Facebook not opening in Airtel?

clmlbx

Technomancer
no, it is working in Airtel, but I just heard news that some ISP in India blocked facebook because of politics, came here find a article or discussion about it

where are you from? may it is blocked in your region,

one thing I forgot what might be the reason it's working over here, I am not using airtel DNS, I am using google DNS

clmlbx

Technomancer
yes, Airtel has blocked facebook, I switched to airtel DNS and it is not working..but good news is It is working with Google DNS, Just switch to google DNS and f*** airtel.. for censorship.

If you have turbo "on" in Opera then it will work with Airtel DNS too ...checked.

clmlbx

Technomancer
lol that was my 1500th post, Any more ISP Known about this issue? Well if Airtel has done all other ISP must have already done or will follow

clmlbx

Technomancer
1. open the window where you enter your IP Address.
2. see last input boxes one below other with Label "prefered DNS server" and "alternate DNS server".

3. change prefered DNS server to 8.8.8.8
4. change alternate DNS server to 8.8.4.4

I am still not able to find some article on reliable site about it, Only thing I remembered is rumour which surface couple of months back regarding facebook shutdown on 15 March 2012...

clmlbx

Technomancer
Hahah,I Tweeted them "You blocked facebook" How about we boycot yo :D

+1, any censorship should not be tolerated "+" I would like to add be reasonable with your tariff or soon I will boycott you, soon I find better or at least reliable like them:(

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
lol...yeah...looks like Facebook is blocked here by BSNL.

And they are dumb. when I type facebook.com it's not opening, but if I type Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More it opens :p

Well, that's cached URL of Pool Live Tour :p

But then if I try to view any picture or something the URL changes to facebook.com/something and alas...it's blocked.

What's going on man..!! Can't believe.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Lets all Do massive tweets....Lets flood twiter with tweets of india blocking facebook :D'
Oh,i remember theres a trial on facebook and google today in india,So theres chances of google to...... :(

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
BSNL isnt blocking not for me atleast. directly went on via facebook.com :confused:

Change DNS to 4.2.2.1 or Google DNS 8.8.8.8

In mobile I prefer surfing via Opera Mini. No blocks will work through that :wink:

serpent16 said:
Lets all Do massive tweets....Lets flood twiter with tweets of india blocking facebook '
Not needed. This thread is getting massive hits. I think its via Search Engine only.

Around 80 guests are viewing now :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
yes so dumb by Bsnl, even if it is working with Google DNS then how are they going to block it.

even it is working in Mobile as serpent16 says

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Airtel is a piece of s**t I tweeted them regarding this,There replying to every other persons other query's,But ignoring the Facebook query

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
BSNL isnt blocking not for me atleast. directly went on via facebook.com :confused:

Change DNS to 4.2.2.1 or Google DNS 8.8.8.8

In mobile I prefer surfing via Opera Mini. No blocks will work through that :wink:

Not needed. This thread is getting massive hits. I think its via Search Engine only.

Around 80 guests are viewing now :)

Well, so you guys suggesting I should change my DNS to Google DNS.

Well, how about changing itself in Router..?? My router is set to PPPoE mode, I connect many devices simultaneously with LAN and WiFi.

Yes 5 Members and 109 Guests.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Hope its reaches 1k :D,Then all people should login to facebook,twitter say about this.Lets see what they can do

Top Bottom