Fastest Torrent Downloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
my choice is mu torrent.. i like azurise but it stucks my computer and slows down normal processes.. i think it eats up too many resource..

mario_pant said:
i have a DSL 8kbps airtel connection... i use uTorrent and get 64Kbps download speed....
but since two days due to glitch i have been getting 400 kbps and uTorrent is downloading at 380 - 395 kbps....

so basically uTorrent is my choice... but as in any scenario, you need PROPER settings!

is this true?? a 8 kbps connecion gives 64 kbps download speed..

as i can say in sify a 64kbps gives 8 kbps download speed.. and friends its ur service provider that decides to give u the amount of download speed.. say in sify what ever is ur speed divided by 8 is the download speed.. (i asked there technician) and by no means i can get more then it.. may be there is + or - by 1 or 2 kbps..

and so now i get 32kbps download speed with my 256kbps connection..

Last edited:

h_kunte

Journeyman
mario_pant said:
i have a DSL 8kbps airtel connection... i use uTorrent and get 64Kbps download speed....
but since two days due to glitch i have been getting 400 kbps and uTorrent is downloading at 380 - 395 kbps....

so basically uTorrent is my choice... but as in any scenario, you need PROPER settings!

@Mario

Could you please explain what you mean by the "proper" settings?? Waiting for a reply...

Thanx in advance

HK

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
@h_kunte - He means configuring your client optimally for your connection, for which several guides are present out there.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Ok, here you go.

Requirements:
  1. A torrent client
  2. A torrent site
  3. and a torrent.

Lol...

Ok so now get a good torrent client. We use uTorrent here. Get uTorrent @ www.utorrent.com .

Now go to a torrent site like, www.legaltorrents.com
Like this torrent of 2 Mb for example.
*www.legaltorrents.com/bit/freeculture.zip.torrent

Download that '.torrent' file and now open it with uTorrent. Either open or drag the torrent file into the uTorrent window.

That's it, you should now see it connecting to people who have that file (P2P) and your download should begin and complete eventually.

william

Journeyman
I don't have any idea about goot torrent downloaders for dial-up since i am using broadband i use uttorent and speed which i get is quite good . sometimes upto 36 KBps though this happened only one time.

Matrix

It's me.....
Almost All Bittorrent clients are good . But i think utorrent and Bitcomet are best torrent downloader. I have been using both of them for about 6months and i feel Bitcomet provides much better download speed then utorrent.
I am using 64KBPS Airtel Broadband connection and when i uses Bitcomet it provides me 128KBPS to 160 KBPS always after 10:30PM and during day time it provides me 110Kbps to 120KBPS speed.
Only few times i had got such speed in utorrent . while using utorrent higest speed variation is 128kbps from 120kbps after 10:30PM

Matrix - A Digitised World of Machines. If u wanna to Survive then fight with Machines .

shaunak

Tux Fan
Opera

why?
>no headache of extra sftwre
>integrated in browser
>didnt find any speed difference what so ever.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
BitTornado!!

I used BitTornado when I used Dial up. utorrent penalizes you incase you limit your upload (checked, tested and verified this a number of times) so it's not suited for dial-ups. BitTornado has Dial-up settings which is optimized for the speed you expect and the way your connection can perform.

P.S: I use utorrent, but I suggest BitTornado for dial ups and low speed connetions.

Last edited:

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
The download speed is dependent on a number of factors
1. Your connection speed
2. Seed/Peers' connection speeds
3. Number of seeds.
4. The tracker
With this said, I've used Azureus, Bitcomet & uTorrent and almost they gave the same speed for the torrent I tested (OpenOffice). However uTorrent is my choice as its light and does not hog system resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom