February 2008 - Opinion Poll

What are your views on electronic publications?

• You just can’t beat the feel of paper

Votes: 77 35.5%
  • I only read small articles online; it’s still print for me

Votes: 91 41.9%
  • I’d rather read the electronic version than not read at all

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Dump paper! Save the trees! Make Digit an e-mag!

Votes: 38 17.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
I will go for option B. Because there is ease to read in paper media rather than electronic media. Yes small articals may be read in e-media. But it is painfull to read the whole mag like Digit and its fast track in electronic medea. Dont convert the mag into e-mag.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
C
I do prefer reading a book. But like to have ebooks for them as well. Its the best way to save the books as well as space.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
My Choice is A. Simply love reading on paper and hate reading online. Book, Magazines are a good time pass during traveling

antoniobc

Broken In
I've chosen choice 'b' cause, I'm introduced to topics or articles at the computer, so I don't mind reading small articles on the monitor. But it strains the eyes more. Hence nothing beats paper. Plus you can carry it around wherever you go, you can mark stuff casually whenever you feel like it.

Bottom line is that its just a more comfortable read.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
b) cant leave the comfort of reading from paper can read it in any place. but i read reviews and news on the net

summit.nayak

NOT a Fresh Stock
i agree that the comfort which we get when reading from a piece of paper is unbeatable but one can still argue on the point that this comfort for us, human being, has become a discomfort for nature.
hence i would choose the electronic way

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that Digit should also be available as an e-Magazine..... We can have both the editions running. :D

talkingcomet

Dragon Reborn
nothing beats the feeling u get reading digit in your garden chair over a cup of hot steaming coffee and feeling the evening breeze!!! +1 for paper magazines!!!!!

Last edited:

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
I ld anytime prefer the printed paper.
I can carry it anywhere I go.
Reading short reviews, short articles is ok on the web.
But to read entire articles on the web is a pain.
I like the printed one anytime.

Also I would not like to pay for the online magazine.
If ur giving it on the web then give it for free.

tent

Right off the assembly line
reading a e-mag always shall be a strain on ur eyes and pocket.
waiting for the day when broadband shall be free to all avbl alltime!

amol48

Searching...
I spend a long time online hence I also read online articles and won't mind spending time on that. But still whenever I am free, it's Paper print that I am interested in reading and not the e-books or e-mags. You can't beat the paper experience and comfort of reading.

goobimama

 Macboy
I'm not sure about reading entire books and novels, but reading magazines on a computer is definitely not tiring. In fact, eMags have some nice useful features like web links and search features which you can't get with a paper magazine. Also they are much easier to archive.

While reading the actual paper is pleasant, reading on a computer screen is not half that bad. And I would sacrifice the former for saving out environmental resources. And on the plus side, they will deliver right on time! :)

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
I have voted for A.
You can not access e-versions every time, every where. And to use it, you have any e-media, such as computer, Internet etc.You need power also. But paper publication is handy. You can use it anywhere, such as train, toilet etc.

Dumbledore

Journeyman
B for me. Even with laptops and palm readers, paper is here to stay. Atleast for me. But then. I like to read small articles, news, or snippets on my computer.

Paper is forever there to stay, atleast in the current world. You can perhaps supplement paper and occasionaly complement it with ebooks, but its still never truely replacable. I definitely am not against ebooks, but turning regular books to ebooks by getting rid of real books is riddiculous. As you may have seen, I have recently asked for digit to also be released as a monthly ebook. But that does not mean I want the real paper version stopped. Paper can just never be beaten by current technologies.

So I choose the first option. Paper is irreplacable.
And this was my 1000th post, btw.

Paper FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom