tkin

Back to school!!
My problem is similar to what's described here: Far Cry 3 engine problem? - AnandTech Forums
Post #17 lists the exact same issue I'm having, AMD problem?

gameranand

Living to Play
then its something else, i guess my problem is related to a stock bios for which the GPU is hitting power wall, i read it up, its all over there in notebookreview.

Well that sucks. :(

Is is just me or this game is actually very easy. Its not that I am not enjoying the game or there are no heart pumping actions but still, I feel like invincible in the game. Only thing that sometimes give challenge are Tigers or Leopards if I don't see them coming. :p

BTW in one camp, the camp was well protected and there was a cage with a tiger, so I didn't do anything rather than waiting on hill and enjoying the show. A leopard came out of nowhere and attacked the camp and somehow the tiger also got free and started attacking. Well there were around 8-10 pirates in that camp so basically those predators killed everyone and got killed with just one enemy remaining. I took a sniper shot and voila, camp liberated. :D

In another incident, I was going to a camp for liberation and hadn't saved the game for some time now, I mean I had acquired some Shark Skins, Bear Skins, Deer skin, 2 relic and game wasn't saved and then a tiger came out of nowhere to attack me. I was like please don't kill me, please don't kill me. He attacked and I started mashing Spacebar and then thankfully I was carrying Shotgun so no need to change and then BAM BAM and tiger dead. The first thing I did was Skin that sucker and then save the game. :p

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Well that sucks. :(

Is is just me or this game is actually very easy. Its not that I am not enjoying the game or there are no heart pumping actions but still, I feel like invincible in the game. Only thing that sometimes give challenge are Tigers or Leopards if I don't see them coming. :p

BTW in one camp, the camp was well protected and there was a cage with a tiger, so I didn't do anything rather than waiting on hill and enjoying the show. A leopard came out of nowhere and attacked the camp and somehow the tiger also got free and started attacking. Well there were around 8-10 pirates in that camp so basically those predators killed everyone and got killed with just one enemy remaining. I took a sniper shot and voila, camp liberated. :D

In another incident, I was going to a camp for liberation and hadn't saved the game for some time now, I mean I had acquired some Shark Skins, Bear Skins, Deer skin, 2 relic and game wasn't saved and then a tiger came out of nowhere to attack me. I was like please don't kill me, please don't kill me. He attacked and I started mashing Spacebar and then thankfully I was carrying Shotgun so no need to change and then BAM BAM and tiger dead. The first thing I did was Skin that sucker and then save the game. :p

Yep the game is pretty easy. The hardest animal was the black panther............man he takes away some serious health.

- - - Updated - - -

They introduced Dragons in FC 3:BD.
Man those thingies are near damn impossible to kill. Took me 10 mins to kill just one. I was sniping from a safe zone. They are so common, I mean they are around every corner.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

you fought the heavy? wildlife can't take them out. try liberating all camps with only melee & no alarm.

the AI is just crazy. they act on their own and never ever miss spotting.

tkin

Back to school!!
Heavies need a powerful sniper round to the head, after about 50% in game everything becomes easy, I only died during hunting mission where I had to melee animals to death :p

- - - Updated - - -

This is interesting: *www.tomshardware.com/forum/386883-33-strange-7870
Apparently its a problem with AMD 7xxx series, should have done research before buying, and that explains why a 580 ran the game perfectly, while a 280x has the micro stutter with the exact same hardware/software(OS) config, depressing :/

*techreport.com/review/24051/geforce-versus-radeon-captured-on-high-speed-video

Need to do more research on this, if this turns out to be true, this will be my last AMD card, I'd rather pay 20% more for a card than get these kind of issues.

gameranand

Living to Play
you fought the heavy? wildlife can't take them out. try liberating all camps with only melee & no alarm.
the AI is just crazy. they act on their own and never ever miss spotting.

