Fcuked up Nvidia service

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
OK guys , I had purchased a XFX 7600gt AGP card about a year ago which came with 3 year warranty . Recently i started noticing very high temperatures and frequent shutdowns which is when i discovered that the fan on my 7600gt was not working . As it was under warranty i gave my card to my dealer which he sent to xfx service centre known as Rptech service centre in lamington road mumbai. After about 20 days when i went to collect my card i was surprised and happy when they offered me a new box packed 7600gt card . But my joy did not last much when i noticed that the new card was of Pci-e platform and not agp . They said that agp cards are not available and they then offered me a refund of just rs 1200 .
Now remember guys , agp cards are hard to find and costly . I had purchased my card for rs 7350 . I did not accept the pcie card neither their refund .
Please suggest me guys , what should i do .

red_devil

Back!
They said that agp cards are not available and they then offered me a refund of just rs 1200 .
Now remember guys , agp cards are hard to find and costly . I had purchased my card for rs 7350 . I did not accept the pcie card neither their refund .
Please suggest me guys , what should i do .

arrey bhai...just take the new card and buy a mobo...and there is nothing else that u can do...

for 1200rs you get nothing...and without taking the card [or the refund] you will again end up with nothing... so just take the replacement that they offer, and get a new mobo and enjoy...

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
You dont understand it guys . I dont want to upgrade my system . Buying a new mobo will make my situation worse . I am using p43.4ghzEE running on socket 468 and 2gb of ddr1 400mhz ram . So if i buy a new mobo i will have to buy a processor and ram .
I want my old card repaired or 7k which was the actual price i paid for the card .
I have read somewhere that if they cannot repair my hardware then they have to refund me back the amount i purchased that stuff , then why the hell they are offering only 1.2k .

P.S i also have the original bill with me.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Def you can sue them and will win 100% in consumer court.I know it since i am a lawyer.
However remember the time it takes will be lengthy.
I suggest you try repairing the Fan yourself as the hassles of visiting the consumer court is not really worth it for just 7600gt card.
Dont take the PCie card as selling it wouldnt fetch you enough money,

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Def you can sue them and will win 100% in consumer court.I know it since i am a lawyer.
However remember the time it takes will be lengthy.
I suggest you try repairing the Fan yourself as the hassles of visiting the consumer court is not really worth it for just 7600gt card.
Dont take the PCie card as selling it wouldnt fetch you enough money,

If you are a lawyer then can you tell me how much they should refund me . I think that i should get full refun d and not just 1.2k crap .
Also i am thinking if i can write a letter to consumr court regarding the issue .

A

Ashishjethani

You are absolutely right. My GT 7300 with 512 MB ram stopped working 3 weeks back. Sent it to the service center right away since it was under warranty. I called them up after a week and they tell me its not got done and will take another 3 days. Called them on the 4th day and they tell me one week. After a week they tell me the card could not be repaired and has been sent to China for repairs. And they dont have a replacement to give me. I really wonder why they open service centers with such unqualified people who cant repair but have to send their merchandise to China for repairs. Now will wait for a week and see what next story they have to tell.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences, rohan and Ashish. But as a matter of clarification, it's not NVidia's fault as the thread title suggests. NVidia makes only the GPU and has no control over what gfx card manufacturers do with it. The fault lies with XFX, particularly their service in India. Indian branches often give their parent companies a bad name.

Some time ago, I ordered a Seagate 250GB hard disk from another city, but it was dead on DOA. The surge protection device was cracked and shorted. I sent it back to the seller and they took it to Seagate service center, but the Seagate people said that their warranty does not cover physical damage. So the seller sent it back to me.

I called the Seagate center and explained that the crack was caused by an electrical fault, not physical shock. They asked me to send it to them again, but I said that I did not want to risk wasting more money on courier charges in case they refuse to honour the warranty again.

I said that I would send a picture of the damaged part and they agreed to make a decision based on the picture. I sent the picture but they did not reply. I called them again a week later and they asked me to send the picture again. I did, but again no reply.

I then wrote to Seagate hqrs in the US. They said that it was covered by warranty and asked me to send it to the nearest Seagate service center. But I told them about my experience, so they wrote to Seagate service in India and instructed them to accept my hard disk.

Seagate India told me to send it to the nearest service center, so I again called the same service center and told them everything. They again told me to send the picture. I sent it again, but they never replied.

I gave up and kept the hard disk lying idle for quite some time. Luckily, I managed to repair it myself and am now using it in one of my computers at home.

A

Ashishjethani

ok, so it is something to do with the service centers in India. And if they are ruining the name of the parent compny, the parent company has to look into it cause for me it is Nvidia and not the service center that provides horrindous service as they have been appointed by the parent company and have to keep a check on what the service centers have been upto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom