fanATIcs vs NVidiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

first veer, it's easy to mask your IP address, i m doing this from years, so don't say such lame questions

2nd, Me against ATI, man the card ANIDEX have I had that card long ago (2 months ago), I had a Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro, & belive me I Likes the Quality, but feature wise it was nothing compared to NVIDIA FX series, thats Y I switched to FX insted of radeon 9800 Pro

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Could we put an end to the topic please.... ATI , NVIDIA both are good... performance wise ATI is better but if you look at the price to performance ratio well NIVIDA is way better. Whats the point in havin an amazing graphics card if its not made vaible to the public. As a pure HW enthusiast I would go for an ATI but price constraints are a fact of life and well tho there is a diff in the ATI performace it doesnt warrant that kind of price ...I wouldnt pay 400 $ for a card which has a small diff in the benchmarks over the nvidia one...

my two bits...

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Good thing i dint get myself involved in this ..............there was a another topic like this before and i was involved in it, but after some time it got ugly and things went outta hand. I'd rather see and end to this topic rather than continuing it fwd !

G

gxsaurav

10 pages, it is never ending, but it's better then running & arguing in 5 thread like this

demoninside

In the zone
Ya it is gxsaurav
I m sure ur right, but guess veer is not far behind (as far as ip changing it's like to be the work of kids &don't even needed if ur on dial up so leave that pert nd i m not blaming some fact i just said so cause u look like his great fan).
any way each nd every one know, it's always ATi first when come about quality & durablity, as well as prise .
But talking about performance it's always NVIDIA where we trust
nd pls veer optimazation is not cheating what u have said.
so guys pls try to accept what is there nd both have there own +points
as well as there -points so pls guys try to listen to what other want to tell u.
pls listen to them too,
as far as that moron who have compared 9800 to 6800
leave him but i think no standerd is been declared for x800 is there.
so guys, I m a hardcore ATi fan but know where i'll find GF better

[flAsh]

In the zone
Look guys offlate ATi r optimising there catalyst drivers to support more games. Also sum games like Hal-life2 r optimised 2 run better on Ati than on nVidia cards. just opposite is the case in Doom3 Id always favoured nVidia over Ati and Valve favoured ATI over nVidia.
That's it.

crusader77

Broken In
I think this guy is just getting a kick outa arguing.. nothing can change facts.. now pls. end this, its really getting outa hand...

veer

Broken In
gxsaurav said:
first veer, it's easy to mask your IP address, i m doing this from years, so don't say such lame questions
Using Proxies, yes you can. But I'm not using any as I am not afraid of anything. If you trace back my IP, you'll get the legit ISP of my country. A masked IP address will only lead to well know proxy servers. I dont know about you gxsaurav but using a proxy here means either you are paranoid or upto something fishy.

gxsaurav said:
2nd, Me against ATI, man the card ANIDEX have I had that card long ago (2 months ago), I had a Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro, & belive me I Likes the Quality, but feature wise it was nothing compared to NVIDIA FX series, thats Y I switched to FX insted of radeon 9800 Pro
What feature does the 5000 FX series have that the Radeon 9800 series doesnt have ? Crappy shader performance ? Please, dont try to kid me with your biased decisions or purchases. I dont care if you go out and buy a XGI card and try to justify it as the most feature rich card ever.

icecoolz said:
I would go for an ATI but price constraints are a fact of life and well tho there is a diff in the ATI performace it doesnt warrant that kind of price ...I wouldnt pay 400 $ for a card which has a small diff in the benchmarks over the nvidia one...
What are your smoking ? ATI prices are same as Nvidia and in most cases cheaper than Nvidia.

Nvidia 6800 Ultra - ATI X800 XT PE - $499
Nvidia 6800 GT - ATI X800 Pro - $399
Nvidia 6800 - ATI X800 SE - $299
Nvidia 6600GT - ATI X700 XT - $199
Nvidia 6600 - ATI X700 - $149

demoninside said:
But talking about performance it's always NVIDIA where we trust nd pls veer optimazation is not cheating what u have said.
From the past 2-3 (since the 9700 era) ATI has always been better in performance, quality & features. The only extra thing 6800 series has is PS3.0 which is practically useless for now and will probably be useless till PS4.0 is out.

