Far cry 2 query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Recently i have visited ubisoft for online purchase of FC2.
But in the requirement they have given 12 GB hdd space, while in the below given:
"Download file size 3.7 gb."
please tell me what is this means?
I have not more information about online download.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Recently i have visited ubisoft for online purchase of FC2.
But in the requirement they have given 12 GB hdd space, while in the below given:
"Download file size 3.7 gb."
please tell me what is this means?
I have not more information about online download.
That's an approximation of the HDD space which is required by the game, which is completely wrong. The game has a download & install size of not more than 4GB.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@Amir.php, don't buy Far Cry 2. It's not worth buying. There are better games like Assassin's creed, Left4Dead, DeadSpace, Prototype etc etc.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Thanks Ethan for these important information.
And desibond thanks, i will remember your suggetion...
Actually i am always a biggest fan of farcry, hl2 and gta.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
FC2 isnt worth to buy an original :-D

get originals of those which has gr8 online capability.

And whete is the 3.7GB specified?
Ubisoft site or ny illegal/warez site?

normally torrent/warez ones will be highly compressed for easy download. They use high compressions like UHARC or the likes. So after extracting the contents it migh probably be double or more of its original size.

and the developer is assuming we are installing in C:\ partition and they estimate the recommended free space taking into account
*space for installation
*swaps
*temps
*saves and profiles
*and some miscellaneous

so it might be 12Gb in this case:p

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
No warez or illegal site.
Here is link:
*Digitalstore.ubi.com/6637/Product/Buy-Far-Cry-2-(Pre-Order)-Download
BTW thanks to you also.

cyborg47

Technomancer
go for any other game like call of duty world at war or any other which has a good multiplayer option......farcry 2 is not worth buying original...

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Now i have purchased it.
Not played more, but Not so bad.
Looks Dunia engine developer have created a new game mixure from some popular games:
1. Story idea from Gta 4.
2. Environment some from crysis and some farcry.
3. Half life2: Only Fps view in cars also.
4. Basic AI: Makes it farcry 0 not 2.
In the last... "Maleria wala player" needs anytime medicine.
But looks cool for average gamer..and run fast in comparison of crysis on highest setting on 2 gb ram and 8400 SE.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Will farcry2 work with my 9400gt card?

farcry2 running very well on my 8400 se(high setting with 4x AA) without slowing game. Your card is more powerfull so no doubt it can render game more fast on very high setting also.
I have average system:
intel dual core, 2 gb ddr2 677 mhz, xpsp3, nvidia 8400SE.
Hope you have more powerfull system than my....Farcry 2 will definitly run faster on very high setting with 4x to 6x AA.
By default if sysem takes low setting..Dont bother...Go to graphics setting and set very high for all.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@Amir.php, what resolution? Did you check if it's 800x600 or even lower? If that is the resolution, then playing at that resolution on LCD monitor totally removes the visuals and is not at all worth playing.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
@Amir.php, what resolution? Did you check if it's 800x600 or even lower? If that is the resolution, then playing at that resolution on LCD monitor totally removes the visuals and is not at all worth playing.

Hi, i always play my every game at resolution 1024*768...And for farcry2 also.
After installing every i do first task to set its resolution to 1024*768@75 hz(my crt monitors optimal resolutin )if not by defaut.
I dont like to play any games at 800*600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom