Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! my cpu configuration is below--
amd athlon x2 260 3.2 ghz proceesor
4gb starlite ddr3 1333 ram
gigabyte 78lmts2p motherboard
iball lpe223-400 smps
lg l1515s tft monitor

as suggested by the other members ,i bought the 6670 1gb ddr5 today!
but i have some questions--

1.windows 7 rates the card as 7.1 whereas others told that it shows 7.5!why is it?

2.i was installing a game.. i entered the 2nd dvd..suddenly the screen went blue,it had many things written on it..at lower side it was written physical dump memory!what happened??

3.in dxdiag,my video memory is being shown 2043mb..why is it??

4.when i had no gpu, i can increase my resolution to upto 1280*768..but after installing the gpu,i can not increase my resolution..it is fixed at 1024*768..at higher resolution ,it is showing 'out of range'!!what is the cause??

pleasee help..

dibya_kol

In the zone
never bothered about windows ratings it's a joke for me.
That blue screen is called BSOD. Follow the steps ..
1. Install drive sweeper.
2. Uninstall ur current driver.(dont reboot)
3. Open drive sweeper and clean everything related with display(nvidia or amd).
4. Reboot.
5. Install letest whql driver(or beta, or driver comes with cd).
6. Reboot.

Follow the steps and if problem persist then u might need to format ur os as well.
reinstall driver

** for drive sweeper, search in google.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
3.in dxdiag,my video memory is being shown 2043mb..why is it??

4.when i had no gpu, i can increase my resolution to upto 1280*768..but after installing the gpu,i can not increase my resolution..it is fixed at 1024*768..at higher resolution ,it is showing 'out of range'!!what is the cause??

dibya_kol

In the zone
don't be too happy, if the label on the box shows ur card's vram is 1gb, then it is 1gb. And follow the steps, it might solve ur res problem as well. BTW what is ur max res ?

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
i am not happy..my integrated graphics also used to show the same vram..

earlier my monitor could run 1280*768 resolution(maximum)..but now it is fixed at the native resolution of 1024*768!

Sujeet

Undead!!!
dxdiag total Vram available on system by adding vram of each Gpu ..both dedicated and integrated.
1gb of your 6670+1Gb of Integrated gpu =2048mb=2gb.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Lol man you seriously don't know what you're doing. If your monitor is 1024x768 then it's that much only you cannot increase more than that. And do you want to play games or check your vram with GPU? Just run any new game and if it runs smoothly you'll again feel happy :)

Sujeet

Undead!!!
1.Windows Performance rating is not just defined by a particular Hardware component.
Which means that just becasue someones PC's a GPU shows 7.6 in Graphics Performance Index doesnt means that its a standard value for that card across all possible PC configurations.
The index/score is determined by combined performance of current windows version,driver version being used,CPU's Complimentary Performance etc.Dont Judge The performance by windows PC Performance Index.Its a RELATIVE score not a DEFINITIVE one.

2.Download Clceaner.Run A Scan.Do A Cleanup.

3.Already Answered.

4.Most Probably You are still using the Drivers that came with your card on CD.Download the latest DRIVERS.

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
It supports a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768 at 32-bit color depth and has a response time of 25 ms. While the whole world is aiming to reduce the response time, LG seems to have other ideas.
LG L1515S LCD
guess you are wrong.

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
i solved the resolution problem..it supports 1280*768 but only at 60hz refresh rate..currently running at it..

its a tft monitor..

dibya_kol

In the zone
^^ install fraps and run it in background. Now i am expecting that enytime u can tell ' i am playing crysis 2 with dx11 patch in max details and it is very smooth as well ' .. LOL ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom