Federer v/s Nadal

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
abhi_10_20

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
Roger's to end the year as No.1 .... cheers....

Federer joins Pete Sampras, Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe and Ivan Lendl as the only men's players to end the season ranked No. 1 four or more times since the inception of the ATP rankings in 1973.

Source

OP
abhi_10_20

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
Wow....a semi-final clash b/w Roger and Rafa today..... would be a thriller... dont miss the action guys...:razz: 5 pm.. on Star sports...

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Federer all the way.But,I really like Nadal coz he pushes Federer to the limits esp in claycourt.Am hoping that Federer wins French Open this time>>

Dipen01

Youngling
lol we might have to add Djokovic in it...

Federer is getting rough day by day.. Dunno whats got into him :eek:

Nadal is doing steady progress overall..

mayanks_098

world is evil
Well im a huge Federer fan but going by the way he is playing and the way Rafa is playing. i would say Fed will have to come up with something really special,champion stuff out of no where to win his first title on Roland grros.
Its diss appointing to see Fed play like this.In the same mtach you can see multiple instances where he plays like a chapm and then like a rookie. :rolleyes:

Dipen01

Youngling
Even though i am huge Federer fan.. I am disappointed... Not because he lost.. and not because he lost so pathetically.. But the way he has been playing since very first match..

So many errors.. No classy winners.. Speed and Accuracy is missing and everything is getting worse day by day.. I dont think he is going to be able to defend Wimbledon at this level..

Rafa practically ran over him.. Even an unseeded player would have given a better fight.. Although nothing to take away from Nadal.. He was spectacular all the way..

Rafa has a great shot at wimbledon..

OP
abhi_10_20

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
I still feel Federer has good chance at Wimbledon.. Unforced errors :mad: Nadal dint do anything.. free points now and then.. thats all ... match over.. But, what i want to point out is, Federer's not as dominant as he was, in earlier days... If he gets this back, am sure no one can stop him..

mayanks_098

world is evil
A heartbroken Federer fan :( :((

Rafa won Wimbledon.What i match,certainly the best i have seen.The first two sets were a let down if you are a Roger fan then what a come back he staged.N finally lost in fifth set.Speechless,by the quality of the match and the loss of Roger.Rafa played magnificently.
Match was nothing short of a heart stopper,Longest men's singles final ever at Wimbledon.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
rafael Nadal proved what he is made of.Exquisite crosscourt vollyes,forehands,backhands served us towhat has been the greatest final of all times.The first two sets saw Federer totally a shadow of what he been in the championship so far.nadal was just too much for him.He came back in the next two sets which includeda miraculous tie break return from being 5-2 down to winning the 4th set. But Nadal deservingly lived his dream. And at the end, in the post match presentation when Federer said "I tried everything", it summed it all up. Take a bow Rafa, you gave us a new champion.

mayanks_098

world is evil
That double fault at 5-2 by Rafa could have killed many.May be we ll hear tomorrow how many people got heart attacks watching this great match.And to ease people who havent watched this final,well,dont worry,you dont get so lucky to have two opportunities to see a match like this in a lifetime.
Im privilidged to have seen the match,really.Even though Roger lost.

mayanks_098

world is evil
And Nadal hit some 6 aces i think(before his last game)?I dont remember his last serve game cause i lost sense till then.I was thinking that Roger will win after seeing how well he was serving,specially playing well on those crucial points when his serve was threadtened,hiitng those aces.And ofcourse,Federer was serving first on the final set.So i thought may be he will win after the way he came back and was playing till that 15th game. :( i watched in dis belief. In the fourth set also i had given on the chances of match being drawn into 5th set but that unusual double fault at 5-2 by Rafa made it possible.. Every moment was high tension.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea nadal with 6 aces and threedouble faults. I just cant forget that streching forehand by nadal that sizzled past federer. I mean, they played some shots that acc tome were humnaly impossible.They dismissed all laws of geometryand came up with their own angles.Exhillarating stuff.

mayanks_098

world is evil
One has to admire the ground coverage of Nadal. I had my jaw dropped many times when i saw Nadal running after everything, getting to almost every ball.He runs like a rabbit. He never gave a point till it was actually over. What a fighter,ill have to admit.
What passes he made,and yeah the angles...it will take some time for everyone,including both the champs to get over what happened today.
The main problem with Federer was inconsistency. I mean 50+ unforced errors, you dont expect that from a player like Roger.That was the problem at Roland Garros too.
and while,on the other hand,Nadal was hitting everything so accurately,comparatively.

goobimama

 Macboy
I don't know much about Tennis (other than Sania Mirza :p ), but from the looks of it Nadal seemed to be vying for Federer's title...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom