is a work in progress. This is "our" forum, and for the guys who said "Raaabo likes this colour, so it will never change", I'm very disappointed in your behaviour. If you ask all of the old-timers on this forum you will realise that we have always listened to feedback, and made changes for the better.

Not everything we do will meet with your approval, and we realise that. I have a lot more responsibilities now, and although I would love to sit and monitor this forum 24/7, like I used to, I just don't have the time. I'm not saying that this means things will not get done, but it does mean that it will take longer than it used to.

I've changed the colour for now, to make it "less hurtful to the eyes" as you guys were saying it was. We will try and improve it further over time, so please be patient. The red was only to match the look and feel of the forum to the site, which I have tried to keep by changing it from pure red to the colour value of header background on the main site.

Anyway, continue reporting bugs and giving us your feedback, we appreciate it.

Thanks,

Raaabo

Thank you raabo.Atleast now u r listening to us.

toofan

Technomancer
I am just upset by seeing your new site. Its all rubbish .Its over months it has started and yet most of the links results in "No records found". And today is 4th of june and no signs of the latest issue. Whats is happening. where is that standard gone. Is the digit same as 1 or 2 year back. I think the quality of content has gone down(They are increasing the quality of paper although which is not required). Do something good now. Its enough.
Please do something to improve the magazine and website.
with best wishes.
Vimal Joshi

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Somebody start filtering news thread in news section...this guy newsbytes...is flooding with news thread...many worthless...
Do something...

nihu

Broken In
Had kar dee aapne

"Had kar dee aapne!"
Even chip & pcworld has posted june08 preview on their website.

Last edited:

anni

Broken In
Re: Had kar dee aapne

"Had kar dee aapne!"
Even chip & pcworld has posted june08 preview on their website.

Really shameful. May be for digit ppl, still may is there. and they ppl so called technology navigator

toofan

Technomancer
:xDon't you all the forum members think that the good digit guys are sleeping. :confused:Where is the preview of June 2008 edition. If its not in website, when will it be in news stands. Thank god I am not a subscriber what will happen to them god knows.:x

Digit Editor why don't you fire your useless Staff. They can't even update the website regularly.

Are you guys busy gathering Ads. or plucking them here or there in the pages. (Sorry for this comment.)

Aniversary edition or special edition or late EDITION.:!:

we all love digit and can't bear the delays.
guys go through my earlier post.

Vimal Joshi
Nainital, Uttarakhand.

anni

Broken In
JAGO MOHAN PYARE. JUNE AA GAYA HE. KUCH TO SUDHER JAO. IF UR STAFF IS NOT CAPABLE TO UPDATE THIS 3rd CLASS SITE REGULARLY THEN REMOVE THOSE STUFFS

Hi all,

I've been busy with Digit's Anniversary issue. I want everyone to understand that all of this is a work in progress. This is "our" forum, and for the guys who said "Raaabo likes this colour, so it will never change", I'm very disappointed in your behaviour. If you ask all of the old-timers on this forum you will realise that we have always listened to feedback, and made changes for the better.

Not everything we do will meet with your approval, and we realise that. I have a lot more responsibilities now, and although I would love to sit and monitor this forum 24/7, like I used to, I just don't have the time. I'm not saying that this means things will not get done, but it does mean that it will take longer than it used to.

I've changed the colour for now, to make it "less hurtful to the eyes" as you guys were saying it was. We will try and improve it further over time, so please be patient. The red was only to match the look and feel of the forum to the site, which I have tried to keep by changing it from pure red to the colour value of header background on the main site.

Anyway, continue reporting bugs and giving us your feedback, we appreciate it.

Thanks,

Raaabo
Dear Raaabo,

Thanks for replying. The site imdeed DOES feel nicer now. But the ads are still mostly red in colour. Is there any possibility that the whole site could be re redesigned and red replaced with blue or green ? Blue is supposed to be the most eye friendly colour, but even then, too much bright colour is bad for the eyes. SKOAR! website looks very good, when we compare it to digit website. Perhaps take some cues from your gaming friends ?

As far as intergration is concerned, most of us feel that the existance of the Thinkdigit.com Forum is a special one, isolated and glorified. Most of us hang out here for a long time. So this has become more of a community hub than a marketplace. So why not try to bring back our old glory with the Kirch forum ?

As for Digit Magazine as a whole, it is strongly felt that its quality is detoriating. Not intending to ask much, but why is it so that a magazine so successful in an earlier format a couple of years back is turning to this state of art garbage ? It used to be much better before.

Items reviewed used to be the best of the best back then. Now, its all different.
On laptop reviews, you review 1 lakh 2 lakh wala laptops and models which are hardly expected to entertain the value concious Indian. While Dell XPS m1530 and Inspiron 1525 are missing, Vaio models find place. Compaq Laptops, the most feature for money laptops ever, are barely seen while HP's money suckers are found prominently.
The same fate has been suffered by mobile phones, mp3 players and other gadgets. Nothing is spared.
Prices quoted are so grossly different from market price, especially for Pendrives where its more than twice the street price.

Technology articles are no more as inspiring and entertaining as before. Why has this new fiction coloumn appeared ? We would have been much more happier if more coloums like take a crack appeared.

Fast tracks are diminishing. What were once valued guide/reference books are now just some plain articles. True, fast tracks are on their recovary process, and are getting better again, but they are not back to their old form yet where one could learn everything from a single book.

In most articles and tutorials these days, you are describing expensive paid softwares or sharewares. This makes people either loose intrest or pirate. Instead, you can concentrate more on free software.

Thanks,

MHG

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Excellent feedback MHG. I will look into trying to implement most of your suggestions in the coming months.

Oh, and members should know that we're on a big hiring spree, because we want to increase our team's size, so that we can bring in a lot more than even what MHG has suggested in his feedback.

If you're interested in working for digit, please mail your resumes to robert.smith at 9dot9.in. We have a very exciting time ahead, so I'm hoping that some of you will get a chance to be a part of the revolution.

And again, I apologise for my hiatus, but it's unavoidable, there's sooooo much to be done, and only 24 hours a day to do it in!

Raaabo

nihu

Broken In
Your new website!

Digit always make money from advertisement in magazine.we have to accept it for price control of mag.

But it seems very strange when one come to digit forum page and here also advertisement!!!!!

It seems that Digit is hosting this forum site by some free site provider,is it True? If yes is your answer than it is not fair for giant such as digit. It looks cheap.Your homepage thinkdigit.com is o.k. Problem is for forum only.

Money always matters!

Last edited:

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Neat Design..
But updating aritucles, download sections and news are too slow..
Downlaod section has a repeated word itself .. "New Release"
What is going on Digit R&D...

narangz

Web developer
Excellent feedback MHG. I will look into trying to implement most of your suggestions in the coming months.

Oh, and members should know that we're on a big hiring spree, because we want to increase our team's size, so that we can bring in a lot more than even what MHG has suggested in his feedback.

If you're interested in working for digit, please mail your resumes to robert.smith at 9dot9.in. We have a very exciting time ahead, so I'm hoping that some of you will get a chance to be a part of the revolution.

And again, I apologise for my hiatus, but it's unavoidable, there's sooooo much to be done, and only 24 hours a day to do it in!

Raaabo

Hello Raaabo,
May I know what type of job positions are open? I would love to work for Digit, the magazine which taught me so many things & bring it back to the old glory.

As far as the prices of products are concerned, it seems you guys are just printing the MRP of products.
Please keep in mind all classes of your readers- Rich, Upper Middle Class, Lower Middle Class while reviewing products & yes we will love to read reviews by normal users. You can start a section for Public reviewing of products.

The forum has too many bugs & I can't remember every single bug. Here's one- Post a visitor message to a user & you'll get an error. However the message gets posted & if you refresh the page you'll see the message.

Here's the screenshot:
*img78.imageshack.us/img78/5309/capturewq0.th.png

toofan

Technomancer
Heloo MHG,
Its a good work. You are showing them the mirror. Still Raboo is not replying about the site updating issue. Why dont you prepare a detailed list of all flaws they have. We all forum members will help you. There are lots and lots of bugs in this site also. But the main prob is with their magazine.

Digit Guys do some thing. You always boast about yourself.

And our loveable fasttrack is dying. From past 6 or 7 issues you only have one issue thats google google and only google . In between only one relevant issue was there.
vimal Joshi

Last edited:

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
I am just upset by seeing your new site. Its all rubbish .Its over months it has started and yet most of the links results in "No records found". And today is 4th of june and no signs of the latest issue. Whats is happening. where is that standard gone. Is the digit same as 1 or 2 year back. I think the quality of content has gone down(They are increasing the quality of paper although which is not required). Do something good now. Its enough.
Please do something to improve the magazine and website.
with best wishes.
Vimal Joshi

Excellent words...This is 100% true... You, the only guy who observed what i felt.
past 6 issues, digit standard and content quality has gone.. i dont know what's the reason..

Last edited:

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
new website is cool but older one give us info about the material of digit at last of every month but new one does not doing that..it should be corrected

S

Shubham.........

hello ,Raaabo

i hav to say that ur team must hav worked hard for this new website...

and it shows.....

but there some gliches present....

people love digit magazine so ur first concern should be the magazine
ur old website used to show the contents of the magazines plus whats in the CD,dvd as well

so plese improve upon it

as far ur website is concerned i m not pleased with it cause u have stressed more on videos and etc which is good but donot forget the magazine

try some mild colors .......
like crystal white or even mild blue.......

and why have u not mentioned ur tagline "YOUR TECHNOLOGY NAVIGATOR"

I COUD'NT FIND IT ANY WHERE

dont forget ur roots

now the magazine.......

lot of adds .......
but its ok i have no problem withthat becase its businesss
but if ur showing sho many adds then try increse the substantial matter in ur digit mags
:p:p:p:p:p

and do survey to know what people are interested in........so that u are able to satisfy them more

THank u

new website is cool but older one give us info about the material of digit at last of every month but new one does not doing that..it should be corrected
i think they going to surprise us by not updating thr anniversary issue on the website but it will be there on the stands........

good surprise if true.....

i hope this issue changes it all...............;-);-);-);-);-)

i think they going to surprise us by not updating thr anniversary issue on the website but it will be there on the stands........

good surprise if true.....

i hope this issue changes it all...............;-);-);-);-);-)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89843 <---- Detailed Preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom