[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay..
It's not under warranty.

I don't want them to flash anything, just replace battery. Nothing else.

Another update..
As I checked with Lenovo/Moto service center, they don't have Lenovo K6 Power Battery.

Where I can buy original battery? Online or local?

It would be better to get a new phone.

If you still need to replace the battery look for some market in your local area which has lots of phone repair shops ( like the area in Kolkata, fancy Market ). If you get lucky the battery can be replaced with a new one but there's low quality compatible and counterfeit products available as well which will cause many issues later. So for going for a new phone makes more sense.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I don't want them to flash anything, just replace battery. Nothing else.

Another update..
As I checked with Lenovo/Moto service center, they don't have Lenovo K6 Power Battery.

Where I can buy original battery? Online or local?
Yes, they will just replace the battery if you want.
But Lenovo might have stopped the production of K6 battery long time back. So, no chance of getting it from them. Try your luck online sellers or local shops. But getting the genuine battery for K6 is rare now.

Same thing happened with me when my One plus one battery died and One plus stopped the production of the battery. Had to buy duplicate battery from Amazon.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
It would be better to get a new phone.

If you still need to replace the battery look for some market in your local area which has lots of phone repair shops ( like the area in Kolkata, fancy Market ). If you get lucky the battery can be replaced with a new one but there's low quality compatible and counterfeit products available as well which will cause many issues later. So for going for a new phone makes more sense.

It's backup phone, only changed battery locally since purchased.. otherwise Mobile working fine.
Now that local battery not working after 2 months.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's backup phone, only changed battery locally since purchased.. otherwise Mobile working fine.
Now that local battery not working after 2 months.

This is the issue with local batteries .. even old candy bar original nokia pone battery do not last log. It's not processing power but battery which is crucial for phones nowadays for most users.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Yes, they will just replace the battery if you want.
But Lenovo might have stopped the production of K6 battery long time back. So, no chance of getting it from them. Try your luck online sellers or local shops. But getting the genuine battery for K6 is rare now.

Same thing happened with me when my One plus one battery died and One plus stopped the production of the battery. Had to buy duplicate battery from Amazon.

+1 to oneplus

I do own OnePlus x, with Battery issue (need that battery replacement too )
Phone is working great and is more rough and tough.

As for as I know, only way for genuine battery with 90% chances are service center. (10% for fraud service centers).

Chris_steve

Broken In
Just learn as you go. Not sure how many bugs OP 10 pro's UI has, but otherwise it's still ok. Definitely, it's no longer a contender for top android UI, Samsung has that IMO.
Thanks, next time I'll get a Samsung phone or Xiaomi phone but for now, I'm gonna use this OP10 Pro. The back of the phone looks dull so I might get phone skins on it!

Last edited:

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Is there any mobile operating system developed by an Indian that operates without the use of Google-related applications?

I am referring to a system without Google apps, the Google Marketplace, or any foreign services - one that is entirely of Indian origin.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Is there any mobile operating system developed by an Indian that operates without the use of Google-related applications?

I am referring to a system without Google apps, the Google Marketplace, or any foreign services - one that is entirely of Indian origin.
Custom ROMs with Indian developer.
Then don't install gapps after flashing that ROM.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
And lets call it Bharat OS.
*t.me/techleakszone/3757?single

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230928/e52bf0a537d998b6c3e71a6d34f46f20.jpg
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230928/dea97c7e4d978d892eab28ff2b2e8ace.jpg
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230928/bd8e20ec75b8939cc9bc6d2714741f68.jpg
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230928/98b4d85f326fbb37e4683bdb1984bf69.jpg

BREAKING: India's indigenous BharOS Leak shows its a fork of GrapheneOS

BharOS source-code has been leaked as its GitHub repositories have been made public by mistake

NOTE: Repos have been made Private again, but NO need to worry since its already been forked
Here is the Forked GitHub Repo of BharOS

Now BharOS is India's "indigenous" Mobile OS developed by IIT Madras which is made for those who have stringent privacy & security requirements and where users handle sensitive information.

But if you look clearly in the leaked repos, BharOS is literally a FORK of GrapheneOS with some added commits

Things forked from GrapheneOS to indigenously developed BharOS include Settings App, Camera App, Frameworks Base, Platform, Manifest, Setup Wizard, Updater etc

In short, everything has been forked
But ironically, IIT Madras director claimed that it took them " 1 year" to develop the system

Click HERE to know what actually happened with BharOS

Follow @TechLeaksZone

Last edited:
Top Bottom