FDM or Orbit???

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Hi,
I have Windows XP SP3 installed. I'm confused whether to use Free Download Manager or Orbit as the primary download manager. Please suggest your views...

mohityadavx

Youngling
orbit is much better than FDM due to feature like Grab etc however i would suggest use to use Download Accelerator Plus as it really accelerate the speed use the free version no need to use the paid version. DAP free version is a lot better than orbit or FDM:-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
simply try all 3: FDM, Orbit & DAP. for me DAP works best. able to accelerate downloads by 35-40% when downloading from the download sites like Softpedia, majorgeeks, etc.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Depend's on your usage. If you download more web 2.0 stuff like videos etc. Get orbit. Otherwise i find fdm better

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
FDM is the best free download manager - I've used it for 2 years ( still my elder bro using this ) and after that I've switched to the best download manager on earth - ( No prize for guessing it though ! ) - it's IDM !

Still I'm using IDM version 5.18 ( released on oct 2009 ) and it suits my all needs perfectly.

Last edited:

Beck110011

Right off the assembly line
Well it depends on what you want to download and features you wish in a Download Manager. For me FDM works best, using it for almost 3 years. It has never let me down. In the beginning I tried almost all the download manager. The most funny was Direct Download plus which sometimes shows me speed of 1MB/s which my connection could never reach. LOL

D

Deleted member 26636

FDM is the best free download manager - I've used it for 2 years ( still my elder bro using this ) and after that I've switched to the best download manager on earth - ( No prize for guessing it though ! ) - it's IDM !

Still I'm using IDM version 5.18 ( released on oct 2009 ) and it suits my all needs perfectly.

does FDM or IDM have features like Orbit's getit or grabpro, grab++ to download videos from sites like Youtube & Vimeo?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
does FDM or IDM have features like Orbit's getit or grabpro, grab++ to download videos from sites like Youtube & Vimeo?

everyone has different needs - for me FDM was best and now IDM took the place ;-)

BTW, here's the features list of FDM :
*www.freedownloadmanager.org/features.htm

Here's feature list of IDM ( it has everything I need )
*www.internetdownloadmanager.com/features.html

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i prefer DAP. the interface of DAP is simple (google chrome extension doesn't work :sad:) & IDM (trial) was found to be slower. however all my friends use IDM & happy with it.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@nisargshah95: like ur siggy....:))

I use IDA & has been using it since 2005

for me its Firefox 4 + flashgot + IDA :)
others are also good such as IDM & FDM

IDA is paid app & not free.instead use DAP

Top Bottom