About optimization, I'm all for optimizing but there is a big difference between optimizing without losing quality and with losing quality. Nvidia did the latter to gain almost 45% gain in 3DMark03. When caught with their pants down, Nvidia didnt even confess up like ATI did. ATI's optimizations yeilded 3-4% increase because they didnt sacrifice quality. Anyway, what Nvidia did was outright wrong and all the consumers (owners of Nvidia cards) deserved an apology from Nvidia which is still due.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
veer said:
What are your smoking ? ATI prices are same as Nvidia and in most cases cheaper than Nvidia.

Nvidia 6800 Ultra - ATI X800 XT PE - $499
Nvidia 6800 GT - ATI X800 Pro - $399
Nvidia 6800 - ATI X800 SE - $299
Nvidia 6600GT - ATI X700 XT - $199
Nvidia 6600 - ATI X700 - $149

Would love to know where you got those prices from. I froogled it for just ATI x800 and heres what I got:

*froogle.google.com/froogle?scoring=p&q=ATI+X800&btnG=Search+Froogle&sa=N

dont see any SE's and everything starts at around 400 $ mate.

Heres the froogle result for ATI X700 XT -

*froogle.google.com/froogle?scoring=p&q=ATI+X700+XT+

ur right there it does start around 200 $

Heres the froogle list for XT 700 starts around 185$

*froogle.google.com/froogle?scoring=p&q=ATI+X700&btnG=Search+Froogle

wonder how u got those prices...hmmm...

veer

Broken In
icecoolz said:
Would love to know where you got those prices from. I froogled it for just ATI x800 and heres what I got:

*froogle.google.com/froogle?scoring=p&q=ATI+X800&btnG=Search+Froogle&sa=N

dont see any SE's and everything starts at around 400 $ mate....
These are MSRP direct from ATI & Nvidia. Look at Pricewatch.com, ATI & Nvidia's websites, you'll find these prices.

icecoolz said:
ur right there it does start around 200 $...
All the prices I listed are MSRPs direct from the company's websites, I'm not making them up.

icecoolz said:
wonder how u got those prices...hmmm...
Again, check the websites. :roll:

demoninside

In the zone
cool up dude(veer) u r not afraid of any think cool up we r not blamming u for some disgusting fact we all know anidex is a personality & we love to get him back so no way he wanna chang up for some crappy ting.
So chill yaar "kyno gussa karta hai pai"
any way if u'll talk about ISP and country S**T u know i think u can always chnage connectivity i u know than no proxy method just get hold any ISP nd any country so cool up i m not blamming.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
we all know anidex is a personality

if anidex has a bit dignity left he should never come back and never post again after such announcement.

but what............ he is shamelessly back . bad ....very bad :? .

you shud never had announced somethin like that
:eek:

veer

Broken In
demoninside said:
any way if u'll talk about ISP and country S**T u know i think u can always chnage connectivity i u know than no proxy method just get hold any ISP nd any country so cool up i m not blamming.
Dont know what you mean by that. Getting hold of any ISP & any other country wont help you hide your IP. Anyway, its upto the mods to look into this. You, me or anybody else have do not have any right to accuse that two users are the same without the proof to back up those statements.

tarey_g said:
if anidex has a bit dignity left he should never come back

but what............ he is shamelessly back . bad ....very bad
Dont know what issues you had with Anidex but to me only he looked like the person who knew what he was talking about.

demoninside

In the zone
Ya it's right veer and i have to accept it, that anidex is a person who knowes what he is saying.
and teray_g
i guess u r a moron who says leve a place due to some announcement stop kidding me.
We have stoped him, guess u haven't gone for the thread were we asked him to stop, even i personally ask him to stop so stop this type of S**t.

demoninside

In the zone
sorry veer can't tell u about changing connectivity here, by this u can hide ur ISP nd ur country till an extend, Hackers use it mostly so.........

veer

Broken In
demoninside said:
sorry veer can't tell u about changing connectivity here, by this u can hide ur ISP nd ur country till an extend, Hackers use it mostly so.........
Hey, I was not asking how to do that ... ;)

I am not upto something fishy hence I dont need any of such measures. :)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
veer:

Checked the sites:

Pricewatch - If what they say is true then a Geforce 6800 is available for 142 $ ???!!! I clicked on the link and it was for alas...a 6600. Hmmm...doesnt say much for the credibility for pricewatch....dont believe me go check it urself...

Went to the ATI shop and guess what...no XT800 SE's...

*shop.ati.com/searchresults.asp?search=keyword&search_field=description&search_criteria=X800

As you can see there are the X800 pro and the X800 PE with the prices mentioned...I never doubted u on that...I was only refering to the prices of the SE's which I dont seem to be able to find anywhere...nor in pricewatch or in ATI....hmmm... Lets investigate further...

This is what I searched for in the ATI shop when I wanted to search for X700 and guess what:

*shop.ati.com/searchresults.asp?search=keyword&search_field=description&search_criteria=X700

yup...the search returned no results....hmmm...

Price watch has it listed but only the X700 pros at 250 dollars....for that I can get a BFG nividia 6800 mate...

Still waitin for the mysterious SE and the X700 (non pro) ....

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
demoninside said:
Ya it's right veer and i have to accept it, that anidex is a person who knowes what he is saying.
and teray_g
i guess u r a moron who says leve a place due to some announcement stop kidding me.
We have stoped him, guess u haven't gone for the thread were we asked him to stop, even i personally ask him to stop so stop this type of S**t.

hey u can see my posts on 'that' thread too . i agree that anidex is a person who knows what he is saying but he is a ati fanboy and he cant see beyond that . secondly that thread was total crap started by some one called fbi who knows fbi???????????

demoninside

In the zone
tarey_g said:
demoninside said:
and teray_g

hey u can see my posts on 'that' thread too . i agree that anidex is a person who knows what he is saying but he is a ati fanboy and he cant see beyond that . secondly that thread was total **** started by some one called fbi who knows fbi???????????

what ever but i also count my self as his fan but yes he don't look what other is tring to say..

veer

Broken In
icecoolz said:
Pricewatch - If what they say is true then a Geforce 6800 is available for 142 $ ???!!! I clicked on the link and it was for alas...a 6600. Hmmm...doesnt say much for the credibility for pricewatch....dont believe me go check it urself...
Pricewatch has thousands of such links, they cant verify each and every link. Its the responsibility of the hardware website to report and correct their own links. Looks like you heard about Pricewatch for the first time and hence the apprehension.

icecoolz said:
Went to the ATI shop and guess what...no XT800 SE's...

*shop.ati.com/searchresults.asp?search=keyword&search_field=description&search_criteria=X800

As you can see there are the X800 pro and the X800 PE with the prices mentioned...I never doubted u on that...I was only refering to the prices of the SE's which I dont seem to be able to find anywhere...nor in pricewatch or in ATI....hmmm... Lets investigate further...
ATI will never sell the X800 SE's on their websites, only ATI's AIB partners will. The X800 SE does exist, it will be available soon. You dont look like you are up to date with the latest news .... This article is about one month old: *www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20040904105510.html

icecoolz said:
This is what I searched for in the ATI shop when I wanted to search for X700 and guess what:

*shop.ati.com/searchresults.asp?search=keyword&search_field=description&search_criteria=X700

yup...the search returned no results....hmmm...

Price watch has it listed but only the X700 pros at 250 dollars....for that I can get a BFG nividia 6800 mate...
Considering the X700 was launched recently, it will show up soon. You are one hell of an impatient guy. Nvidia 6600 started showing up in retail almost 2 months since they were officially launched, ATI took only 2 weeks. You are complaining on that ? Head over to HardOCP site and you'll find that X700 Pros are already available at BestBuy.

And that price of $250 is inflated. ATI's MSRP is $199, so those guys are violating that.

And please dont try to kid me, show me where I can find a BFG Nvidia 6800 for $250. I'm sure you'll try wriggle out of this now. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom