[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
My bad. Found it. But it only restricts mobile data and not WiFi. Any non root app except greenify which helps us to achieve the same app by app?
Greenify prevents apps from running in background and not block them from using internet. I still don't know why it's not working for Wi-Fi for you since it works fine for me.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Greenify prevents apps from running in background and not block them from using internet. I still don't know why it's not working for Wi-Fi for you since it works fine for me.
Because there is no option for restricting wifi in Galaxy and Moto phones.

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Some privacy related question about Google forms...
Our institute wants us to fill Google form, link submitted to our email addresses.

When I opened Google form, it wants us to use Google account to sign in.
(What I know about this option limits response per account)
But I don't want to share my google account details / gmail address to anyone.

So by signing in to Google account for filling Google forms, my email/gmail address will be revealed to "Google form Creator"?

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I opened that form link on Chrome mobile..
The name and photo associated with your Google Account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form. Not xyz@gmail.com? Switch Account

^
Institute finally agreed to offline forms. :p

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
One more question..
I accidentally deleted YouTube playlist saved on mobile YouTube app. I deleted that through Google activity control. I was deleting other history but accidentally deleted those saved playlist activity on Google activity control.
Is there any way to restore, get it back those playlist? I can't remember all playlist names,
Thank you.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
One more question..
I accidentally deleted YouTube playlist saved on mobile YouTube app. I deleted that through Google activity control. I was deleting other history but accidentally deleted those saved playlist activity on Google activity control.
Is there any way to restore, get it back those playlist? I can't remember all playlist names,
Thank you.

Not possible.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Need suggestions.. my device = Redmi Note 4 Mido.
Which Custom ROM you use?
Earlier I was using Resurrection Remix OS (till pie), but development stopped for it with no future..
I tried several custom roms - pixel experience plus, havoc os etc but they don't have all features like Resurrection Remix OS..
anyone tried? As of now using HAVOC OS
(XDA does not answer these type of questions, so asking here)
Available Android 10 Custom ROMs = Forum on XDA Developers

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Need suggestions.. my device = Redmi Note 4 Mido.
Which Custom ROM you use?
Earlier I was using Resurrection Remix OS (till pie), but development stopped for it with no future..
I tried several custom roms - pixel experience plus, havoc os etc but they don't have all features like Resurrection Remix OS..
anyone tried? As of now using HAVOC OS
(XDA does not answer these type of questions, so asking here)
Available Android 10 Custom ROMs = Forum on XDA Developers
I use Evolution X on my Mi A1 and DerpFest on Redmi 3S. Before that I was using AOSPExtended (AEX) ROM.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think video calling is possible. Android naively doesn't support it. or say, there is no built in apps to use front cam other than face unlock thing in Android 4.0 but Skype or such apps can use it.

I'm not sure you are referring to which post. But Android 4.0 is looong gone. If you are for some real advice ( not any sort of spam ) it's time for you to move to the latest stable version of android and hopefully a new device as well.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
One question..
Do service center provide service for custom rom installed device?

I have lenovo k6 power, which battery I need to replace. I already installed local battery earlier which didn't last long.
And I am not able to boot up and backup data and reflash stock rom.
Now I want to try original battery from Lenovo Service Center..
Will they provide service for mobile or deny it? also any possibility that they will flash stock rom without asking?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
One question..
Do service center provide service for custom rom installed device?

I have lenovo k6 power, which battery I need to replace. I already installed local battery earlier which didn't last long.
And I am not able to boot up and backup data and reflash stock rom.
Now I want to try original battery from Lenovo Service Center..
Will they provide service for mobile or deny it? also any possibility that they will flash stock rom without asking?
Is it under warranty ?
Check with Lenovo customer care if they provide service for out of warranty. Obviously it will be chargeable if its out of warranty.

They don't care if you have stock ROM or Custom ROM. They will just inform you that they will flash it to factory settings and don't take backup also (as its customers responsibility of the data backup)

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Is it under warranty ?
Check with Lenovo customer care if they provide service for out of warranty. Obviously it will be chargeable if its out of warranty.

They don't care if you have stock ROM or Custom ROM. They will just inform you that they will flash it to factory settings and don't take backup also (as its customers responsibility of the data backup)

Okay..
It's not under warranty.

I don't want them to flash anything, just replace battery. Nothing else.

Another update..
As I checked with Lenovo/Moto service center, they don't have Lenovo K6 Power Battery.

Where I can buy original battery? Online or local?

Top Bottom