Nope haven't encountered heavies yet, as for meelee. Why Meelee when I have Sniper, still I do meelee the ones which are not very hard to get, for others, specially snipers I use guns. :)

Heavies need a powerful sniper round to the head, after about 50% in game everything becomes easy, I only died during hunting mission where I had to melee animals to death :p

This is interesting: Strange lag on Far Cry 3 with HD 7870 - Graphics Cards - Graphics & Displays
Apparently its a problem with AMD 7xxx series, should have done research before buying, and that explains why a 580 ran the game perfectly, while a 280x has the micro stutter with the exact same hardware/software(OS) config, depressing :/

GeForce versus Radeon captured on high-speed video - The Tech Report - Page 1

Need to do more research on this, if this turns out to be true, this will be my last AMD card, I'd rather pay 20% more for a card than get these kind of issues.

Not all games face problems with AMD cards, only a few. Unfortunately FC3 is one of them, also problems most of the times go away with a little tweaking of settings and Radeon Pro. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
yo kejriwal so honest, he completed FarCry3 with one weapon holster and 500 bucks in wallet (dint kill a single animal)

Really. :D :p

Anyway, The Hunter path quest for Golden Tiger was with Bow and Arrow, I mean seriously they want me to kill a goddamn tiger with a arrow and bow. Had to kill him with knife, nasty business. :p

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Guys, I have played both FarCry 3 and Blood Dragon now, completed both.

I saw a strange thing in Far Cry 3. I'm on a Core i5 midrange laptop with 1 GB AMD graphics. So, its obvious the settings were lowest to get good fps/ playability. But, no matter what Video settings I chose, some shadows were following Jason all the time... It was like the cloud's shadow but it kept following. Many other funny things were happening in the graphics.

Can anyone explain what exactly happened?

And Blood Dragon was a funny game. :D

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys, I have played both FarCry 3 and Blood Dragon now, completed both.

I saw a strange thing in Far Cry 3. I'm on a Core i5 midrange laptop with 1 GB AMD graphics. So, its obvious the settings were lowest to get good fps/ playability. But, no matter what Video settings I chose, some shadows were following Jason all the time... It was like the cloud's shadow but it kept following. Many other funny things were happening in the graphics.

Can anyone explain what exactly happened?

And Blood Dragon was a funny game. :D

Update the game and it'll not follow you. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
So I was going to Liberate a camp silently. I saw a cage and a tiger or Leopard in it. Don't exactly remember what it was correctly. I just shot the cage and sit back and relaxed. That dude killed everyone and walked away from the camp, I was worried if the camp will be liberated or not because I shot just 2 bullet to free the tiger and thats it, camp liberated with Stealth and 1500 XP. I was like WTF, I felt that I should go and thank the tiger but then I'll have to kill him so I just let him go. :D

kartikoli

Busy!!
So I was going to Liberate a camp silently. I saw a cage and a tiger or Leopard in it. Don't exactly remember what it was correctly. I just shot the cage and sit back and relaxed. That dude killed everyone and walked away from the camp, I was worried if the camp will be liberated or not because I shot just 2 bullet to free the tiger and thats it, camp liberated with Stealth and 1500 XP. I was like WTF, I felt that I should go and thank the tiger but then I'll have to kill him so I just let him go. :D

Thats my faviorite style ... just grab a sniper and sit back

gameranand

Living to Play
Reached the 2nd Island. Also got most of the signature weapons. Just one remaining, the signature assault rifle is pure awesome. :)

kartikoli

Busy!!
You forced me complete bulletstorm quickly and now i am bust playing FC 3 , lots of hunting to do before i go for main missions, BTW i am on Citra's mission

gameranand

Living to Play
You forced me complete bulletstorm quickly and now i am bust playing FC 3 , lots of hunting to do before i go for main missions, BTW i am on Citra's mission

If you take my advice then complete the missions till you get to second island and then go hunting. Because then all the skills are unlocked, you can get any weapon you want, can do anything. You know more freedom. But before that do all the crafting of bags and all so that once you start liberating camps you get Animal Hunter quests for Rare animals and complete those crafting to full. :)

Top Bottom