February 2008 - Opinion Poll

What are your views on electronic publications?

• You just can’t beat the feel of paper

Votes: 77 35.5%
  • I only read small articles online; it’s still print for me

Votes: 91 41.9%
  • I’d rather read the electronic version than not read at all

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Dump paper! Save the trees! Make Digit an e-mag!

Votes: 38 17.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

narangz

Web developer
1. Reading from book is fun!
2. No need to sit in front of monitors & cause problems to the eyes.
3. You can mark on the book(I know its possible in some ebook apps but still).
4. You can read whenever, wherever you want using books.

So ebooks are a big NO!

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
The feel of paper is something really special...I wont ever get the feeling on a similar electronic publication.
Tried reading text on my pc,phone and even on my 30gb ipod....

Still I can sometimes go for electronic publications for saving a bit of my parent's hard earned money

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My vote is for I only read small articles online; it’s still print for me

Cause for long articles I only like to read printed stuffs :)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I never ever completed any e-book, I spent money on few ebook but in the end .. Paper book are your real friend !

Well, may be reading in handheld can be a option and save TREE man :)

zebanon

p@rkour
Ebook is a gud source of knowledge...but when everyone is grown up reading paper books; it's difficult but not impossible 2 neglect book reading..As tech is flowing now-a-days we can imagine a world of Ebooks on mobile n other portable devices.........:p

tuxfan

Technomancer
I chose option 2. Only small articles (or free e-books ;) ) online, rest all on paper. Sometimes I even print and read.

Eyes are blue, just lovely TWO.
Trees are many, plant some more honey.
:mrgreen:

Reading articles on screen is very tiring for the eye, even if it is the best monitor. Eyes are more precious than some trees.

BTW, ever thot about global warming due to more electricity consumed by reading those articles online? ;)

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^That global warming is much lesser compared to global warming caused by cutting trees.
I would go for option 3.
We already have Google for much of the information found in print publications :)

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
b)
Somethings like bits of news and tutorials are good on the PC but nothing like a nice stephen king book , some snacks, and a you tucked in your bed .. reading :) (painted ya a lil picture ;) )

santosh_thief

Right off the assembly line
b for me. but it would be good if the paper would be more coloured or something rather than the boring one. like reading school books.

deepumania

i would like to like to go for option "e"..thats my own option...y?read on

a:You just can’t beat the feel of paper--this option is true to some extent..but u have to refer to electronic media sometimes for full info..

b:
I only read small articles online; it’s still print for me--i think this is also true to some extent but u have to dig deep for more information..either u have to know full or dont know anything at all..half knowledge wont do

c:I’d rather read the electronic version than not read at all--but then its like saying id rather drink water than not drink at all..its not an option..its forced on u...

d:Dump paper! Save the trees! Make Digit an e-mag!--this is the worst option as far as digit people and digit readers are concerned....shelling down digit magazine vould be disastrous..its like "optimistic suicide"..this is not social service...v dont want anything free...give us gud service and charge us for it...v dont mind...digit and we would be at a loss...so as we readers

my option is "e"-dats my own option cos people's option keeps changing every millisecond..so as mine...i would not stick to one option..but change it according to my advantage...no option is an option...its vat u choose to do

wat dyu think guys??

arunnano

What are your views on electronic publications?

a) You just can’t beat the feel of paper
b) I only read small articles online; it’s still print for me
c) I’d rather read the electronic version than not read at all
d) Dump paper! Save the trees! Make Digit an e-mag!

Don't forget to tell us the reason for your selection. Post the same below when you vote in the poll :)

e-mag is more interactive

sauyadav

Broken In
E-Books are better for reference than primary medium of reading. They have more convenience i.e. you can search quickly, add as many bookmark as u want etc. But Real Books have real feeling;).

Although, it is better to read an E-Book if you can't have printed copy as anything is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom