Far Cry 2 will have DRM like Spore with some tweak for users

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijit_2404

still find time for games
Get ready to encounter similar restrictions like Spore with the PC version Far Cry 2.
According to Ubisoft Forum Master "bukowski113," the PC version of the upcoming FPS will contain the same digital rights management courtesy of SecuROM. Luckily though, it will contain a few tweaks giving users a bit more freedom with their installs.

These are the tweaks for the users:
  1. User have five activations on three separate PCs.
  2. Uninstalling the game "refunds" an activation. This process is called "revoke," so as long as user completes proper uninstall he will be able to install the game an unlimited number of times on three systems.
  3. User can upgrade his computer as many time as he wants (using revoke system).
  4. Ubisoft is committed to the support of their games, and additional activations can be provided.
  5. Ubisoft is committed to the long term support of the game: User'll always be able to play Far Cry 2.
:cool:

So what you guys think ????

With some less-restrictive approach with DRM, will FarCry2 be able to sell more legal copies and attract more genuine users to buy the game??? Or it'll be pirated as or more than Spore ???

What's your view? :)

[source] here ...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Oh so suck-your-rom improves in terms of installation.This is atleast better than the previous policy of limiting installations on a single PC.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Steam FTW??? :confused: I think it Steam is rediculous, the bloody thing didnt even let me play a demo with out downloading updates :mad:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
*imgs.xkcd.com/comics/steal_this_comic.png

the devil is more dominating in game industry

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^already read them, mostly Cyanide
Dig the archives of Doctor Fun, its another great comic
*www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/df200505/df20050520.jpg

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
the thread got nicely sidetracked to webcomics..

btw thanks for the other names.. till now i only read xkcd.. it is super cool.

You guys have to read *questionablecontent.net/ from the beginning. it is really nice.. sorta like the Friends tv show .. only better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom