Fed up with slow internet speeds from Tata Photon+

Subro

Broken In
Hello friends, your help is again required in deciding what I should do. Since the last one year, I have been using Tata Photon+ with a plan 5GB Unlimited. According to this plan, I was told that till 5 GB, I will get 3.1 Mbps speed, thereafter my speed will reduce to 256 KBPS.

But in reality, I never get speeds more than 256 kbps, even if I haven't cross 5 GB data. And when my data usage crosses 5 GB , I can barely download something, as the speed reduces drastically to very low levels.

Recently I came to know that Reliance Netconnect offers 10Gb at 1000 rupees at 3.1 Mbps. So guys please sugget me that should I changeover to the Reliance plan. Is the Reliance plan good? Or is there any other plan by which I can get atleast around 1 Mbps speed. Presently I am paying 950 RUPEES for the Tata Plan. Please help me guys

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
There will be some lag or some problem with wireless connections. Most of Photon and Net connect probably work great in off times like early morning or late night.
If you can get a wired broadband. you can give Relaince a try nevertheless. But the service they provide here is bad[where I stay]

Tachyon1986

In the zone
There will be some lag or some problem with wireless connections. Most of Photon and Net connect probably work great in off times like early morning or late night.
If you can get a wired broadband. you can give Relaince a try nevertheless. But the service they provide here is bad[where I stay]

Well, I just tried your theory theTechFreak. It was dead slow even at 2 am last night , so there's no excuse for not returning it.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
all are one & same....

I too have Tata Photon+ & got speed 150 to 200kBps but I guess as more & more subscribers are added to pool the speed is divided among users also distance from its tower matters

thatsashok

peace panda
all are one & same....

I too have Tata Photon+ & got speed 150 to 200kBps but I guess as more & more subscribers are added to pool the speed is divided among users also distance from its tower matters

Exactly the truth. It depends on no.of users in the pool & distance from the tower.

This applies to all EVDO services.

OP
Subro

Subro

Broken In
So could you suggest a wired broadband connection which provides around 1 Mbps within 1000 Rs range?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Nothing like that. This thing applies to every connection whether its wreless or wired. Timing decides the load (obviously) directly proportional to no of users, hence difference in speed. Since wireless connections are more fluctuating and face more congestion, they see greater differences.

Lastly, its not like that photon+ is bad everywhere. I have used it extensively at Patna, & it easily gives 1mbps speeds. Wireless connections are totally are dependent, it may work good in my area, but not in yours. Again, depends on congestion & slots alloted by ISP.

I personally use MTS and I must say its the fastest connection I ever used in my life. It gives 4mbps speed at night and 2-3mbps rougly in day time.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@dashing.sujay I think its more persistent in wireless connections imo. I have seen way too many wireless users fed up than broadband users.
The thing is I have never seen a photon giving good performance although I have heard it giving good performance.
but most wired broadband connections remain costant throughout the day. My own wired BB connection more or less gives a effective download speed of 30 kbps. But the case is different for EVDO or wireless ones. My vodafone 2g sometimes give even speed of 30 kbps while download during early morning hours. But during the day or afternoon, speed is less than half of it.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
wat plan u use in mts and how much gbs?

799/- 6GB till 3.1mbps.

@dashing.sujay I think its more persistent in wireless connections imo. I have seen way too many wireless users fed up than broadband users.
The thing is I have never seen a photon giving good performance although I have heard it giving good performance.
but most wired broadband connections remain costant throughout the day. My own wired BB connection more or less gives a effective download speed of 30 kbps. But the case is different for EVDO or wireless ones. My vodafone 2g sometimes give even speed of 30 kbps while download during early morning hours. But during the day or afternoon, speed is less than half of it.

I already said that wireless connections are more congestion prone and thus fluctuate highly. Just that service matters area to area.

OP
Subro

Subro

Broken In
I live at a rented house, this is the reason I can't take a wired connection. Because with wired connection like BSNL, I will also have to buy a landline phone. That's why I prefer wireless connections. But know I am confused about which to take?

pratyush997

Inactive
Actually I also Use Tata Photon+ and it's the worst Usb MODEM That's why I took a BSNL broadband Connection which offers me 1 Mbps upto 8 GB and then 512 Kbps in 750 UL plan

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I live at a rented house, this is the reason I can't take a wired connection. Because with wired connection like BSNL, I will also have to buy a landline phone. That's why I prefer wireless connections. But know I am confused about which to take?

check which company are providing 3g services in your area?
3g is better than cdma in terms of stability..

OP
Subro

Subro

Broken In
Thanks friend, I will definitely find out bout 36 plans. Well about a year ago, I was using Tata Docomo 3G, the plan was 5 Gb at 3.1 Mbps at 1000 Rs. I was getting much higher speeds as compared to Tata Photon. Whenever I downloaded something from Torrent, I got around 700-800 Kbps speed as compared to only 200 Kbps (max) speed from Photon.

Thanks again

Top Bottom