Fedora Frog - FC's Answer to Automatix

Status
Not open for further replies.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
One reason that Fedora Core can be a bit difficult to new users is the number of things that must be set up after installation. There's Java, Flash, getting 3D running right, mp3's and a host of other items that you might want. Sure, you can read through the 'how-to's' and configure things yourself... OR... there's Fedora Frog, a nice tool that's been around since FC-4 to help configure things for you.

*easylinux.info/wiki/Fedora_frog

Well, we'd like to see this important tool available for FC-6 and beyond, but the developer is under some time constraints and needs help. If you'd like to participate, please go to the site and contact him as described under "Help Needed".

Source: *www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=136690

mediator

Technomancer
Now thats definitely nice! Good work man. Repping u up!
Here's some advice, Since u r doing a good work for fedora fans don't start different threads each time. Reason is threads go down in the long list of the section when not responded. I liked ur gaming thread too. Now just create a single thread entitled something like "Fedora, making life easy" etc and then post all the fedora related news there. If u keep posting news, help and other "how to's" there, it will stay on the top of other threads and might be made a sticky. Since I'm fedora fan too (not a fanboi!) so I'll too post related stuff there.
So u may request the mods to merge all ur Fedora related posts and news (give em the links) and give it a suitable heading. Wat say?

OP
subratabera

subratabera

Thanks mediator,

But as I am new here, I don't know too much about it. But I liked your suggestions very much and will keep my next findings in a dedicated fedora thread...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i tried it quite a few days back, and still its buggy but if u follow the instructions correctly i will do a fine job, but i still prefer doing things manully:)

@mediator
i will take care to add a deserving thread into the FAQ so ppl don't miss thread.

mediator

Technomancer
Thanx gary!
@Subratabera : U may change the title of this thread (ask mod 4 it). And ask them to merge starting from here itself or if they don't u may link those several threads here by giving their links here !! Lets show em how cool Fedora is! ;)

OP
subratabera

subratabera

OK. Let's do it...

I am starting a new thread posting all my Linux (basically Fedora) related findings there with links of my previous posts also...

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom